Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Well I am bummed! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/well-i-am-bummed-48796/)

lishee 05-04-2005 11:52 AM

Well I am bummed!

I was so excited about hosting my first SU! party yesterday and I had over 20 people there but barely any sales. =( I was so hoping to get some hostess benefits but now it looks like I don't. So I am bummed about it.

Linny6 05-04-2005 11:57 AM

That's too bad, Leigh. I had read your earlier post and was rooting for you! I guess you never know who will be really interested and who won't. Maybe if you have a party outside of the office you'll get more orders towards your hostess benefits next time. Good luck!

Linn

chloeandnicksmom 05-04-2005 11:59 AM

Sorry to hear you're party didn't go as well as planned. I know the first time I saw a IB&C I was totally intimidated. I didn't have a clue what to order or even where to start. Give your newbies some time, host some classes, and they will become more comfortable and get into it more. I am only a customer myself and it has taken me some time to really get into it. The more time I spend here and at stampin classes the more I love it.

Sorry, I guess I read it that you where a demo.

dastamper 05-04-2005 12:00 PM

Hey don't get too bummed ;) I understand my first workshop I had 10 adults and two children. No one bought anything, but I still became a demo. Its nothing personal, but what people are interested in and what they can afford at the time. I had a second workshop, but only 3 people bought out of 7.
Hope you have a great day. :D Aloha

stampfunny 05-04-2005 12:08 PM

Party dumps.............

Try not to be discouraged.....it happens to everyone. What appeals to us sometimes just sin't someone else's cup of tea. Do you think that perhaps they knew of a new catty coming out? or were they just totally disinterested?
Remember, you can always host another one and invite different people.

Sairabee 05-04-2005 12:25 PM

Don't be discouraged! I know (first hand) it stinks when you have expectations (oodles of stamps!) that aren't met, but I would recommend scheduling another show. I host two shows/classes/whatever you want to call them (!) per year. One in the spring, and one in the fall. My fall shows are always a smash - I have them in late October or early November and everyone is thinking "Christmas!". My spring shows are pretty lackluster. I've had 10 people come and spend maybe $50 total.

My last show was March 30th. Six people RSVP'ed (I was psyched! I started picking out Level 2 and 3 sets!). The day of the party, four people cancelled. Totally bummed me out. I wanted to cancel the show altogether, but my demonstrator lives out of town and was already on her way. I apologized profusely when she arrived, but when all was said and done the two people who came spent $300 between them! I couldn't believe it!

I guess my point is that you just never know what's going to happen. Don't give up hope though!!

Kar 05-04-2005 02:26 PM

honestly the very FIRST time I saw the IB&C I was totally overwhelmed. I did order but only a stamp set and an ink pad the first time. After that I was ordering $100 or so at a time!! ;)

photocropper 05-04-2005 02:28 PM

Don't be so bummed ~ at least you planted seeds and you NEVER ever know when those seeds will take root! And when they do you will be there to water them!!!! :)

Shanon 05-04-2005 02:35 PM

Keep your chin up and look forward to the next party!!:D