Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Update on Oh My Crafts (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/update-oh-my-crafts-375273/)

KY Southern Belle 08-20-2008 11:21 AM

Update on Oh My Crafts

I wanted to advise those of you who are still waiting for your products that you ordered at least 2 months ago and paid through PayPal won't have any luck getting your funds back because it's been over 45 days. However, I did speak with my attorney about this - yes, I'm that pissed off about them lying to me - and OMC is breaking numerous federal laws in place to protect consumers by charging them before shipment is made. Namely the Fair Credit Billing Act and Electronic Fund Transfer Act. I'm mad enough to file a complaint against them with the FTC and I can only imagine what kind of can of worms that would open up. They'd be put of out business because of the fines alone. I have written them that in no uncertain terms I would like my products or a refund. I'll get a folder here and there but am owed at least half of my order still that I placed on June 11. This one idiot there told me that they show it a package was delivered to me. I never received it and she kept insisting that I send it back for a refund. HELLO??!! I can't return something I never received.

Anyhow, I will never do business with them again and while some of you may have not had any problems, I think that there's enough of us on here who have and you might want to rethink your next purchase with them.

chinagrrl 08-20-2008 11:48 AM

if you paid via paypal but used a credit card, can you contact your CC company and do a chargeback? :confused:

anyway, thanks for starting this thread. i had (have?) a problem with them, too. i placed an order in april, and didn't receive all the items i ordered. there was a note included, apologizing that the missing items weren't in stock and that they would ship those to me when they got them in. well, a few weeks ago, i realized that they never did send me those items! i sent them email, but i didn't get a response back after a week. i tried calling them, but i got a message saying the answering machine was full. :-| i sent them another email and i got a response back that they would be refunding me the money. whether they really will, or were just saying that to "shut me up", remains to be seen. :x

loramarie03 08-20-2008 11:49 AM

Are you sure they haven't outsourced their customer service to a non-English speaking country? :rolleyes: Because that's what it sounds like.

How frustrating. I'm sorry you've had this experience. I think you should report them to the FTC... This is ridiculous, there are tons of other people on SCS who have had a horrible experience, too. That's why the FTC is there, and I don't think you should feel bad about reporting them. And, I think the negative word-of-mouth is going to catch up to them and hurt the business anyways...

LuvCrft 08-20-2008 11:59 AM

I actually ordered something from this company last month and I got it. I think it was a hard to find item (in stock). I ordered the "Swiss Dot" Cuttlebug embossing folder from them, and I got it. I didn't call or anything. I got it through the mail in a timely matter. I actually do not have any problems with this company. I'm sorry that you are having problems with them. I hope it'll all worked out.

MaryP1197 08-20-2008 04:56 PM

I just got my order two days ago so there's hope for everyone. My original order was placed on May 31st.

greetingsbydebra 08-21-2008 04:54 AM

I think you should tell them they have x number of days to send your purchase or you will file a complaint with the FTC. They really need to get their act together.

glitterbabe 08-21-2008 05:16 AM

I placed an order with them on their new website (for a 10% discount) and got the order in less than a week! However, I did place an order at the end of May and have never received it, nor did they respond to my email on where it is/was. But when I placed the order on the new website, I got it and no my CC was not charged for the May order.

But, if I were as upset as you, I would definitely file a complaint!

Stef H

brightrachel1008 08-21-2008 06:29 AM

i ordered cricut design studio and a cricut spatula from them. i got my order, but at first i didn't know what was going on because they didn't even send me a confirmation email, nor did they send me a shipping notice. i was beginning to get worried... when it finally arrived.