Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Twin Cities, MN - your favorite stamping stores! *merged* (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/twin-cities-mn-your-favorite-stamping-stores-%2Amerged%2A-253819/)

Jan Cramer 12-06-2004 06:40 AM

Twin Cities, MN - your favorite stamping stores! *merged*

Is there someone out there who can help me? I would like to know if there are any scrapbooking and/or stamping stores in Minneapolis that are a must see. I will be there Wed. and Thurs. Addresses would be appriciated if possible. I will probably have to take a cab to get there. Thanks!

Jan

HOCKEY FAN 12-06-2004 07:58 AM

scrapbook stores in MN

I can recommend some stores for you:

Memory Mania 1825 Radio Drive Woodbury, MN 55125

Scrapbooks Too 10518 France Ave S Bloomington, MN 55431

Creative You 9586 Noble Parkway N Brooklyn Park, MN

Have fun!

lzappa 12-06-2004 08:16 AM

If you're going to the Mall of America, theres an AWESOME store called "ARCHIVERS".

2501 Killebrew Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55420 (952) 858-8292

AZMommy 12-06-2004 08:23 AM

Ditto on Archivers.....I moved from the Twin Cities last year and was really sad to leave that store! Then they were nice enough to build one in Madison (about 20 min from me) last fall :)

I think there's 4 or 5 locations around the Cities - check out www.archiversonline.com to get details.

One thing I really loved about them is that almost all of their classes are free. They also have a great diecutting area for your use. You do need to purchase their paper - but then you can go diecut to your heart's content.

Have fun!
-Tracy

winniethepoodle 12-06-2004 08:24 AM

Stores in Mpls

Maple Grove (NW of mpls) - Archivers, JoAnns, and Michaels

Osseo - near Maple Grove - Stampin Mad

Champlin - Near osseo. Stampin Up garage sale at my house Saturday morning but I will let you in early if you want to come wednesday or thursday night.

[email protected]

MaKramit 12-06-2004 08:26 AM

Apple Valley also has a site, Archivers, and Scrapbooks 2 is in Eagan.

Have a great time while you are here.

tashast 12-06-2004 08:30 AM

Hi,
Depending on where about's you are in the Twin Cities, there are quite a few Archivers in the area. You can find the one closest to where you are going to be by going to www.archiversonline.com.

Also, Binding Memories in Har Mar Mall is a fun place. The mall is more of a strip mall and it is located on Snelling Ave in Roseville. Just off of Hwy 36 & Snelling Ave. 651-697-0096.

Pretty in Ink in Blaine is good. 1425 129th Ave NE 763-755-9544

Pretty Paper has lots of paper ideas 1550 91st Ave NE 612-722-7800

I think there is another store in the Mall of America called Stamp Away. I'm not sure if it's still there or not but here is a # 952-853-0909

Have fun on your visit!!

Jan Cramer 12-06-2004 02:04 PM

Wow! You ladies are awesome! I don't think I'll have time to check all these out but I know I can get to some of them. I knew I could get some great info here. Thanks to you all! :D

Jan

baronsmom 12-06-2004 02:10 PM

If you get as far north as Blaine, you gotta check out Pretty In Ink! It's my favorite! Do you want to get together at all? PM me if so!

thebota 06-16-2006 12:39 PM

Minneapolis/St. Paul stores

I am going to be in this area the second weekend of July for 4 days and am wondering if there are any "gotta see" stamping or scrapping stores. Will Archivers be worth the trip? I believe there is one there and I have never been to one. Your comments are much appreciated.
Beth

Onita76 06-16-2006 12:47 PM

I think Archivers is well worth the trip! There is one in the Mall of America so if you are planning on going there anyway just head up to the 3rd level to check it out. :) There are a couple others in the Minneapolis area as well. Just my 2 cents ;)

tashast 06-16-2006 12:53 PM

Depending on what you are looking for, there are a bunch of good places.

If you need bulk paper, Anchor Paper is a good one. They sell their paper & envelopes by the lb.

There is a place in White Bear Lake called "The Gathering". They have a ton of Lasting Impressions brass templates, if that is your thing. They also have lots of stamps & paper. I also like their other stuff. Kinda cool store - they have knick knacky stuff.

There is also a sticker/paper place in Har Mar Mall. I can't think of the name ot it off the top of my head. But, they have so much stuff in there, I can never get through it all. They have paper, stickers, accessories & stamps.

Naturally, there is Archivers. And if you check their website, you might be able to take a class while you are there.

HTH - if I think of more, I'll let you know.
Tasha

HOCKEY FAN 06-16-2006 12:58 PM

There is a great store in Woodbury called Memory Mania. They have scrapbooking and stamping stuff - it is a great store! There is also an Archivers in Woodbury. But to be honest, I find more stuff I want at Memory Mania.

Dotty 06-16-2006 02:12 PM

The store in the Har Mar Mall (city of Roseville) is called Binding Memories, they have heaps of stuff. If you are going to the Mall of America - Archiver's is definately worth the stop. Not far from the MOA, is a store call Scrapbooks Too. In Minneapolis, and surrounding suburbs there is: Paper Depot, Pretty in Ink, Pretty Paper, Anchor Paper (3 different locations), Gallery 3 Stamp Inn, We're Stampin' Mad, Smudges, Artsy Tartsy, and of course Joann's and Michael's. If I think of any more I will post again. hth and have a great time!!

Snellybelle 06-16-2006 02:47 PM

Some of my favorites.....

Scrapbook Shop...excellent!!!
617 Snelling Ave S
St Paul, MN
651) 698-7979

The Gathering
2164 3rd St
White Bear Lake, MN
(651) 426-8878

Anchor Paper Express -
NE - 1104 New Brighton Blvd,
Minneapolis, 55413 -
(612) 378-7541

Pretty in Ink
1425 129th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN
(763) 755-9544

We're Stampin' Mad
308 5th Ave SE
Osseo, MN
763) 425-5080

Babsnelson 06-16-2006 03:24 PM

I have to second (or third!) stopping by Pretty in Ink in Blaine, MN (northwestern suburb of Minneapolis). It's a great store for stamping and scrapping. And Archivers is a must see if your in the area....there are several around the area. Check out their website for locations, but the Mall of America store is the largest. And it gives you a great reason to go to MOA! Have fun!

thebota 06-16-2006 06:05 PM

WOW! Thanks to all of you who replied. I am going to check out what I can on the web and come up with a plan. Thanks again.
Beth

HeartfeltGreetings 02-19-2007 04:36 PM

St. Paul, MN Stamp Stores?

My friend and I want to take a little road trip tomorrow to buy some stamps (yippee!), but we don't know St. Paul very well. Are there any good stores in the St. Paul area? We've been to Memory Mania in Woodbury, but we'd kinda like to try something new. If any Minnesotans are on the forum, can you help me out? Thanks!

Amy

Rhodiangirl 02-19-2007 05:03 PM

Hi,

I just moved from St. Paul, MN to Rhode Island in July. One of my favorite places is the Scrapbook Shop on Snelling Avenue. The gals are nice and they have a great selection of papers and accessories, but not a TON of stamps. Another great spot is Anchor Paper in Minneapolis (only about 10 minutes from the Scrapbook Shop). If you go to the SS shop, tell them that I say hi and make sure to look for my friend, Nell's, wedding window frame. We took the class there and they kept hers as display.

Tina

theorganizer 02-19-2007 07:55 PM

Hi,

I live in St. Paul also. There are the following places:

Doctor Scrapbook in S. St. Paul - website
We're Stampin Mad in Osseo
Pretty in Ink in Blaine
The Gathering in White Bear Lake
Paper Depot - Downtown Minneapolis

There are stamp stores in Chanhassen, Eagan, France Ave. (Bloomington).

If you do a search on rubber stamps on Dexonline.com you will get the names of all the places.

Leah

theorganizer 02-19-2007 07:58 PM

Hey,

I am stamping mom of Kelly Carr. You were the great wedding coordinator. Rhode Island?

Leah

maryjo2 02-19-2007 09:14 PM

There is Binding Memories in Har Mar Mall, just off of highway 36 and Snelling. Also Archiver's in Roseville.

palval77 02-20-2007 03:50 AM

Pretty in Ink closed in Dec I believe. But I would do the Gathering in WBL and Binding Memories in Har Mar Mall in Roseville.

Jean Sundquist 02-23-2007 06:55 PM

There is also Scrapbooks Too in Bloomington (great store...few stamps but lots of other stuff), and in Chanhassen there is a stamp store called Smudges (its straight west on Hwy 494 to Hwy 5 into Chanhassen).

daizelsgrandma 02-23-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palval77
Pretty in Ink closed in Dec I believe. But I would do the Gathering in WBL and Binding Memories in Har Mar Mall in Roseville.

I think Pretty in Ink is still open but Pretty Paper in Blaine closed in December - similar names, different stores, just a few miles apart.

Nancy

NicholeC 06-01-2007 09:08 AM

Twin Cities, MN - Tell me about your favorite stamping stores!

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, so feel free to move it.

I'm a MN native, but relocated to Vermont about 18 months ago. Unfortunately, Vermont doesn't have much for stamping supplies/stores - the nearest (teeny-tiny) Michael's is 50 miles away and I have only found ONE LSS (also 50 miles away). It took months to find a SU demo who would actually return my emails.

Anyway, I'm going to be in the Cities on business in a couple weeks and need to stock up!! Anchor Paper is the first stop on my list, followed by JoAnn's, Michael's and Archiver's. But, I'm interested in hearing about any LSS's that I should hit. I'm staying with family up in Blaine, but have meetings in DT St. Paul, DT Mpls and Minnetonka, so there's not much that will be too far out of my way!

Any suggestions (and some rough directions) would be most appreciated! TIA

cakingmn 06-01-2007 09:19 AM

hello,
There is a store on France and old shakopee road---called Scrapbooks Too. They are in a little strip mall behind Cub foods. so if you are coming down on France, turn right at the first driveway, and they are at the end. Cub foods, is the next drive way. She has lots of papers, hero art stamps, clear stamps, etc. address is 10518 France Ave S, bloomington. Sue is the owner--telephone #952-884-0885

then there is Dr. Scrapbook in south St. Paul. Judy is the owner. Lots of stamps, and clear ones. unmounted/so you'll need to by the back to use on the clear blocks. Her # is 651-554-0355

Thanks,
Caroline
Minnetonka, MN

Babsnelson 06-01-2007 09:23 AM

I just saw that Creative You in Brooklyn Park is mentioned in the post this was merged with. I just want to warn everyone that the store has closed. Pity too because they had lots of cool stuff.

NicholeC 06-01-2007 09:24 AM

Thanks! I totally forgot about Scrapbooks Too - I used to live in East Bloomington before we moved, so I know exactly where it is. :)

daizelsgrandma 06-01-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babsnelson (Post 5982791)
I just saw that Creative You in Brooklyn Park is mentioned in the post this was merged with. I just want to warn everyone that the store has closed. Pity too because they had lots of cool stuff.

Creative You reopened in a new location under new owners. It is not located just off 694 & 169, here is the link to their website - http://creativeyou.com/

Pretty In Ink is still in Blaine just off Highway 65, here is their link - http://prettyinink.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

There is a wonderful store in Forest Lake called Memories & More that is wonderful and the owner is great to work with, here is her link - http://prettyinink.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Happy shopping!

Nancy

bluesh4rk 06-01-2007 10:29 AM

My ABSOLUTE favorite LSS is Doctor Scrapbook (has been mentioned a few times in this thread). You can find their website at http://www.doctorscrapbook.com/

And they now carry bellas! :D Judy is the manager, not the owner btw.

3 Little Love Bugs 06-01-2007 11:09 AM

I agree, Dr Scrapbook is the best! Judy is wonderful, as is the owner, Jody. I didn't know that they now carry Bellas (see what happens when two weeks go by?) so I guess I know where I'll be this weekend!

Babsnelson 06-01-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizelsgrandma (Post 5983067)
Creative You reopened in a new location under new owners. It is not located just off 694 & 169, here is the link to their website - http://creativeyou.com/

Thanks Nancy - I had no idea!!! I know where I'm going this weekend!!

Babsnelson 06-01-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rk (Post 5983553)
My ABSOLUTE favorite LSS is Doctor Scrapbook (has been mentioned a few times in this thread). You can find their website at http://www.doctorscrapbook.com/

And they now carry bellas! :D Judy is the manager, not the owner btw.

They carry Bellas!!!! I am so there...much as I love ordering from Em, I hate to wait for shipping!!!!!

bluesh4rk 06-05-2007 10:17 AM

I'm actually the one that suggested that Dr Scrapbook carry the bellas. LOL! :D

hasteen 06-05-2007 11:06 AM

Artsy Tartsy in Plymouth can be fun as well. They are on 55 about 1.5 miles west of 494.