Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   trying to identify these word dies (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/trying-identify-these-word-dies-630707/)

Shartl 09-22-2019 08:18 PM

trying to identify these word dies

I have what looks like the bottom layer of two different word dies, but can't figure out what they go to. One appears to be for the word "everything", in a curved shape, and the other one is stitched with the word Happy &. I can't figure out what the last part of the stitched die says. Anyway, I think they may be dies for stamped sentiments and and am hoping that someone recognizes one or both of them.
They were in a blog prize that I got but the sender doesn't recognize them or know where they came from either. I wish I could figure out what the word after the "&" sign says on the stitched one. Then I could at least do a google search.

Anyone have any idea? Thanks!
Shannon

Shartl 09-22-2019 08:32 PM

Eeek, help! I tried to attach an image to this post but all that happened was lines and lines of gibberish and I can't figure out how to edit or delete it! Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Shannon

Shartl 09-22-2019 08:45 PM

So I think I've figured out how to post the die images, but still can't edit my original post.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...553fcaaf95.jpg

dini 09-23-2019 03:08 AM

Looks like Happy Easter and Congratulations to me.

Shartl 09-23-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini (Post 21869074)
Looks like Happy Easter and Congratulations to me.

Oh, I think you're right! That helps, because I had the words all wrong.Thanks also, to whoever helped get rid of all that messy code on my first post.
Shannon

Shartl 09-23-2019 11:29 AM

So now, does anyone recognize what these word dies go to? Manufacturer or set? I still can't figure out if it's the bottom layer to a stamp sentiment or to another die. None of my google searches turn up anything, and the Congratulations die is a generic one so there are hundreds out there! I just may never know, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Shannon

Trulymaterialistic 09-24-2019 08:22 AM

Stitched says happy Easter and the other is congratulations. Hope this helps!

wavejumper 09-24-2019 09:01 AM

Wait a minute! The sender does not know what they sent?? Wow. Now that you know what the words are-try asking again.

I agree with the words and I think they look like shadow dies-meaning that there should be thinner versions that stack on top of them. They don't pair with other things in the prize? That makes no sense to me-that is like sending one shoe to a person. Sometimes a shadow can stand alone but these cant.

I hope you figure it out.

dpippin 09-24-2019 10:16 AM

Could the top one be Happy Easter and the other Congratulations!

Shartl 09-24-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumper (Post 21869515)
Wait a minute! The sender does not know what they sent?? Wow. Now that you know what the words are-try asking again.

I agree with the words and I think they look like shadow dies-meaning that there should be thinner versions that stack on top of them. They don't pair with other things in the prize? That makes no sense to me-that is like sending one shoe to a person. Sometimes a shadow can stand alone but these cant.

I hope you figure it out.

Yes, it's kinda crazy but that's what happened. I'm thinking that those dies got put in the package by mistake, or was left over from something that she got in that same padded envelope! I offered to send them back to her because it isn't any use to me, but she said she doesn't even think she has those dies. So now I'm really puzzled!
Lol at the "one shoe" comparison!

Shannon

howdyheidi 09-24-2019 04:32 PM

I actually got a prize like this once from one of the major stamping companies. It was the die cuts to match a stamp set, but without the stamp set. The stamp set was discontinued. So that die set is of very little use to me!

stampin stacy 09-25-2019 04:35 AM

Now that you know what it is supposed to say I guess you could write the words in...

then again if it were me I probably wouldn't do that because I hate my handwriting.

Old Lady 09-25-2019 10:22 AM

I keep a record of everything I purchase and put the name of who made it in the record also. I then cut a sample die out and put it in a book for quick ideas or reference (very time consuming until I got caught up - now just do all new purchases before I ever use them). I keep the dies on magnetic sheets-and sometimes it is hard to remember what the word die actually says-so I made notes on the back of the magnetic sheets with the actual word. I'm old and I need a lot of help-ha ha!!

muscrat 10-02-2019 02:06 PM

I agree with wavejumper. Looks like the bottom layer of shadow dies. I have a couple sets. The bottom layer is the shadow and the missing dies would have the words written thinner to layer on top.