Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The ALPHAHOLICS 12-Step Program

Okay...caveat here...AA, Al-Anon, Alateen, NA...don't shoot me, 'kay? Just having a little bit of fun here.

The Serenity Prayer

Lord, grant me the serenity of a clean house, much paper, juicy pads, and many stamps; the courage to create whenever an idea strikes, even if it's 4 am; and the wisdom to log on to SCS to CASE when my mind goes blank.

The ALPHAHOLIC'S 12-STEP PROGRAM

1. Admit to ourselves that we love and own many Alphabet sets - and that our stamping and scrapping endeavors are not worth pursuing without them.

2. Come to acknowledge that without Alphabet stamps, our pages are *BORING*!

3. Make a decision to turn all stamping purchases into two categories: Alphabets and Other.

4. Make a searching and fearless inventory of our stamping spaces to determine the breadth of our Alphabet addicitions.

5. Admit to God, to ourselves, and to our fellow stampers and scrappers the exact nature of our use and abuse of our Alphabets.

6. Ask our fellow stampers and scrappers to assist us in our development of techniques, backgrounds, foregrounds, wallpapers, and other media to fully develop our stamping potential and use our Alphabets to their utmost.

7. Ask God (as we understand Him) to remove all other distractions from our lives (except for our familes) so that we may solely focus on our Alphabet and stamping pursuits.

8. Humbly ask others to help remove smudges, creases, smears, and other small defects from our creations.

9. Make a list of all pages and cards we have harmed, and become willing to make amends to them all.

10. Make direct amends to all pages and cards we have harmed, except when to do so would necessitate a trip to through a dumpster or local landfill.

11. Continue to take a personal inventory of all Alphabet stamps and, when duplicates or near-duplicates exist, admit to those immediately.

12. Having had a awakening as a result of these stemps, we carry this message to all ALPHAHOLICS, and practice these principles throughout our stamping and scrapping endeavors.

Written by Kaylyn Butler Conover 07/12/05 - Share Freely but give credit, okay?

I am a *true* ALPHAHOLIC! Wanna know how many I admit to owning? Here is the link to the thread that started it all....

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Vintage Redhead; 07-12-2005 at 04:41 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 12:44 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol!!!!!!!!! ok this is just way funny!! TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kaylyn, How many alphabets do you own?? I only moderately use them. Once or twice a week with other stamps. I try not to use them alone. I do sometimes get urges to buy alphabet stamps that I feel I may not use to their full potential and I always feel compelled to buy the matching number set. Do you think I have the making of an alphaholic?? Is there anything I can do to help from becoming one????

Please help me before it's too late.
alphabetically yours, Brenda

PS: Are you getting the new tag alphabet in the mini?? I think it's kind of cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Since no one has yet said how many alpha sets they own, I will be one of the first....

At last count, lol......I own 6 sets, and 2 sets of numbers. now, that may not be high to others, but I didnt even think about how many I had until this thread!! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I own 2 SU sets, 2 non SU sets, and plan to purchase at least 3, possibly 4 from this catalog. I'm so tired of the ones I have, I may have to try to trade them.

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaylynConover
4. Make a searching and fearless inventory of our stamping spaces to determine the breadth of our Alphabet addicitions.

i have searched and fearlessly inventoried said alphabet sets, and admit that i have an addiction 12 alphabet uppercase sets, 12 lalphabet lowercase sets, 2 double alphabet sets, and 14 sets of numbers. *Hangs head in shame*

BTW, Kaylyn...? You're my hero!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieber
I own 2 SU sets, 2 non SU sets, and plan to purchase at least 3, possibly 4 from this catalog. I'm so tired of the ones I have, I may have to try to trade them.

Julie

before you do think of trading let me know what you have ;) Seriously!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Default Alphaholics Anonymous

Hello. My name is Stacy. I am an alphaholic. I can't resist those ABC's. I have too many sets to count.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by allidee
before you do think of trading let me know what you have ;) Seriously!

I have Alpha Fun upper and Brushstroke. However, I can't place an order from the new catalog until the end of August, so until then, I'll keep using them. But once I have some new sets I'd probably be interested in trading my old ones off.

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Talking

My name is Dina I'm an alphaholic... I currently have 18 SU sets and the matching #'s! I want 6 more from the new catty. Hopefully by coming to this meeting I'll be cured! Na... I don't want to be cured. I just don't want to cut anymore alphas out!!!!!! Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am an alphaholic. I thought your post was funny and I too must join the group....not to be cured, but to find support to continue to add to my collection and use them in interesting and FUN ways! I am proud owner to 8 SU alpha sets, some with numbers. I have my eye on at least three more complete sets (upr.lwr.#) in the new catty....who knows what those mini's will bring!

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=8975
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 06:32 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Hi, I'm Sandie, and I'm and Alphaholic. I have 16 I will fess up to. I didn't count the sets at my sister's house. And I didn't count the foam alphabet either (it doesn't count, does it?) But not to be outdone by Dina, I have 2 more coming in the mail next week.

My addiction to alphabets knows no bounds. I have joined club scrap recently because I just couldn't afford to feed my addiction fully with mounted stamps, so I have begun getting unmounted sheets of them. This did not stop me from ordering the animal alphabet and collage alphabet from stampin up, however. These were unique. One cannot get them anywhere else. One must order the unique.

Oh, and I'm bidding on an alphabet on EBAY as we speak (not SU, not current, completely retired, can't get it anywhere else). Will my sickness eventually abate? Probably not. My sister asked me if I was going to use them enough to make them worth the money. I can honestly say I don't have an alphabet I've used less than 10 times. Many have been used easily twice that much. Some three times (they were my first, such sweet babies).

And don't even think of offering to trade! I'm not parting with a single one! Boy, I'm sick.

Have a very letterific day!
Reply With Quote Likes