Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unmounted stamp storage - help....

OK - so slowly I have been aquiring some UM stamps here and there...some reside in CD cases in which they came and others are sort of scattered around...

I don't like the CD way very much and I have spent the better part of the last hour searching for something that suits my needs...

I need something somewhat covered and contained - I like the 3 monkey system - only problem is I can totally see it tipping over in my mini craft space and the inserts go flying - also without a top I can't really "store" it away when I need to.

I have found a bunch of systems that use a binder BUT there is no cover...an no offense i have had the most god-awful time trying to get some of my acrylic stamps to even stick on the darn CD cases (that goes for cheapie and my $$$ ones) without popping off...

So this is what I am thinking and I am wondering if anyone has tried this...

Cut a piece of cardstock down to size to fit in a page protector with a little room on all sides - laminate it and stick your stamps on that and slip it in the protector???? and then into a 3 ring binder...I am thinking of maybe the half size binder (8.5x 5.5)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I have seen someone else do that on here...I don't remember who but it worked for her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenmouerView Post
OK - so slowly I have been aquiring some UM stamps here and there...some reside in CD cases in which they came and others are sort of scattered around...

I don't like the CD way very much and I have spent the better part of the last hour searching for something that suits my needs...

I need something somewhat covered and contained - I like the 3 monkey system - only problem is I can totally see it tipping over in my mini craft space and the inserts go flying - also without a top I can't really "store" it away when I need to.

I have found a bunch of systems that use a binder BUT there is no cover...an no offense i have had the most god-awful time trying to get some of my acrylic stamps to even stick on the darn CD cases (that goes for cheapie and my $$$ ones) without popping off...

So this is what I am thinking and I am wondering if anyone has tried this...

Cut a piece of cardstock down to size to fit in a page protector with a little room on all sides - laminate it and stick your stamps on that and slip it in the protector???? and then into a 3 ring binder...I am thinking of maybe the half size binder (8.5x 5.5)

OK.. .Here is what I did and I am really liking it. (Still a work in progress too..) I cut card stock (Actually big posterboard from walmart which was 11x14... I get 4 sheets out of it) down to 5x7. I bought a laminator from Walmart for less than 25.00.... I bought the 5x7 laminator pouches. I stamped all the images on the 5x7 sheet. Printed a label (filing label) out with the stampset name and number of stamps in set and the company. Then I put that on the 5x7 sheet. I then laminated it and stuck the stamps on the back. No problem with them falling off. I also did this for my clear stamps. I just put the acetate sheet over the stamps on the back so they wouldnt stick to the next sheet. Works like a charm.

I have them in photo box's. If you want the lid to go on just make the sheets 4 x 7 or 4 1/2 x 7 or so.

I made index dividers by laminating a 5x7 sheet of card stock. And again from walmart I was able to find tab dividers that stick on... and adhered that to the 5x7 laminated sheet and voila a divider tab. I decided to go with A-z tabs and then alphabets and backgrounds. I figured most sets have a name and I can find them pretty easy there.

I am also in the process of indexing and I plan to put on the index sheet the divider they are behind such as A etc.

I have added a couple of pics. I hope this helps.

Jaunice Minor
Utah
Attached Thumbnails
Unmounted stamp storage - help....-100_1190.jpg   Unmounted stamp storage - help....-100_1189.jpg   Unmounted stamp storage - help....-100_1188.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 02:25 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I use Chipboard with acetate over it for Clear acrylic stamps cut in 5 x 7 pieces and stored in a tupperware container. You don't want to do this with ez mount it causes a reaction and will rip apart your ez mount. I use Stamp and Go binder sheets in binders for my ez mount one's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Are the UMs all vinyl cling or rubber too? The rubber, especially with something like EZMount, would be pretty heavy, especially if you planned to store these in a notebook. People complain about the weight of flipping through such a notebook.

For clear clings, I use notebooks and sleeve protectors, but just label and store the entire packaging inside a sleeve. Each sleeve has only stamps from one stamp company; so many sleeves hold two sets from a company. Images are also stamped in a subject catalog; so I don't have to look through the cling notebook until I know specifically which page and stamp I want. I don't like any system that requires you to fish through stamps, mounted or unmounted, to decide what to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2008, 06:06 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I use something very similar to Jaunice Minor in one of the above posts. I DO keep my SU and TAC sets in CD cases, but I have some unmounteds from other companies that are too big to keep in either CD or DVD cases. So I bought some 5x7 chipboard from this site: http://www.ckresale.com/ and just stamped the images onto the chipboard and then covered with packing tape. Simple and cheap! The chipboard is very sturdy and doesn't buckle with the weight of the stamps. I write the name of the company on the back of the chipboard. Then I store them all in a covered box that I got from Office Deport for $5. The lid is domed, so that when I finally get around to making page dividers, there is enough room for tabs at the top. Also, the lid locks down, so no chance of the whole thing turning over and the lid coming off. I mount my stamps on EZMount, and they stick great to the packing tape. I don't worry about loose stamps. I'll attach a couple of pictures to give you a better idea.

HTH,
Connie
Attached Thumbnails
Unmounted stamp storage - help....-img_8802.jpg   Unmounted stamp storage - help....-img_8806.jpg   Unmounted stamp storage - help....-img_8809.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have personally been using the Store More Stamps system since February. I absolutely *LOVE* it. I keep my stamps divided by line in the boxes...The sheets are 8x8 and I can get 1 really big set on one sheet or 2 medium size sets per sheet. The storage box holds 9 full sheets (deeply etched, foam cling mount rubber - you could do more with acrylics). LOVE IT!

Here's what the SCS Product Review team says about it, including pictures:
Sponsor Companies Little Monkeys Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes