Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:53 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Today on The Martha Stewart Show

Everyone in the audience today are scrapbookers and Martha had an ask Martha segment and someone in the audience today asked if the line would ever be expanded including baby and children items. She said yes, they are already in the works, as well as new tools. Im excited about that!!! I bet her baby style is cute, clean, and classic.

Martha also said she had 600 hundred tubs of scrapbooking materials and things that could be used for scrapbooking. I thought I was bad.

She said the 18x18 scrapbooks are selling out like crazy.

Everyone also got a $250 gift card to Michaels.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:08 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I agree I bet her baby stuff would be cute. Looking forward to seeing it .

SAHM and SU! Demo
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I wish I had been in the audience! I'm just thinking

about all of the wonderful things I could buy at Michael's with a $250 gift card.

Kim
Old 05-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

she was on the TODAY show and there is a video clip of her showing her punches and glitter to make cards...pretty basic, but pretty!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

my gallery
My Blog
Old 05-09-2007, 07:35 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
Everyone in the audience today are scrapbookers and Martha had an ask Martha segment and someone in the audience today asked if the line would ever be expanded including baby and children items. She said yes, they are already in the works, as well as new tools. Im excited about that!!! I bet her baby style is cute, clean, and classic.

Martha also said she had 600 hundred tubs of scrapbooking materials and things that could be used for scrapbooking. I thought I was bad.

She said the 18x18 scrapbooks are selling out like crazy.

Everyone also got a $250 gift card to Michaels.

*jealous*
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR

*jealous*
And they got a hp photo printer. Its scrapbooking week on her show, lots of neat things.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I think the printer and gift card went to the scrapbook winner for the day. I don't think everyone got it. She did it yesterday and the lady who won screamed so loud in the phone you think she had won a million bucks. All this week is scrapbooking on her show. She also showed some neat cards. I don't scrapbook, so I usually have no interest in that stuff. But the woman who came up and showed her mini scrapbooks made from coasters was really great. She also had some sort of scrapbook box that opened up with pictures - very cool. I'm sure she will have more stuff on tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStamp
I think the printer and gift card went to the scrapbook winner for the day. I don't think everyone got it. She did it yesterday and the lady who won screamed so loud in the phone you think she had won a million bucks. All this week is scrapbooking on her show. She also showed some neat cards. I don't scrapbook, so I usually have no interest in that stuff. But the woman who came up and showed her mini scrapbooks made from coasters was really great. She also had some sort of scrapbook box that opened up with pictures - very cool. I'm sure she will have more stuff on tomorrow.
Shoot! Just as it was coming on in the waiting room at the doc's office, I had to walk my daughter in to her appointment. I missed the whole show, of course.

I would have liked to have seen it. Do they air them online, like they do episodes of LOST?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

I bought some Martha stuff today. I went in to buy a lunch tin to alter for my girlfriend's birthday. In addition to a Michael's gift card, I picked up a pack of pink eyelet cards and envelopes and some self-adhesive pink ribbons folded in different ways to adhere to the cards. I got this as a kind of joke cuz we're not really Martha fans, but nice stuff is nice stuff!

Linda
Old 05-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

Quote:

Shoot! Just as it was coming on in the waiting room at the doc's office, I had to walk my daughter in to her appointment. I missed the whole show, of course.

I would have liked to have seen it. Do they air them online, like they do episodes of LOST?

Julie.....ya got to getcha a TiVo!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

She also showed this ADORABLE turtle lamp. It is sooo cute and would be a great gift. It is pretty adaptable to other animals or sports balls etc.

Cheryl

Mom to three wonderful boys!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

SkyesMom is right! Everyone did get the goodies! If you live down the street, I'm sure you heard me holler! Ticked me off.. she forbids the 40% coupon for Michaels, THEN gives $250. gift certs to EVERYBODY in that audience! Ain't she generous! I wonder if the gc had exclusions too.
She did mention the scrapbooks... she needs to really get after promo-ing them cause from what everyone has said here, they ain't selling! Can you believe I worry about all that nice 18x18 paper in that vertical rack with those scrapbooks!!! I can't hardly stand seein' it all bent over, getting ruined as each day passes. I'd be glad to give it a home.. free.
The day she gave us a tour thru the new craft room on her set, the camera panned quickly over the stamp shelf. I was watching for them since there's only the birds and leaves sets at M's and on her website store. She had, I bet 20 maybe more (sitting up on the wood's side) lined up in 3 or 4 rows on that shelf. (They didn't look real big.) So, that must be part of the new prods she'll be intro-ing.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I thought it was humorous that she took questions from the audience of scrappers. I mean, I reallly felt that even the new one there probably knows more about scrapbooking than Martha !!!!!! (of course, that didn't stop me from watching it !!)
Old 05-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy H
I thought it was humorous that she took questions from the audience of scrappers. I mean, I reallly felt that even the new one there probably knows more about scrapbooking than Martha !!!!!! (of course, that didn't stop me from watching it !!)
Ain't that the truth! She must think she comes over as totally knowledgeable when she crafts on the show. She wouldn't be so transparent if she'd keep her mouth shut. She has gotten much better while doing the simple crafts w/ her new line. I wonder how much she had to practice. Since she flubbed the EP Thanksgiving stuff, I wonder if she'll have EP in her line later?!? That would call for a MS heat gun & tools, etc.

She showed how to use one of her punches.. proper way - upside-down. I think that's why they're square, to sit flat on the table- now, that's a better mousetrap!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead
Julie.....ya got to getcha a TiVo!!!!
Does TiVo work like a DVR? I have a DVR . . . but, of course, one would have to remember to set it to RECORD, so one could watch later, right?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStamp
No she said everyone for both.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

No she said everyone for both.
*STILL jealous*
Old 05-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Does TiVo work like a DVR? I have a DVR . . . but, of course, one would have to remember to set it to RECORD, so one could watch later, right?
Yes it does TiVo is just a company that does DVR. Our cable company has DVR. So you never miss Martha or any other show, go into your menu and Mine is under find programs and then select season pass. It will record whenever Martha is on. Also for example if Martha changes the time she airs then the DVR will remember that and you can also have to where it records just the first time run episodes and it wont record the reruns.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

*STILL jealous*
Me too, I would get tons of her paper, ribbon, and glitter with that card. That stuff is so delicious.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Oh man...I would spend it all on the punches and the glitter...I LOVE that bling!!!!!!
Member #4235
Check out my blog!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Yes it does TiVo is just a company that does DVR. Our cable company has DVR. So you never miss Martha or any other show, go into your menu and Mine is under find programs and then select season pass. It will record whenever Martha is on. Also for example if Martha changes the time she airs then the DVR will remember that and you can also have to where it records just the first time run episodes and it wont record the reruns.
SHUT UP!!!! Oh, man, I never knew that. But, then, I just barely figured out how to get the one remote to turn the TV AND the DVR on at the same time . . .

Thanks, Sarah!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

SHUT UP!!!! Oh, man, I never knew that. But, then, I just barely figured out how to get the one remote to turn the TV AND the DVR on at the same time . . .

Thanks, Sarah!
Your welcome!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

I'm waiting for Martha stuff

I think Micheals is responsible for not taking the coupons, wouldn't it be.
Have stampin up demo never used a punch upside down, I actually think
some are less of an effort doing that, especailly bigger punches Anyway, I can't catch the Martha Stewart show because of work, and I forgot what time she is on, so I'm not buying at Micheals until much later when they can stop being so cheap on there items, and I also agree maybe her products would be cheaper if she gave all of us a mail deal, instead of splurging on the audience only, maybe we need to mention it on her site, and maybe she'll send something, though probably not
Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sscrappystamper
Oh man...I would spend it all on the punches and the glitter...I LOVE that bling!!!!!!
I love the spout thingy on the top, its like the ones on the spaghetti cheese cans. I love the pour and sprinkle. I hope the glitter is not as messy now using those. I think I might save the ones when the glitter is gone and put non martha glitter in there.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I am just SICK right now. I had the opportunity to go to today's show, but the EM came in while we were on a cruise and I didn't get to respond in time. I would of flown in yesterday, attended today, GOT MY HP PHOTO PRINTER AND OTHER GOODIES, and then had the day to spend in NYC and home tomorrow. I just sat here and watched the show with tears in my eyes. My DH felt so bad for me. He knows how bad I wanted to go, but I was just to late to respond for my tickets. Oh well, water over the bridge, guess I'll get busy and make a couple cards, that always helps the blues.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamper
I think Micheals is responsible for not taking the coupons, wouldn't it be.
Have stampin up demo never used a punch upside down, I actually think
some are less of an effort doing that, especailly bigger punches Anyway, I can't catch the Martha Stewart show because of work, and I forgot what time she is on, so I'm not buying at Micheals until much later when they can stop being so cheap on there items, and I also agree maybe her products would be cheaper if she gave all of us a mail deal, instead of splurging on the audience only, maybe we need to mention it on her site, and maybe she'll send something, though probably not
Actually its the company that does the contract with the store to not allow coupons. Someone correct me if Im wrong. It would be nice if Martha did her own coupons on her website and we could print them out. For her prices are already reasonable and competitively priced.
For example:
SU PP (Double Sided) you get 8 sheets for $8.95
Marthas PP is 10.99 for 24 sheets and its nice stuff.

SU's 3/4in circle punch is $9.95
Marthas 1 inch circle punch is $9.99.

Martha: 7 yards of Twill for 3 dollars in nice colors like Brown, Celery, and blue. And its soft
SU's Twill is $9.95 and you get 9 yards.

Now for the mondo scrapbook $80 is a bit steep but when you could possibly pay up to 40 dollars on a 12x12 scrapbook, $80 dollars doesnt sound that bad, especially if you love it.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

WOW thanks for the price comparison, Sarah. I love SCS- I get exposed to so many different ways of looking at something. I am interested in the twill -must go take another look this weekend. Also like the Martha's Coupon and "Specials" ideas. Her product is so new - I think we ought to give her a chance to get to know us as customers. I hope she is interested in listening to us!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Actually its the company that does the contract with the store to not allow coupons. Someone correct me if Im wrong. It would be nice if Martha did her own coupons on her website and we could print them out. For her prices are already reasonable and competitively priced.
For example:
SU PP (Double Sided) you get 8 sheets for $8.95
Marthas PP is 10.99 for 24 sheets and its nice stuff.

SU's 3/4in circle punch is $9.95
Marthas 1 inch circle punch is $9.99.

Martha: 7 yards of Twill for 3 dollars in nice colors like Brown, Celery, and blue. And its soft
SU's Twill is $9.95 and you get 9 yards.

Now for the mondo scrapbook $80 is a bit steep but when you could possibly pay up to 40 dollars on a 12x12 scrapbook, $80 dollars doesnt sound that bad, especially if you love it.
ITA!

When you really take the time to analyze it, her product line is indeed very competitively priced.

These are great examples, Sarah. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #29  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Jules ya gotta get that DVR working for ya girl...I love mine! and mine was set to tape Martha today 'cause the babes decided it was time to eat while she was on! Whatever were they thinkin?
My DH actually called me from out-of-town (while working) yesterday and told me to watch Martha this week...I was impressed that he was even watching it himself while sitting in a waiting room!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Had to look up ITA, Julie HRR. I ITA also. You artists are so kind to take the time to post for us. Thank you!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think we even get Martha in Spokane. I can't find it anyway...I wonder if dh would c onsider switching to satellite.......
Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Betsy, Martha is on our local NBC affiliate and comes on at 10 A.M. CDT.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

I had forgotten.. she was on the NBC Today show for just a few min. this morn. plugging her craft line.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

funny... my Pal Julie B. Just went to a taping of MS... all she got was a cookbook!

But she wrote all about it on her blog... very funny! http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/bal..._martha_s.html

Old 05-10-2007, 03:04 AM   #35  
Inking Addict

I happen to know Martha through my sister who produces the show.
Martha is very generous!
She does not set the giveaways, the companies
sponsoring the show do. So the person who said all they got was a cookbook, well that was what the sponsor gave that day. That being said, since scrapbook line is Martha's company, she gave that stuff out. Many of her producers
and assistants suggest ideas to Martha but Martha has
the final say. She is one intelligent and craft person.
I have seen her producers in action and they are wonderful people. I personally love her glitter and the glitter glue.
I'm even using that glue for other things, like gluing small letters from my cricut, etc. I love most of Martha's things
and I'm glad she is putting out some elegant things for
papercrafting. Whether you like Martha or not, just keep in mind that there are wonderful people that work on the show and that it is not so complimentary to them when
Martha gets these reviews. By the way...our own SU! remarkable teammates Jill Raudensky and Janet Wakeland were on Martha yesterday and Jill featured some of her scrapbooks. ALL AUDIENCE members received the HP printer! Way to go Jan and Jill!

Maria
Old 05-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

I was lucky enough to be at the show yesterday.
To clarify what the audience got (Wed) we got 3 of her 'paper shaper type' punches, a hand-held hole punch and the HP personal photo printer with a cute bag (reminds me of the Cricut bag) and a box of extra paper and an ink cartridge. Oh...and some skin care stuff...but who cares about that!

The winner of the sb contest got the gift card and the big, all-in-one printer.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #37  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Devils Fan
To clarify what the audience got (Wed) we got 3 of her 'paper shaper type' punches, a hand-held hole punch and the HP personal photo printer with a cute bag (reminds me of the Cricut bag) and a box of extra paper and an ink cartridge. Oh...and some skin care stuff...but who cares about that!

*STILL jeaous*

Old 05-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariabilljp
I happen to know Martha through my sister who produces the show.
Martha is very generous!
She does not set the giveaways, the companies
sponsoring the show do. So the person who said all they got was a cookbook, well that was what the sponsor gave that day. That being said, since scrapbook line is Martha's company, she gave that stuff out. Many of her producers
and assistants suggest ideas to Martha but Martha has
the final say. She is one intelligent and craft person.
I have seen her producers in action and they are wonderful people. I personally love her glitter and the glitter glue.
I'm even using that glue for other things, like gluing small letters from my cricut, etc. I love most of Martha's things
and I'm glad she is putting out some elegant things for
papercrafting. Whether you like Martha or not, just keep in mind that there are wonderful people that work on the show and that it is not so complimentary to them when
Martha gets these reviews. By the way...our own SU! remarkable teammates Jill Raudensky and Janet Wakeland were on Martha yesterday and Jill featured some of her scrapbooks. ALL AUDIENCE members received the HP printer! Way to go Jan and Jill!

Maria
It's always nice to hear positives about someone! We really have no idea what she does in her free time. Maybe she likes to scrapbook! And, to her credit, I've flubbed up embossing from time to time!

Nancy

Southern Yankee Crafter Blog
Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #39  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabush
It's always nice to hear positives about someone! We really have no idea what she does in her free time. Maybe she likes to scrapbook! And, to her credit, I've flubbed up embossing from time to time!

Nancy
ITA!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Devils Fan

WOW!! Wish I had been there!

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367