Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Very Curious?? All Read......... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/very-curious-all-read-231509/)

Big Sky LadyBug 03-10-2007 06:01 PM

Very Curious?? All Read.........

I was wondering which Retired SU set is the most sought after or rare?

-MJ

StampinHay79 03-10-2007 06:15 PM

Not really sure. I had to get "On the Farm" and "Fresh Fruits" Gotta love Ebay!

stampmouse 03-10-2007 06:16 PM

good question will be curious to see

nmslmomto3 03-10-2007 06:22 PM

For the Love of Chocolate, and the boy scout one. I think Wolf is too.

STAMPINGODDESS 03-10-2007 06:23 PM

My guess is Girl Power and Boy Power, the scout sets.

Big Sky LadyBug 03-10-2007 06:27 PM

I seen the wolf set on the bay for 75 dollars, Yikes!

PolarBear 03-10-2007 06:32 PM

Girl power

parrothead 03-10-2007 06:41 PM

took me forever to get Santa's Helpers....I finally got them about a year 1/2 ago...I love my elves!!!

Big Sky LadyBug 03-10-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead
took me forever to get Santa's Helpers....I finally got them about a year 1/2 ago...I love my elves!!!

Hey I sold that one a few years ago! I am not into selling my stamps anymore, I miss the elves! :) -MJ

jranagel 03-10-2007 06:47 PM

I would have to agree with the scouting ones. I want those bad.

lbirus 03-10-2007 06:50 PM

How about the ret castle and dragon set? That's pretty sought after.

parrothead 03-10-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sky LadyBug
Hey I sold that one a few years ago! I am not into selling my stamps anymore, I miss the elves! :) -MJ

That is exactly why I don't sell ANY of my stamps!!!! You get rid of it and then you want it!!! I Love my elves!!!!

MSBetsyZ 03-10-2007 06:56 PM

Try doing a search on ebay of completed auctions, then sort them by most expensive. The very top few are usually the big lots of sets, but then you start getting into the individual sets that have gone for BIG bucks. I know there's a cowboy one that people go nuts over...

glitterdovefairy 03-10-2007 07:00 PM

my unmounted girl power went for $60

It is the only one I could figure out why I bought and didnt realize everyone wanted it so much till I sold it.

nana jenkins 03-10-2007 07:04 PM

Fancy Felines. I just had to have that set and I paid dearly for it! Of ocurse, I love hats and the cat holds a red hat beautifully. Someday it will pay for itself!! Also, Love of Chocolate.

Gina K. Designs 03-10-2007 07:19 PM

Girl Power- LOL! I just used this set yesterday. Yup, it's quite coveted!
Gina K.

ddietsch 03-10-2007 07:20 PM

It HAS to be Sunny Season's Greetings. I see it asked for on many forums by demos and customers alike!

Diane

kelly.sutterfield 03-10-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPINGODDESS
My guess is Girl Power and Boy Power, the scout sets.

The scouting boys set is Scouts at Play. But I definitely think that Girl Power is extremely coveted & pricey (if you can find one!). I'm never giving up either of my scouting sets!

scrappinkar 03-10-2007 08:01 PM

I've only been getting the su cattys for 4 issues now, so I wanted to know also!

lutheran 03-10-2007 08:02 PM

I would love to get . . .

a really old set called Nativity Silhouettes but the rare times I have seen it, it's over $60. When SU did the re-release promotion in '03 I had all my fingers and toes crossed, but no luck.

I see ISO Girl Power, Scouts at Play, Meow Meow, Bow Wow and Sunny Season's Greetings almost daily. Also, there are a lot of ISO's for Crayon Kids and Crayon Alphabets.

Too bad we can't see into the future and know which sets to hoard! Kind of like the Beanie Babies and Pokemon cards that took over our lives a while back!

Mary Beth

Englishrose 03-10-2007 08:06 PM

I've been looking fro Dreamcatcher. I only saw it once on e-bay and it went for $75!

Sherry A 03-10-2007 08:06 PM

R4etired Sets

I've seen "Wild, Wild, West" on ebay for over $100. It makes beautiful cowboy cards. Check out the gallery for jacksonbelle for a beautiful example of why this set is so "desired".

Sherry A

SDiegoGal 03-10-2007 08:07 PM

Here's some interesting info from theauctionrebel.com:

Below is a list of some Stampin� Up rubber stamp sets that regularly bring $50 or more (sometimes going into three figures) on eBay. The list contains the name of the set which can usually be found on the plastic clamshell case the come in along with the number of stamps originally included in each set.
  • Giant Monogram Set (27 stamps)
  • Tractor Time (6 stamps)
  • Nativity Silhouette (9 stamps)
  • Happy Trails (17 stamps)
  • Love Bakes (32 stamps)
  • Wild, Wild West (6 stamps)
  • Camping - Boy Scouts (15 stamps)
  • Cowboy Christmas (6 stamps)
  • Special Greetings (20 stamps)
  • Wolf (6 stamps)
  • Girl Power - Girl Scouts (8 stamps)
  • Train Mini (4 stamps)
  • Scouts At Play (8 stamps)
  • Song In Your Heart (4 stamps)
  • Harvest Of Friendship (17 stamps)
  • Sage Advice (8 stamps)
  • Camp Out (7 stamps)
  • Doll House (32 stamps)
  • Christmas Gift Tags (8 stamps)
  • God Speed (6 stamps)
  • Snow Globe (7 stamps)
  • Exotic Birds (6 stamps)
  • Equestrian Dream (6 stamps)
  • Joys Of The Season (4 stamps)
  • Country Window (16 stamps)
  • For The Love Of Chocolate (9 stamps)
  • Monkey Business (7 stamps)
  • Bear Necessities (9 stamps)
  • Elementary Days (7 stamps)
  • Home & Heart (16 stamps)
  • Asian Art (9 stamps)
  • Basket Of Kindness (6 stamps)
  • Roughing It (17 stamps)

llevans 03-10-2007 08:29 PM

I think this one has to be the most sought after.... I would also say Cowboy Christmas and Yee Haw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry A
I've seen "Wild, Wild, West" on ebay for over $100. It makes beautiful cowboy cards. Check out the gallery for jacksonbelle for a beautiful example of why this set is so "desired".

Sherry A

Suzy_H 03-10-2007 08:39 PM

subscribing

Cynamom 03-10-2007 08:51 PM

Don't forget about Snow Globe. That's a big one. Maybe even Christmas Cardinal. Maybe Fairy Nice. Not saying they go for as much as some of the ones mentioned, but they are hot requests often.

I'll have to admit I don't get the Girl Power thing. My DD is 9, and is in her first year of Juniors (Girl Scouts). I was the cookie mom and wanted a set to make thank yous for the people that bought cookies from her. I thought the CTMH set was just as nice, and SO affordable... and acrylic. So I bought it and have been soooooo happy with it! Sometimes I think people get caught up in the "SU spirit" and forget the options.

Katie018075 03-10-2007 09:30 PM

God Speed, definately...NEVER selling mine!! SU should come out with another "military" set...

Katie018075 03-10-2007 09:31 PM

Basket Full of Fun still goes very high too, never seen it below 40.00!

SilverDragoness 03-10-2007 11:41 PM

Don't forget the Irish Blessing Background stamp. I've seen it go for quite a bit.

Joelyn 03-11-2007 05:33 AM

The ones I loved and sought were "wild wild west" and "Kimono" I was lucky enough to be able to get both.

nmslmomto3 03-11-2007 06:05 AM

wow, I have the retired script bg (Irish Blessing) and also Bear Necessities listed on that list. Now I feel special! I still want for the Love of Chocolate though!

diane617 03-11-2007 06:18 AM

Boy, am I glad I hoarded a lot of the above. NEVER parting with Girl Power. Since a do GS I also search for vintage GS stuff on ebay and so I watch that set go for big bucks very often. Never did BS so it wasn't a necessity. I just got silhouette nativity this past year and paid just under $40. Also got Kimono- but I didn't pay too much-must have been a lucky bid. Mostly I get the things I still need from my wishlist when the retiring list comes out-to make sure I'm not saying-gee I wish. Not a demo so I use whatever strikes my fancy.

frogprincess 03-11-2007 06:34 AM

Subscribing--I have Girl Power--every once in awhile, I think about getting rid of it, then I need it for my troops! I also have the chicken wire background--I see that one requested a lot. I hardly use it, but always think I'll "need" it if I get rid of it!

frogprincess 03-11-2007 06:35 AM

Forgot to add---I regret not buying Equestrian Dreams and Tractor time---those are 2 sets I want but just can't make myself pay the big bucks for!

nabush 03-11-2007 06:39 AM

A more recent one that you can't seem to touch on ebay for under $70 is the Tall Tales alphabet...

Nancy

Faereygirl 03-11-2007 07:01 AM

I dunno but I am desperate to get my hands on Polar Express after seeing it on Anna Wright's blog.....those bears are so freaking cute!

Softangelkisses 03-11-2007 08:20 AM

As for me, my customers wish they would have ordered GODSPEED! So glad that I did!

I always wanted Seasons Sketches and have never gotten it :(

cincimom 03-11-2007 09:22 AM

Wow am I ever happy. I just recently bought Wolf from someone for $2 because she wanted to get rid of lots of sets.

Big Sky LadyBug 03-11-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbirus
How about the ret castle and dragon set? That's pretty sought after.

I have this set, it was one of the first I bought way back when I started in 1994. Way toooo cute!

Big Sky LadyBug 03-11-2007 11:26 AM

This is quite a list, and so happy to see I have several on it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDiegoGal
Here's some interesting info from theauctionrebel.com:

Below is a list of some Stampin� Up rubber stamp sets that regularly bring $50 or more (sometimes going into three figures) on eBay. The list contains the name of the set which can usually be found on the plastic clamshell case the come in along with the number of stamps originally included in each set.
  • Giant Monogram Set (27 stamps)
  • Tractor Time (6 stamps)
  • Nativity Silhouette (9 stamps)
  • Happy Trails (17 stamps)
  • Love Bakes (32 stamps)
  • Wild, Wild West (6 stamps)
  • Camping - Boy Scouts (15 stamps)
  • Cowboy Christmas (6 stamps)
  • Special Greetings (20 stamps)
  • Wolf (6 stamps)
  • Girl Power - Girl Scouts (8 stamps)
  • Train Mini (4 stamps)