Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What is the best way to get 3-D Snowflakes? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-best-way-get-3-d-snowflakes-308430/)

INGonzalez 12-18-2007 10:26 AM

What is the best way to get 3-D Snowflakes?

I want the snowflakes to look glittery and poufed on the card - I tried embossing with Iridescent Ice but it was too flat - looked like just glitter ... also tried metallic ink and clear embossing but the ink was not glittery enough. Any ideas ?

mullycat 12-18-2007 10:55 AM

How about UTEE or Stickles?

cuccicoo1002 12-18-2007 11:01 AM

Stickles will dry flat also...maybe if you sprinkle a little glitter on while the clear embossing powder is still hot? I'm not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try :)

Good luck!

INGonzalez 12-18-2007 11:04 AM

I have some UTEE - never used it - is it used just like embossing powder?

GarnetJ 12-18-2007 11:05 AM

I would use try metallic ink AND metallic embossing powder. I matched up gold with gold for ornaments I am making. It seems to "pouf" up better with the metallic EP.

greetingsbydebra 12-18-2007 01:58 PM

There was some puffy white EP at my LSS. I don't know what brand it was or the exact name (sorry!) but it's supposed to be a little puffy when it's heated. You could ask at your LSS if you have one. If not, I can call the store here tomorrow and ask for details.

curias 12-18-2007 04:42 PM

I think it's Ranger has put out a Puff's line of embossing powder. Maybe mix that with irredescent ice.

ashymko 12-18-2007 07:07 PM

I don't know how "puffy" you want your snowflakes, but if you want really puffy snowflakes, maybe try using liquid applique and put on some colour matching glitter while it is still wet. When it's dry just heat set it and the sparkles stay put. I have done that for snow and it ends up being puffy and sparkly. Just a thought...

Runamok 12-18-2007 07:51 PM

I was also going to suggest liquid applique--fun stuff! Also maybe white flocking with glitter? Flocking is fuzzy and soft and makes great snow.

INGonzalez 12-19-2007 07:00 AM

Thank you ladies for some great ideas.

miamiscrapper 12-19-2007 07:07 AM

I'm new to stamping and really appreciate this forum and all the wonderful tips.

Can someone tell me where I can buy liquid applique? Thanks for your help!

ashymko 12-19-2007 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some scrapbook stores carry Liquid Applique, but some don't. If you are near a Michael's store they carry Tulip "Puffy" paint in the fabric section with all of the other fabric paints. This is what it looks like...

mcfadden 12-19-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INGonzalez (Post 8051163)
I want the snowflakes to look glittery and poufed on the card - I tried embossing with Iridescent Ice but it was too flat - looked like just glitter ... also tried metallic ink and clear embossing but the ink was not glittery enough. Any ideas ?

Lots of great suggestions. Please let us know what you did and how it turns out! Anxiously awaiting the results.

Clownmom 12-19-2007 03:14 PM

Joann carries Liquid Applique.