Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Top 5 Favorite Ribbon Colors (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/top-5-favorite-ribbon-colors-206246/)

justrosey 12-13-2006 09:02 AM

Top 5 Favorite Ribbon Colors

Hi All! I have been thinking about my SAB order and decided that I need to add some ribbon to my collection. I have black and white grosgrain, but would love to pick out some different colors. What have you found to be best to start out with? Tell me your top five picks. Thanks for all your advice!:-D

propecia 12-13-2006 09:04 AM

Get the dark brown grosgrain!!!

triggirl 12-13-2006 09:09 AM

The burgundy color is awesome too. And I use the mustard and the celery a lot too.

kikikaren 12-13-2006 09:48 AM

I use the burgundy and mellow moss ones (those are the two that I have). I agree with getting the dark brown one too. I also use the in color ones (just got them) and they're great for many projects! It also depends on what you're going to be making over the next couple of months. If you're going to work with more Springy colors, you may want to buy ribbon that matches those.

dmowens 12-13-2006 09:53 AM

I agree with the above posters - the burgundy, moss and dark brown are all great. I also use the Rose and Eggplant quite a bit. Have fun picking out your new colors!!

Joan B 12-13-2006 10:05 AM

No matter how hard I try I find myself using Earth Elements more than any other color. Look at what you gravitate towards and that may help you. You can't go wrong having white organdy around, and I personally love the brown grosgrain, and all the ginghams.

caseyandstephy 12-13-2006 10:09 AM

I have all the colors but here are my top five:

1. Celery
2. Apricot
3. Navy
4. Chocolate
5. Rose

I really like *almost* all of them. But I think those are my most used (excluding black and white).

belindaking 12-13-2006 10:30 AM

The five colors I reach for the most (in no particular order):

Chocolate
Eggplant
Celery
Apricot
Cranberry stitched

ninatar 12-13-2006 10:36 AM

1) Black
2) True (Real) Red
3) Chocolate Chip Brown
4) White (dye it with your reinkers to match!)
---
5) Gold or silver cord

laurakj 12-13-2006 10:39 AM

Here's my favorites!

1. Celery
2. Rose
3. Chocolate
4. Apricot
5. Eggplant

CMCAnne 12-13-2006 11:11 AM

Apricot has to be my top fave, because it's like a neutral "with oomph". The name is really misleading I think.

Taupe and Spring Moss are my other favs, and I just ordered the Chocolate which I think will be a new fav.

Next up on my order wish list are the three In Color stitched ribbons.

lindsidawn 12-13-2006 11:16 AM

I bought all the grossgrain at the same time and am still on my first spools... here are the colors I have used the most of (not inc black & white):
Cream
Burgundy
Taupe
Chocolate
Bluebird

jkstieber 12-13-2006 12:02 PM

I have chocolate, navy (use these two the most), red, and french blue. I have rose on order, should be here any day, and the next colors of grograin I plan to order are eggplant and celery. In fact, the only reason I don't have celery yet is because I'm trying to use some celery ribbon I got at Michael's last year. I think eventually I'll need them all! :-D

I also have all the gingham ribbon, and white organdy. I plan to order the ivory organdy soon.

hoosierstamper 12-13-2006 12:03 PM

In no particular order...

Chocolate Chip
Stitched Cranberry
Celery
Rose
Moss Green

photocropper 12-13-2006 12:08 PM

Think about what your next projects will be and what season is coming up then decide.
If I were ordering now .....since Feb holiday is Valentines and then Spring....
I would get:

chocolate chip (cuz it goes with everything and seems to be in all the new patterned paper)
Rose cuz it is pink and I love all pinks
Celery
Red
and I am not sure what else.....

I would for sure have some wide organdy in white

Laurie FW 12-13-2006 12:19 PM

Besides white and black:
1. red
2. navy
3. rose
4. chocolate chip
5. torquoise

justrosey 12-14-2006 07:54 AM

Thanks everybody. I did not even think about picking the brown or apricot. I think you are all right about thinking on what my next projects will be. Most likely Valentine's and Easter. I mostly do birthday cards. I will probably get three for now and eventually get them all at some point. I was wondering do any of you know if those Snapware ribbon holders can accommodate the SU! grosgrain rolls? I want to have a storage that is closed so the ribbons don't get so dusty, but still easily accessible.
Here's a picture:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/a...0.cm_scid.crtr

justrosey 12-14-2006 07:58 AM

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/a....yah.0011~1330

I hope this one works.

Angela Riddell 12-14-2006 08:57 AM

mellow moss
celery
white
eggplant
all 3 of the inline color stitched ribbons.

ok so thats really more than 5 but hey what can I say. I love ribbon.

fionna51 12-15-2006 07:05 AM

My most used:
Celery
Moss
Black Check
Red Check

awspoede 12-15-2006 07:22 AM

I also use a lot of the narrow white organdy ribbon, and the thicker cream colored organdy. I don't know if you were just looking for grosgrain colors, though. In that case, my faves are choc. chip, taupe, real red, tangerine, and celery.

justrosey 12-15-2006 08:24 AM

I am interested in what everyone finds they like to use the most, so grosgrain, organdy, check (gingham) whatever. I want them all! But I have to pick a few for now, that budget just doesn't see it my way. :rolleyes: Thanks for all your replies so far, it makes me look at the choices a little differently and I am trying to figure out how to use these colors I had not thought of before.

Arlene Bridges 12-15-2006 08:51 AM

I have been collecting all the grossgrain ribbon rolls this fall. I can tell you that my favorite colors are:

1. Chocolate chip
2. Taupe
3. Turquoise
4. Rose
5. Mustard

basurok 12-15-2006 09:01 AM

I like the:

gold/silver cords
Spring Moss Grossgrain
French Blue Grossgrain
Cream Grossgrain
neutral hemp twine

mastamper 12-15-2006 06:56 PM

I couldn't get to your image, but I bought the snapware ribbon holders last year and they are sitting in my closet gathering dust. I probably should put my green and red Christmas wrap ribbons in one. The SU grosgrain spools will not fit in them using the dowel rods. I purchased the SU ribbon holders and they are working fine for me, but my ribbons are partially uncovered.

Ribbons I use:
apricot grosgrain
celery grosgrain
chocolate grosgrain
navy grosgrain
spring moss gingham
caramel gingham (goes with everything!)
black gingham
silver and gold cord
hemp or linen thread (nice rustic look for masculine cards)

And now I see I need to start thinking about Rose grosgrain!

Quote:

Originally Posted by justrosey
Thanks everybody. I did not even think about picking the brown or apricot. I think you are all right about thinking on what my next projects will be. Most likely Valentine's and Easter. I mostly do birthday cards. I will probably get three for now and eventually get them all at some point. I was wondering do any of you know if those Snapware ribbon holders can accommodate the SU! grosgrain rolls? I want to have a storage that is closed so the ribbons don't get so dusty, but still easily accessible.
Here's a picture:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/a...0.cm_scid.crtr

justrosey 12-17-2006 08:10 AM

Thanks for letting me know that the Snapware ribbon holder won't hold the SU! grosgrain ribbons. I will have to look for something else. Well so far from all of your responses, I think I will need to get many of the other types of ribbon too!:D

stampininthesun 12-17-2006 10:38 AM

Pink gingham
Rose grosgrain
Celery grosgrain
Navy grosgrain
Apple green grosgrain
Red grosgrain
Wide whits organdy
These are top choices for me.

wocloo 12-17-2006 10:43 AM

I use my red and black gingham the most, they seem to go with almost everything I make.

flaxychick 12-17-2006 10:46 AM

Chocolate and mellow moss are my 2 favorites.

speale 12-17-2006 11:00 AM

Celery
Chocolate
Spring Moss
Rose
Apricot