Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   WDIM? What do all the acronymns mean? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/wdim-what-do-all-acronymns-mean-514694/)

jovian7 12-12-2010 06:01 PM

WDIM? What do all the acronymns mean?

WDIM = What does it mean? All the acronymns, that is. I'm new to stamping, cardmaking, scrapping and just can't figure out what a lot of the abbreviations used here and on blogs mean. :confused:

If you use an acronym, can you post it and it's meaning here? It would greatly help me and other people new to the craft.

Thank you!

M. Hotchkiss

Crafts 12-12-2010 06:16 PM

All the acronyms can be overwhelming for newcomers. :eek:

There's a long list of them in this thread: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...elp-t4947.html

mamaxsix 12-12-2010 06:17 PM

Here's a few that I've seen used frequently
CAS= clean and simple
EP= embossing powder
EF=embossing folder
MDS-My Digital Studio
DP-designer paper
In the keyword section here on splitcoast the acronyms with numbers refer to challenges (WT-ways to use it, CAS-clean and simple cards, TLC-Technique Lovers Challenge, CC-Color Combinations, MMTPT-Teapot Tuesdays, F4A-Free for All, IC-Inspiration Challenge) SUO means only Stampin'Up materials were used and SUM means mostly Stampin' Up materials were used
Then there are abbreviations for "text-type" language: HTH hope this helps, IMHO In my humble opinion, etc.

armadillo 12-12-2010 06:26 PM

And no where is WDIM.

jovian7 12-12-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armadillo (Post 17685925)
And no where is WDIM.

Haha! Add it to the list!

Thank you!

hoptownracer1 12-12-2010 09:03 PM

Thank you so much for asking that question! I have the brain fog somedays, and can't figure out what something means (sometimes I just plain forget!).
My question is; when you CASE a card, does that just mean you are using that persons design and just changing up some things to make it your own? What is the etiquette for all of that? I know I would definately mention the card cased (and the user who made it) if I were to post one. Is it enough to just mention the poster, or do you need to link to the card also? Is it enough to mention the original poster who designed the card and describe the card you cased? I've just never seen this mentioned. Would love input.
Thanks again for this post. I could'nt for the life of me remember what DP stood for yesterday!

armadillo 12-13-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovian7 (Post 17685946)
Haha! Add it to the list!

Thank you!

No can do 'cause I don't know what those letters stand for.

lgulotta 12-13-2010 04:00 AM

On the left side of the home page there is a long list of things people new to the site might want to check out first, including "Find out about all those crazy acronyms" :-)

Susan_T 12-13-2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armadillo (Post 17686538)
No can do 'cause I don't know what those letters stand for.

It was obviously tongue in cheek. I could see the smile in that even without the smiley face. Read the first line of the first post! She spells it out with an equals sign.

armadillo 12-13-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_T (Post 17686642)
It was obviously tongue in cheek. I could see the smile in that even without the smiley face. Read the first line of the first post! She spells it out with an equals sign.

Well, dopey, dense me! It is terrible to be old and decrepit!!!

Susan_T 12-13-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armadillo (Post 17686895)
Well, dopey, dense me! It is terrible to be old and decrepit!!!

Don't feel bad because we all have days like that. At least I know I do and they're happening more and more often! Cute dog!

armadillo 12-13-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_T (Post 17687072)
Cute dog!

Thank you, that is Jazz, my little four legged nephew.