Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Too much time on SCS (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/too-much-time-scs-425008/)

jknath 03-10-2009 06:25 PM

Too much time on SCS

Does anyone else spend so much time on SCS that they don't actually get anything done? I got home late from work, ate, hung with the kiddies till bed, ran down to my craft room and then spent an entire hour and a half on SCS and other sites. I didn't accomplish a thing that I had planned. Just wondering if that happens to anyone else or am I just a slacker:twisted:

kaloso05 03-10-2009 06:28 PM

you are singing the story of my life! I think the laundry suffers the most around here!

jackie1 03-10-2009 06:32 PM

You mean that we are suppose to do other things besides sit at the computer and read through SCS. I spend an average of about 3 hrs a day coming to SCS to either read threads, check out the gallery or go through some of the challenges. The computer/craft room is mommies time out room and the kids know that when I am in here that they aren't suppose to bug me for awhile.

Allistamps123 03-10-2009 06:57 PM

Yes, happens ALL the time....Like now, I'm not a night person and it's 10:30 pm (late for me) and I have to be up early (5:00 am) to leave for conference. Normally I don't have to be to work till 8:30 am and I'm in bed about 9:30. But where am I?? In bed, nope!

Wannabestampin' 03-10-2009 07:02 PM

Yes, I spend hours on SCS and my favorite blogs looking for ideas. Well I find tons of ideas but I find never make the time to make them.

stamp luvr 03-10-2009 07:06 PM

I spent the whole day, except for making meals, on here yesterday!! Just didn't feel like doing anything else. I had a sore shoulder and aching wrist from using the mouse all day!! I find it totally captivating and I have learned so much on here.

JenWI409 03-10-2009 07:07 PM

I have to do my other stuff on my checklist before I come here, or it's a vortex. LOL

6Ficks 03-10-2009 07:09 PM

Ditto to all the above. I have my coffee bright and early in the morning on SCS and go to bed each night surfing SCS. Thank goodness for my laptop, I can sneek to somewhere quiet and check out all the latest. I do love the ideas and inspiration that I get here. So glad it is available. I used to spend my time ebaying. This is more enjoyable but not necessarily cheaper. HTH!!!

missinkyfingers 03-10-2009 07:18 PM

Way too much time but I love it here and I'm learning too.........not applying my learning much but I usually do stuff on the wkends anyway.

FiStevens 03-10-2009 07:29 PM

I am sooo glad I am not alone in this. I seem to spend all day looking at what other people create, thinking wow how gorgeous, I should do something same, my New Year Resolution was to join in the challenges, that way I would actually make something - how many have I done - NONE!!!!! I just spend way too much time on there just looking. I wish I had someone to play with then we could actually sit down and make things together, but I don't know anyone else here in Kuala Lumpur that stamps and getting supplies is limted to say the least, I do get my supplies from the US about once or twice a year, so I have lots of stuff, just gotta use it.

Ooops this is way too long winded, just wanted to say thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

Vina82 03-10-2009 07:40 PM

Me too! I spend alot of time on SCS. Usually checking out the gallery for inspiration and the forums. It's a nice little escape from the everyday grind!

beaddict 03-10-2009 07:42 PM

Every day..........if i worked on stamping the same amount of time i spend on scs then i might actually make money off of my hobby/business

sbbolz 03-10-2009 07:45 PM

You aren't the only one! I spend way too much time here!

Ellibelle 03-10-2009 07:47 PM

I too spend too much time in the forums, or gallery or blogging. I do try to make a card every day or two, and I've been good about it so far. My problem is, every time I need to check something on the computer, I end up on SCS. Sometimes it helps to turn the computer off completely and not go near it. :D

lisa foster 03-10-2009 07:48 PM

**Raising my hand** Guilty!

Scamper64 03-10-2009 07:50 PM

My husband has begun laughing at me that I spend more time with people I don't know on SCS than I do with him. (He's, of course, teasing . . . or is he?) The last thing I do before going to bed at night is surf a bit. I consistently surf during the day at work. Yeah, my name is Kim and I'm an SCS Addict. Tomorrow morning DH has to have knee surgery and I'm just glad the hospital has wireless! LOL

Now, to learn some of those techniques you all use . . .

TexasGrammy 03-10-2009 07:57 PM

"Slacker" ??? :shock:

bb&kk 03-10-2009 08:23 PM

We are actually supposed to stamp???? Guilty of loving my time on SCS.

diane speed 03-11-2009 02:35 AM

I used to love eating but now it's a pain having to drag myself away into the kitchen!! I haven't lost any weight though, maybe that's because of all the sitting. ( oh and perhaps the bottle of wine that sits next to the computer)!

StampinMeema 03-11-2009 03:06 AM

I was wondering where everyone found the time to make cards, and now I find I'm not alone in looking more than making.

jknath 03-11-2009 04:23 AM

Great stories! I am so glad to know I am not the only one. I love scs too which is why i spend so much time here. When I go off looking at peoples galleries or blogs ( I too get so much inspiration) I look at the clock and wonder where all the time has gone. Maybe that is part of the fun (and part of the addiction:}), looking at everyones beautiful cards and dreaming about the ones you could make if I only had "time".

prairie mom 03-11-2009 04:33 AM

I have been up since 4am (2.5 hours) and I have been on here the whole time. I am having neck issues so I can't sleep. I made a pot of coffee and here I sit. I still have another hour before I have to wake the kids. I will most likely be here for that hour lol.
So yes, I do spend alot of time here.

Curly Chick 03-11-2009 05:36 AM

Guily as charged. *hangs head in shame*

Pamela

jeannie barron 03-11-2009 05:46 AM

Guily!

DoodleDee 03-11-2009 05:46 AM

I'm Guilty...I have been planning to stamp for the last few days and just have got caught up in every day life or I'm here lol. Tonight I have to bite the bullet and stamp no matter what lol. I have a ton of new stamps that need to be cut and mounted and there just sitting AKKKK lol. I know once I dive into the rubber I will be inspired to make a card.

ckf522 03-11-2009 05:56 AM

Guilty! I have tons of ideas from SCS but instead of putting them to good use I get back on and look for more. In fact I need to get to work on some of those ideas now. Must resist urge to keep typing...

sprtchick 03-11-2009 09:49 AM

I spend virtually my whole work day here...sad I know. But business is dead...probably wont be open much longer at this rate...very scary...but it passes the time in my day.
Blessings.

jknath 03-11-2009 10:02 AM

Nice to know I am not the only one who spends a lot of time while at work on this site also. Thank goodness I am much more efficient at my job (which leaves me time to compulsively check SCS) than I am getting stamp projects done.
PS hope business gets bettor for you!

Paper Kissy 03-11-2009 11:31 AM

Yes, a little too much!

Erin

Emilia 03-11-2009 12:18 PM

I am glad that I am not alone!!!!!

Phantom 03-11-2009 01:35 PM

I think all of us end up spending too much time here at some point. Usually, when it's new to you ~ oh my, it can be addictive!

I know I'm getting better at not hanging out too much ~ I have my favorite places to visit now and then, and I catch myself before I'm tempted to start lurking, and walk away. I literally go days now without really scanning the forums at all.

I also know that when I start seeing post titles and the first response that comes to mind is a bit snarky . . . it's time to get on with my life LOL!! I am not a snarky person by nature so it's just an overload phenomenon.

I'm a huge SCS fan though and you can learn so much here. Use your time wisely and you'll love it even more ;)

mrs_hawkins 03-11-2009 01:51 PM

If I spent as much time stamping as I did SCS'ing I'd run out of cardstock a lot quicker........

LateBlossom 03-11-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs_hawkins (Post 13392383)
If I spent as much time stamping as I did SCS'ing I'd run out of cardstock a lot quicker........

Hmmm, that's a good point!

mariekay19 03-11-2009 02:18 PM

I haven't been on here long, but I'm defiantly hooked! We'll see how bad the habit gets :)

stamp luvr 03-11-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariekay19 (Post 13392621)
I haven't been on here long, but I'm defiantly hooked! We'll see how bad the habit gets :)

You'll know when it starts to hit you in the pocketbook as well as using up all your time!! Ohhh gotta have that....and that.....and that.......

momis mama 03-11-2009 02:40 PM

<---------- spends OODLES of time here!

but i won't tell if y'all don't tell! lol

Shopping Diva 03-11-2009 02:44 PM

I'm guilty of it! I log on in the a.m. and browse periodically, and don't log off until I go to bed. People probably think I'm on here all day since my little button on my avatar always says "on".

kaloso05 03-11-2009 02:56 PM

I'm a challenge junkie... it's like crack, I gotta make a card for the challenge!!! My life has been a bit hectic these last few weeks so I've not been able to do every day's challenges and boy do I know it!!!

iluvpaper2 03-11-2009 06:06 PM

Me guilty too!

Curly Chick 03-11-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly Chick (Post 13387138)
Guily as charged. *hangs head in shame*

Pamela

Good Grief! You'd think I would read these things before I hit submit. Sorry about that!

Pamela