Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Default Unmounted CD system questions

I am unmounting my stamps after making the decision earlier this week. I am making great progress since my order of Vinyl Cling and EZ Mount arrived. I got a tip here to, in addition to removing the center piece of the CD, pop out those 1/2 dots in the front edges. Now I am wondering how you make labels for the spines of the cases that are not a whole lot of work. Also, how are you organizing? Alphabetically? By theme? What about your background stamps that don't fit in the CD cases? Also, what do you use to keep your acrylic blocks clean?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:40 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh my...alright....

I use a label maker to label the spines of mine. Or you could print out a list of all your stamp sets on a self adhesiva label and just cut the names apart.

I organize my stamps by company, actually....I have a stack of SU and a stack of TAC and then other individual stamps. I still have my background stamps on wood mounts.

As for keeping the blocks clean...if they get ink or something on them, I just wipe them off with a paper towel!
Faerey Blog
Old 08-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

I just use blank address labels that I have laying around the house, and cut them into quarters. I label them by company (so far just TAC for me), set name, and then if I had to divide the set it will say -sentiments (1 of 2) or -images (2 of 2)

Then they go alphabetical first by company, then by set name.

Because I remember more or less what I got from SU and what I have from TAC, I like to keep them seperate- it makes them easier for me to look for them. (I totally use them together though)
Old 08-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

LABEL- I reuse the label from the SU case- peel it off, and use a little glue to restick it onto the CD case.
ORGANIZING- I have my stamps in the case by the set, and the cd's arranged by theme in drawers. I pull out any sentiments, or Christmas and store those separately in thier own cases. (I do make a note to myself to keep in the case of which set they belong to). I have a 3ring binder that has all my stamps in it, which is what I use to browse instead of looking through the drawers.
SIZES- The ones that dont fit in the CD case, I use the extra SU cases. Foam stamps go in the old SU cases too, by theme.
CLEAN BlOCKS- I use a babywipe
Old 08-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

Thanks for all the help. I am SO excited about doing this. I just love the space I have and the neat look of the organization.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Default Labeling CD spines

I use a CD insert template I downloaded from Avery.com. I use my computer to print the name and catalog # on the spine. I print it out on walmart GP white cardstock and cut to fit the CD. I either scan and print the image of the stamp set (before I print it) or stamp the images on the cover (after I print and cut it out) then insert into the CD case. I get 2 CD insert covers per sheet.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:54 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Anniart-where did you order your vinyl cling and ez mount from?
I want to do the same thing you are doing-unmounting my wood block stamps and using acrylic blocks.
thanks so much!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I did mine earlier this year and got all my supplies (cling and EZ mount) from www.wilde-ideas.com. Also cornish heritage has the stuff too I believe. I cut up address labels and used those on the spine. For example a label may say: Winter/Snowmen or Flowers/Best Blossoms or Animals/Wild/Tigers or Animals/Farm/Horses. Good luck. It is a huge job but oh, so worth it. My stamping improved as a result of being more organized and less time cleaning up and putting wood mounts in drawers. The space is just heaven.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:13 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

Thanks for all the wonderful help!

Got my Graffix Cling at Michaels and found EZ Mount on ebay. I am over 2/3 of the way done. I expect to finish today, if my hands hold up. I have one doozy of a blister on my finger!