Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Location: I'm actually lost... if you find me, could you let me know where I am??
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My head is spinning!!

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to stamping, but not to this site (well, I just became a member, but have been lurking in the shadows for a long time!) I have seen so many beautiful cards and read so many techniques my head is spinning! Oh you people are talented!!

I have a ton of questions, but am just going to ask a few. It seems that most people here use SU products and I haven't "hooked up" with an SU dealer in my area yet, so maybe that's why I can't find some of the things I'm looking for. I'd like to know if these are exclusive to SU or if there are other places to purchase them. I also have some really dumb questions! lol

First of all, what is the difference between a craft pad and a white ink pad? When looking at pictures in the gallery, I see a lot of people use a craft pad.
Is there a different look, or maybe a craft pad is used for certain techniques?

The "slit punch"? Is that the right name? Looks like a half circle. I've seen a lot of pics in the gallery where maybe the greeting is on white cardstock and it's matted on colored that has those "half circles" on each side. Am I making any sense? lol Are those exclusively SU? :confused:

I'm assuming there's a difference between glossy card stock and glossy photo paper. I don't have any glossy cardstock and tried the photo paper and had a mess! lol (Told you I had dumb questions)! I've also seen people mention other cardstock finishes. I'm guessing they're SU?

I think I've torchured everyone enough, so I'm going to stop now! lol I HAVE found a lot of my questions answered in the forums and gallery. I LOVE this site and I must say I have never seen so many talented, creative people before! I'm learning A LOT!! The trick is just remembering the stuff!! LOL Thanks in advance for the help.... I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I delve into this newly found obsession!!

Debi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Hi there! I think I can answer some of your questions. The craft pad is a pigmented ink ( good for embossing ) etc. The slit punch is probably available in your local scrapbooking store. And the glossy paper is different than photo paper. The glossy paper is good for using your brayer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

First of all, what is the difference between a craft pad and a white ink pad? When looking at pictures in the gallery, I see a lot of people use a craft pad.
Is there a different look, or maybe a craft pad is used for certain techniques?

** A Craft Pad is pigment ink - slower to dry, thicker ink. Stampin Up's white ink pad is a craft pad - it is pigment ink. Craft ink is more opaque (you can't see through is as much to the paper color below). And yes, there are some techniques that only work with Craft Ink.

The "slit punch"? Is that the right name? Looks like a half circle. I've seen a lot of pics in the gallery where maybe the greeting is on white cardstock and it's matted on colored that has those "half circles" on each side. Am I making any sense? lol Are those exclusively SU? :confused:

**I have not seen the slit punch anywhere else - yes you have the right name. If you hook up with a demo and get a catalog you'll find it on the page with the punches.

I'm assuming there's a difference between glossy card stock and glossy photo paper. I don't have any glossy cardstock and tried the photo paper and had a mess! lol (Told you I had dumb questions)! I've also seen people mention other cardstock finishes. I'm guessing they're SU?

**Photo paper WILL NOT work the same as glossy card stock - like you I tried it and it is not the same thing. I really like SU's glossy cardstock.

I think I've torchured everyone enough, so I'm going to stop now! lol I HAVE found a lot of my questions answered in the forums and gallery. I LOVE this site and I must say I have never seen so many talented, creative people before! I'm learning A LOT!! The trick is just remembering the stuff!! LOL Thanks in advance for the help.... I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I delve into this newly found obsession!!

Debi[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Location: I'm actually lost... if you find me, could you let me know where I am??

Thank you both so much for taking the time to answer my questions! I definately DO need to hook up with an SU dealer! You have both been a tremendous help!

Thanks again!
Debi
Reply With Quote Likes