Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

It is very hard to believe....

Don't you find it kind of hard to believe that the spring mini was on line a month before it came out;;But yet no one can seem to get a hold of the retiring list coming out the first of May? Sure would be nice. It could save me an awful lot of money hopefullly. Like maybe some of 700.00 all at once. Grannypat
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannypat
Don't you find it kind of hard to believe that the spring mini was on line a month before it came out;;But yet no one can seem to get a hold of the retiring list coming out the first of May? Sure would be nice. It could save me an awful lot of money hopefullly. Like maybe some of 700.00 all at once. Grannypat
relax......someone will likely leak it soon
Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Um, that would be because it is coming out the first of May and this is only April. It has not been released to the demonstrators yet.

Sandi
Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandilotter
Um, that would be because it is coming out the first of May and this is only April. It has not been released to the demonstrators yet.

Sandi

LOL!!! I'm a Demo and for a minute there I thought I had really missed something! Nope we don't have access yet.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

i can't wait either.... i'm excited to see what will be retiring! but then again, there's the pressure to figure out what i "have" to have...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

The retiring list used to come out May 15th, giving everyone 6 weeks (it's good thru the end of June). I think it was last year or maybe the year before that SU started announcing it on May 1st....not any sooner! No one knows!!!(except the 2 word sets for the APril special which SU has kindly let us know are retiring)

My Gallery
Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Just curious, how does it save you $700 to have the list early? I'd like to be able to save half of that
Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Well, we only know about 2 retiring stamp sets and that is because they are in the group of six word stamp sets that are on sale for April. SU was great in letting us know that 2 will be retiring.
All Year Cheer 2
Tiny Talk

Glenda
Old 04-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That was probably a link given to you by a demonstrator, right? Minis go online a month early so demos can see them and have time to preorder stuff to start making samples so they are ready to go on the first day the mini is available for customers to start ordering from it.

As has been said before, the reason the retirement list is not out yet is that it has not been posted online for demonstrators to distribute. I guarantee you that if it's released at midnight SU! time on the demo website, it'll be posted here on SCS before dawn, LOL! I'm just glad SU! releases a list at all! Could you imagine getting NO notice that certain sets were on the way out? Happens all the time elsewhere. My sister went to the Verizon store last month to get a new battery for her phone only to learn that model was being discontinued and they weren't stocking the accessories anymore.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 04-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

In answer to some of the questions people are not seeming to follow or do not completely understand.
please no flames, just trying to explalin what people don't understand.

#1- I would not have to spend 700.00 all at once if I knew all I want is not going to be discontinued. I have spent way over that this year alone.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Default to continue

the spring mini was not on the stampin up site, when it was posted on the board. And it WAS POSTED ONE FULL MONTH BEFORE RELEASE.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Demos do get access to the Mini's one month before release on the Demo side of the SU site because we are allowed to pre-order one month in advance. However as far as I know the retired list will be released to us on May 1st - not a month before. We have never had access to the retired list before it's scheduled release date that I am aware of. I'm sure it will be posted here within minutes of it's release.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Since I'm not a demo, I rarely care if a set will retire. If it is going to retire, a LOT of demos will be selling them anyway, so I wouldn't rush to buy it unless I thought I couldn't live without it or it was going be one of those odd Wild West sets that sells for upteen dollars.

Otherwise, I just think it is fun to see what will be retiring.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
Demos do get access to the Mini's one month before release on the Demo side of the SU site because we are allowed to pre-order one month in advance. However as far as I know the retired list will be released to us on May 1st - not a month before. We have never had access to the retired list before it's scheduled release date that I am aware of. I'm sure it will be posted here within minutes of it's release.
Just to further explain, the reason we do not have early access to the retirement list is that it is not necessary for that pre-order peroid.

I am sure it seems confusing to customers.

I am confidant that as soon as the info is released to demos it will be posted both here and on the customer area of the SU! site. Then there will be two months for purchasing the retiring sets.

I hope this helps.

my blog