Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a lot of wheels, but mine are unmounted and I use them fairly frequently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

I love them, found a ton of inks I've had for a long time just yesterday. I was thrilled to find those inks, lol.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

No, I noticed I wasn't using mine, so I sent them all to a better home. I put them on Ebay and people grabbed them up, so I know they will be put to use know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Still have 'em, use 'em, LOVE 'em. Mine are all still on their wheels too.

SAHM and SU! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Ink Cartridges are great, but that is not stopping me. I can still roll it across the regular inkpad for different colors.

Wheel guide is like a ruler, but has a raised edge/lip to let the wheel glide smoothly.

I had seriously thought of unmounting my wheels after reading several threads here on SCS. But then I felt that the purpose would be lost.

I found this Flex Ruler - so I can make different curvy shapes and run the wheel against it to get my pattern in different shapes which I will not be able to do if I unmount them.

And plus when I am using the roller on scrapbooking, with the wheel it is much easier to get long straight lines.

So I love wheels and having lots of fun with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #46  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

I just rec'd my new Crafts n things mag (still missing Rubber Stamper) any who on the back cover they have a new product from Clearsnap. Its a wheel that has adhesive on it so you can stick clear stamps on it so they become a wheel stamp!! Cool idea - but think about this... why can't you just take one of your wheels that you don't like, pull off the stamp, and then put some of that sticky tape for clear stamps on the empty wheel? I'd be apt to use my wheel if I could this.

After reading this thread I had decided to unmount my wheel stamps and this idea (if it works) would give me a use for my handles.

here is a link to the product
http://www.rubberd.com/getrollin.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

I really like wheels..but I notice that people find them hard to use..I now have the guide for them..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Now that I moved them out in the open where I can see them...instead of in the drawer, I use them more often. I love the jumbo wheels the most.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone know the link for the mounting of the wheels on the clear blocks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 02:27 AM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

I have four of them and have used ONE ONCE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #51  
Mad Swapper

I looove my wheels, but for some reason I don't use them much for cards, usually just scrapbooks. However, I do use them when making a large number of the same card or envelope, ie. around the holidays or bday invitations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 04:30 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

I use them when I remember I have them. I do really like to use them though!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I love wheels, I own 147 (SU and Clearsnap wheels) and I have not unmounted them. I like the fact that they roll, and so I keep them on their mounts. I am including some info from an internet class from a long time ago. The ideas are not all originally mine, it's just a compiliation of wheel ideas I've had stored for a long time. So the names of the wheels are out of date, but the ideas still work. Hope it helps.

WONDERFUL WORLD OF WHEELS

Stampin' Up! wheels provide an endless list of creative opportunities. Below are just a few possibilities.

Tip to getting started: For those just beginning to use the wheels you will need to get a �feel for the wheel.� With most of the wheels I like to roll corner to corner starting with the upper left hand side and pull towards myself. Everyone has to develop what "feels best" for them. When using the snowflake wheel I like it much better straight up and down so it looks like the snow is falling but the difference is very subtle and probably only noticed by me.

Make Stationery:
1. Cut regular copy/printer paper in half.
2. Then place a standard size envelope 3-5/8 X 6-1/2 (not business size, not card size) directly in the center of this paper (longer side to longer side and shorter to shorter but leaving about a 1 inch border all the way around.) Use a small piece of tape rolled over on itself to adhere the envelope to the paper so it will stay in place. Just be sure to use the right envelope (3-5/8 X 6- 1/2) or else it won't work out to be dimensionally correct.
3. Then I cut a sticky note to about 1-1/2 X 3 inches and place this on the envelope where you would write the address for the recipient of a letter . . . you know like we were taught in school. This will leave a white spot after you use the wheels and make it easier for the post office to read.
4. Next just choose a wheel you'd like to use. I like to use two together in an alternating
pattern. Such as the Posies (blue or yellow) and the Vine (green). Then you just roll your wheels across the paper/envelope stack you created.
5. Remove the sticky note and the envelope and you have a very pretty bordered page on which to write a nice letter to a distant family member or even to your child's teacher.

Idea File:
1. I like to do many of these at one time and gather 10 sets (paper & envelope) together with a piece of matching organdy ribbon. Tie a bow around the center of them and place them in a cello bag. You can create a matching topper but it looks just as pretty to fold over the cello bag top and simply seal with mono adhesive.

2. These make great graduation gifts, birthday presents, mother�s day presents, hostess thank you�s, etc.

3. I just saw this idea recently and loved it. There was one more part to this one that I saw. The designer had put a piece of card stock where I have said to put the post it note. She then folded the piece of card stock with the wheeled design on the outside. That piece was used for a tag on the gift. She tied hers together with ribbon only she had used a very large button on the front that the ribbon had been run through. It was so simple and a great new idea.

4. Another idea is to use them to create background "printed" paper. Such as the snowflake done in white on brocade blue paper . . . simply beautiful. You could use the hugs and kisses wheel with pink passion ink and roll on pos. pink paper for a nice
background or for something more striking use the white ink on the real red paper and emboss with white E.P.

5. You can roll them as an "edge" on the bottom of a card or even on the side depending on the design of the wheel. The butterfly is pretty this way with clear embossing ink and then do the popping pastels method to add color.
6. You can roll an image and cut it out and affix to a card such as the Heart Blocks wheel. Cut out the two hearts and the heart flower and butterfly. Mount to matching squares and place on center of a card two on top, two on bottom. You can even roll one extra butterfly and cut it out, place on a pop-dot and attach to the butterfly in the square creating some 3-D dimension to the card.

7. Use them to create a scrap book page.
Roll a wheel (example: Nursery Time) using the same color ink as the card stock such as Ballet Blue on Ballet Blue. Then roll ballet blue on ultra smooth vanilla. Cut this a little shorter than you page and mount it to the top. (This creates a rectangle look.) Then using the alpha blocks and Brilliant Blue ink, stamp a "title" to the page (such as "JUST ARRIVED") directly on top of your rectangle background. Add pictures mounted to ultra smooth vanilla card stock and your done.

8. Add Radiant Pearls to a single cell cartridge and wheel a background or just a header at the top of a paper or newsletter. You can even combine several colors and it will look painted!

9. They are the answer to all your gift packaging problems! Use them to decorate boxes, bags, tags, and even wrapping paper. Roll on standard lunch bags, fold over and punch two holes. Lace raffia through the holes and you have a very simple yet pretty gift bag.

10. Use wheels for creating cute �Survival� kits. (I have a list of these kits for just about every occasion.) Measure card stock to fit dimensions of a cello bag. Use wheel to roll a pattern on the card stock. Fill bag with items on survival list. Attach topper and you have a very clever gift.

11. What about using the wheels for making Candy Bar Wrappers. You could use the hugs and kisses wheel and make an inexpensive gift to give to the children on Valentines day or even to send to your child's teacher. Just remove the wrapper from a candy bar (any size, you decide) and measure a piece of card stock the same size. Just roll the wheel on standard copy paper so it will wrap easily around the candy bar. Seal shut. You could also stamp the child's name and glue it to the top of your newly created wrapper or perhaps create a matching label using card stock and a Valentine set.

12. Wheel on the poly shrink color in, cut, punch hole and shrink. Now you have a great little charm for your card. I did this on Christmas cards using the snowflake wheel as a background on Ballet Blue. Then I wheeled the snowman on white. I cut into sections of three snowmen � this makes a square. I added a splash of color to them. Then I wheeled the snowman on the poly shrink, colored, cut into individual snowmen, punched hole and shrunk. I attached it to the larger white snowman square with silver metallic cording. It was very cute.

**PROPER USE**
To use your new Stampin� Around Wheel:

1. Take ink cartridge and place into handle, with tab sticking out towards the front. The lid will want to pop off before you get the cartridge in all the way. Go ahead and slide the lid off, and then push down on ink cartridge to snap it into place.

2. Now, you can pop in your Stampin� Around Wheel. Push up on the tab on front side of ink cartridge to release it so that it goes up against the wheel.

3. Roll out a few times on some scratch paper to ink up the wheel. To roll wheel you can either pull towards yourself or push away from yourself. Try both to see which fells most comfortable for you and provides you with the best results.

Tip: If you put your index and middle fingers along the top side of the handle when you�re rolling, it will be easier to keep it flat and get proper coverage. (Some people find they have better luck if they stand up while wheeling.)

4. Now start rolling on your project. Be sure you have a larger piece of scratch paper underneath your project. Always start off the paper a bit and continuing past the end of your paper. This way you will ensure complete coverage of your project.

5. When you have finished wheeling, push down on the tab on the front side of the ink cartridge to push it away from the wheel. Now slide the lid back into place over the ink cartridge. Get a damp paper towel on a plate and wheel around on the paper towel until all the ink comes clean off the wheel. Now you can dry the wheel by running it across a dry paper towel or napkin.

**CLEANING**
When you have finished wheeling, push down on the tab on the front side of the ink cartridge to push it away from the wheel. Now slide the lid back into place over the ink cartridge. Now you can clean the wheel by rolling it on your moistened Stampin� Scrub. If you are using Versamark be sure to spray the Stampin� Scrub or the rubber on the wheel with Stampin� Mist to assist you in removing this heavier, stickier ink. Now dry the wheel by running it across the dry side of the Stampin� Scrub and then a paper towel if it is still damp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 05:25 AM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

I have always loved mine but have not touched them in at least a year. I have over 100 of the small ones alone. I'm thinking of selling most of them. Hmmmm, maybe I should pull them out again and use them.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #55  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Robyn,
I've seen your posts on the Cricut Chatter side and I've always been inspired by what you make.

The wheels offer me a chance to make background paper. SU's images are designed to go with their stamp sets. But a lot of the Clearsnap images are really background designs, swirls, stars, random images and such, so those I have used with lots of different stamps.

One thing I do alot with my wheeled backgrounds is to cut the large piece of cardstock in half, long ways and make hot chocolate packets. Basically a giant match book fold to cover the packet, add a sentiment and a ribbon and you have quick cut gifts. Great for ladies teas, kids and especially for a little something around the holidays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Love2Craft

I like mine but haven't used them in awhile either. I am disappointed SU doesn't have all the color cartidges anymore. I haven't demonstrated them because of that. I even emailed SU about this. I haven't received anything back yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoosekrazyView Post
I never used mine, even with the wheel guide. Then I unmounted them, and use them all the time now!
Ditto!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #58  
Insane Embellisher

I unmounted mine after reading this thread a few weeks ago. I bought a 2" x 8" Apple Pie Memories gridded acrylic block (from Stamping Cottage online) and a bottle of Aleene's Tack It Over & Over from a local store. I spent less than $15 on everything, including shipping.

It was so easy to unmount my wheels and now I love them! I have a lot of really great wheels but they drove me crazy so I hardly used them. The images would be crooked or unevenly inked but now they are so easy to use with the clear block.

I'm not planning to unmount my stamp sets but I am really glad I unmounted my wheels!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #59  
Kookie Creator

I like my wheels, but I don't use them as much because of a lack of color cartridges. I don't like large stamp pads for most of my stamping so I have very few to be able to roll the wheels in. The only reason I have not unmounted them is because I actually enjoy the rolling process.
I need to set aside some money for more cartridges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2View Post
I don't know the last time I used one of my wheels. Do you still get yours out and use?

Wanda
All the time! What better way to make your own DP that with wheels? And some of my wheels I just like to roll a bit and cut the images out for embellishments... or just wheel on a border... so many uses!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

The new wheel set up from Clearsnap is really nice. It allows you to use your acrylic stamps on a wheel. It is not self-inking but the wheel will snap out and can be used in the SU wheel holder. The best part is that you have the option of using the wheel or using the stamps on a block -- best of both worlds. This blog has a good explanation on the wheels and how to use them.

http://clearlydelightful.typepad.com/

Candyf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use mine all the time, especially for the flap on envelopes. I can't seem to find my wheel guide which is driving me crazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #63  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemxh7764View Post
I rarely used my wheels, even with the guide I had problems. Then I got the StampPress and OMG....... I use my wheels ALL the time and literally can do strips of images in minutes. I still use the handles if I need to have the image in the middle of a 12x12 but generally I use the strips. Hope I'm making sense...

Anyway.... I have used my wheels more in the last 2 month.

Whats a stampress?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #64  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

Stampress is a machine where you insert a wheel so you can imprimpt up to a 2" piece of paper, foil, or clay. Link to clearsnap: http://www.clearsnap.com/

I never use mine - for me it's a waste of $$, in fact mine is sitting in my give away/sell stack. I see where some could really like it, but not for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny you would pose this question, as I just used my one and only wheel this week! Ready to Roll by beadfreak22 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I had 15 wheels and never used them, so I unmoubted them, bought a 7" block and use them all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #67  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

I love the regular and jumbo wheels. I have A LOT of them! I found them to be an inexpensive way of demonstrating current mini catalog stuff. They are a lot cheaper than the stamp sets. I have not unmounted any of them. I guess I like the wheeling process, too. They are great for doing a quick 2-4-6 box, pillow box or other gift item. Don't be afraid to make your own cartridges--either regular or jumbo. You can have any color you want with a blank cartridge and an ink refill--even In-Colors and VersaMark for emobssing. If you don't have cartridges, you can just roll it across any ink pad. I have noticed less and less wheel being offered in the catalog. Happy Stampin' and Wheelin'!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #68  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by candyfView Post
The new wheel set up from Clearsnap is really nice. It allows you to use your acrylic stamps on a wheel. It is not self-inking but the wheel will snap out and can be used in the SU wheel holder. The best part is that you have the option of using the wheel or using the stamps on a block -- best of both worlds. This blog has a good explanation on the wheels and how to use them.

http://clearlydelightful.typepad.com/

Candyf
I bought that wheel months ago, and it is by far one of the worst purchases I've ever made. All of the stamps fall off the wheel, no matter what I do or how I stick them on. I've tried using adhesive, not using adhesive, acrylic stamps, unmounted rubber stamps. I contacted Clearsnap twice, and I never received a reply. That company went down a few notches in my book.

On the other hand, I've had a lot of fun just recently using my SU Halloween wheel. I made adorable candle decorations. I know Clearsnap makes the SU wheels also (and the owners are the same), but they really missed the boat with that new clear wheel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only have a few but I do use them sometimes. I need to get the wheel guide though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #70  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I bought that wheel months ago, and it is by far one of the worst purchases I've ever made. All of the stamps fall off the wheel, no matter what I do or how I stick them on. I've tried using adhesive, not using adhesive, acrylic stamps, unmounted rubber stamps. I contacted Clearsnap twice, and I never received a reply. That company went down a few notches in my book.

On the other hand, I've had a lot of fun just recently using my SU Halloween wheel. I made adorable candle decorations. I know Clearsnap makes the SU wheels also (and the owners are the same), but they really missed the boat with that new clear wheel.
Are you using several individual stamps? If so,you have to space them really close together in order for them to work correctly. It takes a little practice. I haven't had any problems when I use one single long image. I think Clearsnap was bought recently (maybe by SU -- not sure). Sorry you are having so much problems.

Candyf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #71  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

It doesn't matter how I place them. They all fall off. The same thing happens with my mother's. Maybe we got defective ones, but I wish Clearsnap would have replied to my emails. I bought them at a show, so I can't return them. Oh, well, you can't win 'em all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

I love my wheels and use them all the time. My background stamps on the other hand are being neglected.

Check out my blog! www.sunfaeriecreations.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes