Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you use your unmounted with your kids?
Yes, I have no problem using unmounted with my kids. 11 64.71%
No, they don't use my UM; wooden only or don't stamp 0 0%
I don't have kids/not an issue 4 23.53%
I never thought of it and not sure if it will be an issue 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2006, 06:29 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Unmounted with your kids??

With what seems like a big surge in unmounting everyone's stamps I feel compelled to ask if any of you stamp with your kids. I couldn't do it because of many reasons -- hard to keep track of, them not knowing what images were what, etc. Mainly the dropping of some of them on the floor and worrying about the 2 year old walking off or eating them was a thing.

I stamp with my DD and at some point I will do what I did when she was little and set my DS up with his stamps also with the wood mounted ones that have the pictures on top. Easy to see and DD loves to stamp with me, we have her own collection also from the $1 bins that she has picked out also as well as quite a few SU and other sets of her own.

So the unmounted -- for yourselves only or with your kids?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I only have a few unmounted, so I didn't vote. Some of my kids stamp with me; some don't. I wouldn't let any of them under about 8 use unmounted stamps. Not necessarily a safety issue for me--just a matter of my investment in my stamps.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

My 6 year old does great with the unmounted stamps...she knows how to attach them to the acrylic blocks, how to clean them and how to put them away. She is great about checking to see which way the image is going so that she stamps in the image correctly. I taught her to ink her stamps by putting the stamps on the table rubber side up and then using the ink pad to tap the ink on to the image. Very successful!!

My almost four-year-old daughter lacks patience, so it is wood mounted only for her, and I have to clean them. Needless to say I try to keep her busy with the $1 stamps or foam stamps only.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

No problem at all!

I stamp with my 7 year old niece (she has some learning disabilities) and she does fine with both. In fact, I can see she does better with the un-mounted stamps as she can see better, where she is placing them.

Sometimes she has to try more than one one block to get the right size, but this is how she learns!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 07-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

My 3 year old son loves to stamp with his mommy. It's too cute. He's always talking about wanting to "stamps" (he can't say stamping) and and how he likes it.

I only let him use light colors (like yellow or any of the soft subtles) and only one color at a time, so I don't have to worry too much about clean up or him running my ink spots. However, sometimes he thinks he's inking up the stamp when in reality he's cleaning it on the scrubber.

I don't have a problem with him stamping with my unmounted stamps or wood mounted. He's very good about putting the my CTMH stamps back on the plastic sheet after using them.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

My children use the UMs without a problem but if I had thought about this before I started ripping the rubber off, I probably wouldn't have unmounted the stamps that my children like using (animal stamps, etc.), only because it's nice to have the picture there.

Cheers,
Angela