Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Trying to remember an old Scrapbooking Company (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/trying-remember-old-scrapbooking-company-617432/)

Yapha 04-17-2017 07:03 PM

Trying to remember an old Scrapbooking Company

I'm trying to remember the name of an old scrapbooking direct sales company that I was with around 2000, maybe 2002. It went out of business shortly after that. It had really bright vibrant colors and kits of scrapbook supplies. I think it was called something like Sweet & Sassy? Does this ring a bell?

Thanks for your help!
Yapha

Ellibelle 04-19-2017 05:39 PM

Was it Creative Memories? They went out of business some time ago, but maybe they are back now? https://www.creativememories.com/

Yapha 04-19-2017 06:26 PM

No, it was something that was only around for a couple years. Not as established as Creative Memories. But thanks for trying!!

Ellibelle 04-20-2017 05:14 AM

Sorry I couldn't help, I am not familiar with any other direct sales scrapbooking companies. Did you ask in the Scrapbooking part of this forum? Maybe someone there will be able to help.

UnderstandBlue 04-20-2017 05:33 AM

Now I'm curious!

bjeans 04-20-2017 06:05 AM

It wasn't Simple Scrapbooks, was it? They're from a little later...
lot of simple scrapbooks magazines

Yapha 04-20-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeans (Post 21455064)
It wasn't Simple Scrapbooks, was it? They're from a little later...
lot of simple scrapbooks magazines

No, though I did subscribe to that for a few years. It was definitely a direct sales company. It went out of business pretty quickly.

meowmeow 04-20-2017 08:30 AM

Was it Ahni & Zoe?

Boss 04-20-2017 08:39 AM

The only direct sales company that I remember from that era that has since gone out if business is D.O.T.S. I never bought from them when they were open, but I did acquire sets later at yard sales, etc. If I rcall correctly, DOTS was bought out by Creative Memories...not much help, but digging through nearly 2 decades of stamping memories takes time!!! :D

Yapha 04-20-2017 08:44 AM

Not Ahni & Zoe. This was before my daughter was born in 2003.

The colors were really bright, the dsp was glossy, and I think it came in kits.

Catherine773 04-20-2017 08:48 AM

Could it have been Ippity Stamps? Unity Stamps did an off shoot and made a direct sales company several years ago called Ippity Stamps. It was the same as SU - except you had to buy in multiples to stash on hand to sell. (Which failed shortly after being created.... they had cute products though!)

Yapha 04-20-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773 (Post 21455132)
Could it have been Ippity Stamps? Unity Stamps did an off shoot and made a direct sales company several years ago called Ippity Stamps. It was the same as SU - except you had to buy in multiples to stash on hand to sell. (Which failed shortly after being created.... they had cute products though!)

No, it was scrapbooking, not stamping. I wasn't in to stamping then -- it was before I was introduced to Stampin' Up.

db2002wall 04-20-2017 12:31 PM

There was one called MemoryWorks

Scrapjanny 04-20-2017 12:41 PM

I was thinking of Memory Works too. Simple Stories started out as a direct sales company. I think D.O.T.S. became Close to My Heart.

Jana 25 04-20-2017 04:01 PM

I am wondering as well. The following are names I found searching for an answer.

The Angel Company (mainly stamping but had scrapbooking supplies also)
Once Upon a Family
My Creative Life
I remember when ....

The Angel Company is the only one I purchased from in Florida around 2003.
Hopefully one of these will help!

SkyNacho 04-20-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss (Post 21455124)
The only direct sales company that I remember from that era that has since gone out if business is D.O.T.S. I never bought from them when they were open, but I did acquire sets later at yard sales, etc. If I rcall correctly, DOTS was bought out by Creative Memories...not much help, but digging through nearly 2 decades of stamping memories takes time!!! :D

DOTS was the original name of Close to My Heart. The name changed in June 2000.

Boss 04-20-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 21455338)
DOTS was the original name of Close to My Heart. The name changed in June 2000.

Thanks for the reminder! I always get CTMH and Creative Memories jumbled. I had an acquaintance who was a demo for both my them (not at same time), and I bought some things from her whenever she came by with a catalog or sample. 😁

Yapha 04-20-2017 06:50 PM

None of these sound right. Thanks for all of your help. I think I'm going to have deep down into the scary boxes of really old scrapbooking supplies. I will try to do that over the weekend and report back.

SkyNacho 04-20-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yapha (Post 21455408)
None of these sound right. Thanks for all of your help. I think I'm going to have deep down into the scary boxes of really old scrapbooking supplies. I will try to do that over the weekend and report back.

You don't happen to have your tax returns from back then, do you? If were selling and made some income, might you have gotten a W2 or other statement that would be filed away?

Yapha 04-20-2017 07:22 PM

That is a really good idea, but no.

And I also looked through my Saved Mail back to 1998 and didn't find anything.

lutheran 04-21-2017 03:09 AM

The only one I can think of is Autumn Leaves, they sold a few of their own products plus lines from several different scrapbook companies. I wish I had saved from of my scrapbook magazines from that time, I could help more with this search.
Mary Beth

TeeGeeDee 04-21-2017 06:55 AM

I have no idea but love a challenge. I'm hoping the answer is one of the companies listed in the article linked below:

https://www.families.com/blog/scrapb...ales-companies

Jana 25 04-21-2017 08:00 AM

Just an idea! If you still have any product from the company you might try the Googles app. If it recognizes it, it will give you the name in the description. It is a long shot but maybe...........

Yapha 04-21-2017 08:56 AM

I found it!!! I went back through all of the messages of an old Yahoo group I was part of -- It was called Scrap in a Snap!!

Scrap in a Snap is out of business... - WAHM.com Boards

Thank you all for pushing me to dig harder!

PinkKitty 04-30-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss (Post 21455124)

DOTS became CTMH