Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Cuttlebug vs Big Shot for Embossing & Nesties
I use both the Cuttlebug & Bigshot and prefer the Bigshot for Embossing & Nesties 1 1.96%
I use both the Cuttlebug & Bigshot and prefer the Cuttlebug for Embossing & Nesties 1 1.96%
I use both the Cuttlebug & Bigshot and prefer the Cuttlebug for Embossing & Big Shot for Nesties 1 1.96%
I use both the Cuttlebug & Bigshot and prefer the Big Shot for Embossing & Cuttlebug for Nesties 0 0%
I only use the Big Shot and LOVE it for both Embossing & Nesties 11 21.57%
I only use the Cuttlebug and LOVE it for both Embossing & Nesties 37 72.55%
I use the Big Shot and don't like using it for Embossing 0 0%
I use the Big Shot and don't like using it for Nesties 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nesties & Embossing with Cuttlebug vs Bigshot?

Ok...there has been a lot of chatter about the Big Shot since SU added it to their line.

It gets hard to add all these comments up, so I thought I would try a poll.

I currently have a Cuttlebug and the Big Shot looks more stable, and also I hate lime green.

I notice many of you have both...I don't have room for both!! My Cricut has its place in the die-cutting department, and the Cuttlebug is for Nesties and Embossing only.

So my question is for those of you who have one or both machines:

Do you prefer the Big Shot or Cuttlebug for Nesties?? For Embossing??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I love my Cuttlebug and I love lime green!!! But I have wondered about the fact that they don't make the Cuttlebug in a variety of colors.

P.S. This Valentines Swap is for any of you going on the October Stamp & Cruise.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I bought the Cuttlebug shortly after it first came out. I have almost all the embossing folders and the nesties. As a SU Demo I can't demonstrate with my cuttlebug, but it does the same thing as the Big Shot and I can use all the dies that SU sells , including the Big XL Dies. I had my DH cut me two extended cutting pads from Plexiglass and I just run the die through my cuttlebug. Easy peasy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

This is getting interesting...looks like beyond the color issue I have, I could save money (this is a new thought!!), stick with my CB and remain happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I didn't get to vote!

Hello, there is a BigKick too! I have the BigKick, CuttleBug and a SideKick and I use all 3 depends on what mood I'm in or how much I am doing.

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

There is no choice for the BIGkick on this poll. I have a BIGkick, Cricut and Cuttlebug. I don't give a hoot what color any of these machines are. I go for function of my craft tools. The color has no effect on that. The BIGkick and BigShot are much sturdier machines also.

Also this poll does not include the function of die cutting other than in relation to Nestabilities.

I use my BIGkick for die cutting and embossing (including Nestabilities). I have many, many Sizzix dies, embossing folders, Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders and brass stencils. All of which I use.

I prefer the BIGkick as it's much more stable and a sturdier machine. Also fits anything without doing any kind of modifications.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Well said Patti!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
There is no choice for the BIGkick on this poll. I have a BIGkick, Cricut and Cuttlebug. I don't give a hoot what color any of these machines are. I go for function of my craft tools. The color has no effect on that. The BIGkick and BigShot are much sturdier machines also.

Also this poll does not include the function of die cutting other than in relation to Nestabilities.

I use my BIGkick for die cutting and embossing (including Nestabilities). I have many, many Sizzix dies, embossing folders, Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders and brass stencils. All of which I use.

I prefer the BIGkick as it's much more stable and a sturdier machine. Also fits anything without doing any kind of modifications.

Patti
I'm sorry!! I was only comparing the Big Shot to the CB because of size, cost and functionality since it is offered by SU and I might be convinced to buy it.

I also only use nestabilities, no other dies...so I didn't do an all-inclusive poll.

I had noticed a few other threads discussing the Big Shot in comparison to the Cuttlebug and thought this would help to put some numbers to it! You are right though, it leaves out those who use a lot of dies. I just didn't think of that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I can't vote because I don't have either. I have an old ZipEMate by Accucut, and it works just like the other ones. But if I was going to choose between the Cuttlebug and the BigShot, I'd choose the Big Shot only because as one other poster mentioned, it would do everything without modifications.

I just saw an ad for an electronic Big Shot. You just push the button and it feeds the plates through. You don't have to crank. I would probably get the regular crank one so I don't have to worry about the electronics not functioning. But I can see how that would be nice for people with arthritis or some such.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Couldn't vote because I have a BigKick - love it and use it for Cuttlebug, Nesties and Sizzix dies and folders. Don't want to change - love it!!
Reply With Quote Likes