Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Two Peas...Bucket shuts down

For those that haven't heard, the web site retailer and social media site, "Two Peas in a Bucket" is shutting down in a few weeks. While they may not have been a huge presence for cardmakers, they have been big in other papercrafts, particularly scrapbooking.

They had robust bulletin boards and for me was my second "go to" after SCS. It's just sad to see another powerhouse in the industry go down, both for their product availability and their social media presence with its boards, classes and design team. Many well know designers began their careers with Two Peas. I hope that their talented folks will find new jobs soon so that we can continue to learn from them and bear witness to their talent and great work.

Mob
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the whole thing shutting or just the shop?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:02 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Everything is shutting down as of July 10th. Classes, videos, etc.. will all be gone. So sad but honestly 2Peas wasn't the same after the new year. The rumors have been rampant the last few months so it wasn't a total shock. Just wish the message boards could still be active.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

that's a shame for them. I never could work my way around the site and wasn't a scrapbooker so it just didn't fit me, but it did seem to fit so many.

I hope they know there is a scrapbooking section here and I am sure they would be more than welcome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Its irritating to me that they just shut down the boards without any notice...not even a coup!e of days! I would have liked some notice to keep in touch with some people :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I liked their message boards a lot and will miss them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Me too. I wish some of the heavy posters would have been able to create a new message board and invite everyone before it shut down. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaileysMamaView Post
Me too. I wish some of the heavy posters would have been able to create a new message board and invite everyone before it shut down. :(
They did, about a year ago, I think. I can't remember the name but it was started by the Two Peas poster "Scoobers," who runs/owns it. If you find it you'll have to register (free) and be "okayed" by Scoobers. They had some bad trolling from the Smack boards so now to see the threads you have to be registered. Also, participants have to post at least once a month or get dropped. This was also initiated to prevent trolling. Sorry I can't remember the name of the site, but Two Peas will be up for a while, and you might be able to pm someone there for the information.

Edited to add: I just saw on the other thread here another, newer Two Peas "refugees" board started just now here: http://2peasrefugees.boards.net/. This isn't the one I was referring to.

Last edited by Louisa May; 06-25-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with everyone about the sudden loss of the forum boards. They got a lot of traffic, including me and I'm sure people are wanting to make plans to connect elsewhere. I would've been nice if they'd kept the boards open until the end of the week.
mob
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I haven't posted there in years, but to not have any warning is lousy! And just imagine - all the Galleries and the Forums - just GONE! It will always have a place in my heart because I found it when I wanted to learn to stamp (after finding SB'ing too stressful) and make cards. Some very patient ladies on the stamping forum "taught" me how to stamp - recently I thought about going back to see if I could find some of my first posts over there to see how funny it was what I didn't know!!

And it was 2Peas that led me here to SCS, which has been HOME to me for 10 years now! :-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

The name of the other scrapbooking I couldn't remember in my post below is Scrap N Yap: Login - ScrapNYap
It was started by Two Peas posters became angry with the Two Peas owners.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I think it was a slap in the face and a dirty way they shut down their site. The rumors have been rampant for months they were going to close. It wasn't a big surprise. I know they didn't have to say anything. They just abruptly shut it down. They didn't even give anyone a chance on the Message Board to say goodbye or us long time members to make a new message board. Even ProvoCraft didn't do something like that when pcCrafter shut down. Least they gave the girls a chance to make a new MB and say goodbye. TwoPeas one of the longest MB in the crafting industry and poof gone! Friggin unbelievable!

Nobody flame me I am just upset and was pretty shocked how they did it. Even when I ran Message Boards I always kept my site up a month so everyone could prepare before I closed it.

I don't even know where to go now for scrapbooking. Scrapbook.com is lovely but not very active. Lot of the scrapbooking forums are not very active. What made 2Peas wonderful was the mix of traditional and modern scrapbookers. That's going to be really hard to find again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 02:04 AM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

I saw it and not Surprised either. The boards are locked down but you can still send pea mail which is what I did. I will be here now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 02:12 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Website was up this morning but it's been down for hours now- 508 error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 04:24 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

There is a Youtube channel for Two Peas and it has 1700+ videos

TwoPeasInABucket - YouTube
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 04:41 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Although I love this board, I am sad to see 2peas close down. I loved to see all the scrapbooking pages that so many talented ladies posted and their classes. I did hear this morning that some posters from 2peas just opened a board called 2peasrefugees.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 04:48 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

I'm very sad to see it go. I loved the fact that I could post something about anything and get opinions and answers from all over. Information that I needed from people who had experience with whatever it was.

It makes me sad that they need to close. Does anyone know of other sites besides SCS that has the resources for not only crafting questions, but life questions? Seriously, if I wanted to make a big purchase I would check Peas or post on Peas to see what others had for experience.

Sad...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was not active on the 2peas forum, but I have read several places that some ladies are starting groups on Facebook to keep in touch, keep swaps going, etc and to try searching in FB groups for "two peas" to find them. I am bummed though, that the boards are gone as I often looked there for questions with products and help with techniques since the forum was so extensive. I could often Google a product and a review of it would come up on 2peas.

I also had read that the forum and boards would be shut down in July, so I'm surprised that they're already down. Perhaps they shut them down to avoid the site crashing from traffic and they will come back up?? I know a lot of people are angry about not being able to access classes they've paid for and had not completed...
Old 06-26-2014, 05:44 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

It's possible that they shut down abruptly because they weren't able to pay their web provider and service was terminated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmbelleinaView Post
I was not active on the 2peas forum, but I have read several places that some ladies are starting groups on Facebook to keep in touch, keep swaps going, etc and to try searching in FB groups for "two peas" to find them. I am bummed though, that the boards are gone as I often looked there for questions with products and help with techniques since the forum was so extensive. I could often Google a product and a review of it would come up on 2peas.
I think those of you who used the Two Peas forum in the past will find we on Splitcoast have all of the features they had. We have an extensive tutorial /video library . People ask and receive advise on any topic you can imagine and post reviews ( good and bad) products.
Splitcoast is a very friendly and helpful forum.

We have threads for everyday life discussions as well as craft threads
Take a few minutes and paddle around I think you may be surprised at all you will find here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 06:31 AM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

I just managed to get back to the site and they still have stuff for sale but a lot is sold out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 06:56 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerdView Post
I'm very sad to see it go. I loved the fact that I could post something about anything and get opinions and answers from all over. Information that I needed from people who had experience with whatever it was.

It makes me sad that they need to close. Does anyone know of other sites besides SCS that has the resources for not only crafting questions, but life questions? Seriously, if I wanted to make a big purchase I would check Peas or post on Peas to see what others had for experience.

Sad...........
Keep scrolling down - we even have a Current Events (debate) board here (not for the fainthearted at times). If people are regulars here I'm sure they will be aware of what has happened at 2Peas and be more than welcome in any area of SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

I do enjoy SCS! I use the site as a stamping reference and ideas. I haven't looked much at the boards that are below the stamping ones.

The ladies here are wonderful. If I have a technique or product question they know their stuff and share! Their wisdom makes my cards look pretty!

Thanks SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

another good scrapping/ stamping and anything crafty site is Welcome to UKScrappers - UKScrappers like SCS they are very welcoming
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #25  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What happened? I watched their warehouse videos several years ago and noticed in the past couple of years that they were focusing a lot on Project Life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I joined Two Peas years ago and spent a few hours on the site over a few months and was not happy with the forums. The place was a free for all of snarky, downright mean, comments mixed in with decent posts. I left and did not look back.

I have no idea if the site stayed that way, but can't say it matters to me that it is gone. I love a good story and a good inside the industry scoop but calling out members with attacks on the stuff they posted in the galleries was just so junior high.

I like SCS. We may go off the rails a few times, but the mods force us back on track.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I must admit that I have never been on the 2 Peas forum (SCS is all I need for hanging out with like-minded and supportive crafters) - but I did love their Gallery. Last night and today I have been madly "Pinning" my favourite projects (that's when I am not getting a 503 error!). Guess I expected their Gallery would always be there! Thank goodness for online Pin Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 04:47 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

It makes me sad. Loved that place
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 07:09 AM   #29  
Mad Swapper

I would love to see SCS develop an app like Two Peas had...I loved being able to access papercrafting inspiration on my iPod touch without all the extra stuff that, in my opinion, clutters up the site here. I would love to be able to read the forums and access the gallery. I am sorry to see Two Peas go for that one main reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #30  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc0holicView Post
I would love to see SCS develop an app like Two Peas had...I loved being able to access papercrafting inspiration on my iPod touch without all the extra stuff that, in my opinion, clutters up the site here. I would love to be able to read the forums and access the gallery. I am sorry to see Two Peas go for that one main reason.
The forum app is coming out shortly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBear2View Post
I must admit that I have never been on the 2 Peas forum (SCS is all I need for hanging out with like-minded and supportive crafters) - but I did love their Gallery. Last night and today I have been madly "Pinning" my favourite projects (that's when I am not getting a 503 error!). Guess I expected their Gallery would always be there! Thank goodness for online Pin Boards

Will the pins be there though once the gallery is deleted? I wasn't sure so I ended up saving all my favorites to my computer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

You don't need an app. Go into SCS on your device, bookmark and save it to your home screen. That way you don't go through anything. You go right to the page that you've saved. It is a lot less steps than an app.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #33  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiemnView Post
Will the pins be there though once the gallery is deleted? I wasn't sure so I ended up saving all my favorites to my computer

Once the site is down, those pins will just all be dead links :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiemnView Post
I use Clipix as my online Pin Board and even if the original link to a pin disappears, the original photo remains - but obviously if I clicked on the photo to go to the original link, the link won't work once 2 Peas remove their gallery from the internet. I have had this happen before when I have pinned a card photo from someone's blog but since pinning, the Blogger has taken their blog down so the blog no longer exists but the photo is still there (thank goodness!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

I was never active there, but am surprised to see such a big site shut down. I worry about all the businesses closing their doors in this industry and what it means for papercrafting in general.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ange2k25View Post
I was never active there, but am surprised to see such a big site shut down. I worry about all the businesses closing their doors in this industry and what it means for papercrafting in general.
It means we may be coming full cycle and may have to make everything again. The basics are always going to be available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts

Quote:

I really think brick and mortar stores are closing because of an increase in internet ordering.

There is a huge selection from small independent stamp companies(which is growing) through the internet that is not available in big box stores. Plus more personalize customer service from these independent stamp companies.

Archivers, Hobby Lobby and Micheals don't even compare to internet shopping. Even since Archivers close my local scrap/stamp store has expanded. I am so happy they are still around. I was a little scared they would close since Archivers did, but they seem to be doing better.

At my sracp/stamp store I can walk in and get every day supplies from them or maybe a coupon or two for supplies at Hobby Lobby and Micheals, but for a selection of stamps it is now just the internet. I even buy my paper for copics through GinaK, and colored card stock through SU. Pattern paper I am lucky as my local scrap/stamp store carries a ton off.

Oh I forgot, my stamp store has a wonderful service. If I want a stamp from a manufacturer that they care, but said stamp in not available in the store. They will order it for me free of shipping cost. That just floored me. So if I want a MFT, Magnolia, Inky Antics, Unity or one of the many manufacturers stamps that they carry, all I have to is order through them and shipping is free. Awesome.

I know many people don't have any brick and mortar stores by them. So internet shopping is the only way to purchase for this craft.

But buy any chance if this stamping industry does come to an end, I for one have enough product (except for glue) to last me my lifetime!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I am old enough to have seen this happen with many hobbies and trends.

Paper crafting is a mature hobby and most people have a lot of stuff .The days of people spending several hundred dollars a month are over.
However, The best run businesses will survive. They always do

If the supply of things dwindles in stores many people have so much stuff we should be able to get new to us things for a life time just by shopping the yard sales LOL

Just my 2� worth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

I was never a member of Two Peas...but I spent a lot of my lunch time reading their MB and frankly, laughing like a crazy woman. That MB was a riot, no subject was off the tables. Many of their members were downright hysterical. I learned a lot from the general scrapbook boards, as well as was entertained by NSBR. Was some of it a bit much...yes, but I felt an odd sense of sadness to see it go away. Not only from the aspect of a part of our hobby dying, but in terms of the enjoyment I got from lurking. Going to do my part to be more active here at SCS. I've always appreciated the kind environment here and am going to try to be more engaged in the venues that we have left.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #40  
Hardware Hotshot

stamping forums are getting hard to find. This site is the best; but, they are disappearing otherwise. I'm missing some of the chatting from other forum sites online.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes