Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Time to leave some love on neglected cards! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/time-leave-some-love-neglected-cards-627797/)

Covington Crafter 01-26-2019 10:06 AM

Time to leave some love on neglected cards!

I've been looking through this week's gallery and discovered over 350 cards with no comments! :( That means it's time to challenge you to leave a comment on at least five cards. Let's see how quickly we can get that number down to 0.

Here's how to find those neglected cards; click 7 days in the Recent Photos block of the Gallery, then scroll to the bottom of the page. In the Sort Photos section, select Sort by # of Comments, Timeframe: Last Week, Order: Ascending, then click Sort Now.

tampatha 01-26-2019 02:03 PM

Done....there were so many lovely cards in there!

bzzzeee 01-26-2019 03:09 PM

Thanks for the reminder and the instructions. I just left a bunch of comments and there so still pages and pages of neglected cards! Will try to go back and add more asap. It would be a shame if people stopped posting their creations!

TeeGeeDee 01-26-2019 05:36 PM

Done ... lots of gorgeousness in there!

Covington Crafter 01-26-2019 07:53 PM

Thank you ladies, you're marvelous and you made some people very happy today :D

madameplushbottom 01-27-2019 06:59 AM

Thank you for the nudge. What a wonderful collection of cards and it was fun to leave some comments. XO

pepperann 01-27-2019 01:17 PM

I just left some luv to some postings that were over a week old! Always, my rule of thumb is if I click on it, I'm leaving a comment on how much I like it. Let's shower our Splitcoasters with love!!

Covington Crafter 01-27-2019 02:07 PM

Great progress! Even with the addition of cards, we're down to 180 cards without comments. I'm going to comment on 10 to get it down to 170!

PS - I subtracted index pages and the sketch page.

TeeGeeDee 01-27-2019 02:40 PM

I left a few more comments.

Chris4436 01-27-2019 04:58 PM

Just did the sort you suggested and commented on a number of cards I like. Confess I've don't often comment and never really thought much about it, but I'll start doing it more. Thanks for the reminder.

DCinkit 01-27-2019 05:46 PM

Carla ~ Thank you so much for the reminder! I used to do this on a regular basis. I will make note to pick it up again. There are some really cute cards that somehow do not get noticed. We all know how nice it feels to get a kind word on our cards. Spread the love.

fionna51 01-28-2019 05:15 AM

I did some this morning, but used the last 14 days so that I would catch some from the week before. Also found a LOT of posts that should have been index cards. I'll let the index card people know.

cjzim 01-28-2019 04:48 PM

Thanks for this post, Carla, and for the instructions; I didn't know about that feature! Just went and left comments on some very nice cards.

allee's 01-29-2019 02:47 AM

I just found this thread, but I'll get started right now! Off to comment!

Jennifrann 01-29-2019 03:23 AM

Done! Thanks for the nudge, Carla!

berlycece 01-29-2019 02:15 PM

Great reminder, Carla! I discovered some new stampers; so much talent out there!

Teachybaby 01-30-2019 08:56 AM

I no doubt am missing some talent because I cannot see the card well enough to click for a clearer look. Maybe that is lazy of me, and maybe lighting makes a difference. Hopefully someone can tell me how to get larger, clearer, brighter images. My tech guy says it isn't my computer.
That said, I should obviously take more time and not try to go through this awesome Wednesday delivery in one sitting.

rcuccia 01-30-2019 05:37 PM

Done. Will definitely be back again. Thanks for the info on how to find all these cards I missed!

berlycece 01-30-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teachybaby (Post 21776101)
I no doubt am missing some talent because I cannot see the card well enough to click for a clearer look. Maybe that is lazy of me, and maybe lighting makes a difference. Hopefully someone can tell me how to get larger, clearer, brighter images. My tech guy says it isn't my computer.
That said, I should obviously take more time and not try to go through this awesome Wednesday delivery in one sitting.

Are you looking at the gallery on a smart phone or on a laptop or desktop?

Teachybaby 01-30-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlycece (Post 21776380)
Are you looking at the gallery on a smart phone or on a laptop or desktop?

Desktop. Maybe I should try the iPad or iPhone, eh?

berlycece 01-30-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teachybaby (Post 21776381)
Desktop. Maybe I should try the iPad or iPhone, eh?

Well, I am no expert. I wonder if it is the monitor, not the computer elements themselves. Years ago, we had a monitor that "died" while everything else was working. But definitely try looking on the tablet because it would be worth seeing the gallery as clearly as possible.

Teachybaby 01-30-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlycece (Post 21776386)
Well, I am no expert. I wonder if it is the monitor, not the computer elements themselves. Years ago, we had a monitor that "died" while everything else was working. But definitely try looking on the tablet because it would be worth seeing the gallery as clearly as possible.

I know it isn't the monitor because this is fairly new and I had the same problem with the old one. I did just try my phone, so-so satisfaction, but the iPad is great. Thanks for your help. ;)

jeanne3579 01-31-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teachybaby (Post 21776101)

Are you clicking on the thumb nail to make it bigger, or is it just not a good digital picture that was submitted?

Teachybaby 01-31-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579 (Post 21776833)
Are you clicking on the thumb nail to make it bigger, or is it just not a good digital picture that was submitted?

Jeanne, once I click on the picture and see it enlarged, there is no problem. Some are so dark or small within the thumbnail that I don't have my interest piqued. I am just going to take more time and use my iPad from now on.

jeanne3579 01-31-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teachybaby (Post 21776835)
Jeanne, once I click on the picture and see it enlarged, there is no problem. Some are so dark or small within the thumbnail that I don't have my interest piqued. I am just going to take more time and use my iPad from now on.

Now I understand. Yes, I usually enlarge the whole page on my MacBook Air, so I can see the thumbnail well enough. Most cards are more attractive than they first appear to be in the thumb nail!

grateful2bsaved 02-02-2019 09:54 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I used to do this, and somehow got out of the habit of doing it. Will get back to doing it right away. :) I'm so appreciative of the people who take the time to post their creations, commenting on them is the least I can do. Without cards to CASE I'd never get a card made!

jeanne3579 02-03-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved (Post 21777732)
Thanks for the reminder. I used to do this, and somehow got out of the habit of doing it. Will get back to doing it right away. :) I'm so appreciative of the people who take the time to post their creations, commenting on them is the least I can do. Without cards to CASE I'd never get a card made!

Oh, so true!

Holstein 02-03-2019 06:22 PM

Thanks for the reminder, Carla.

TeeGeeDee 02-03-2019 07:51 PM

I left 5 more comments. This time I selected 14 days and selected random pages to scroll through.

vikkijo 02-06-2019 10:29 AM

Great idea

DCinkit 02-08-2019 05:44 PM

I am trying to leave a few every day. I've seen some terrific cards!

vikkijo 02-10-2019 08:22 AM

Ok, so what I did was go back to the beginning look for zero comments. I found someone who has never had a comment on her cards. Scrappycat0818
I don't see anything current for her, I trully hope the "no comments or love' made her leave.

Covington Crafter 02-10-2019 08:33 AM

Thank you Vicki for making the extra effort. Sad that there are any posters with no comments on their cards!!! I too hope that didn't cause her to leave.

Thank you to all who are taking the time to comment.

Cook22 02-10-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijo (Post 21780937)
Ok, so what I did was go back to the beginning look for zero comments. I found someone who has never had a comment on her cards. Scrappycat0818
I don't see anything current for her, I trully hope the "no comments or love' made her leave.

I see some of her cards with comments posted at the time of uploading, including one listed on the Favourites thread that week: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=428573, so I'm not sure how you are seeing no comments at all for her?

vikkijo 02-10-2019 12:24 PM

I guess I shouldn't say it that way. I had my search set to only show me post with no comments and it was a page full of her cards

pepperann 02-11-2019 06:50 AM

I'm still doing this and having a lot of fun. I've already discovered a few ideas to try. There's quite a few again with '0' comments and you are missing out if you haven't gone and looked!

TeeGeeDee 02-24-2019 09:00 PM

I just spent some in the gallery and left several comments. Please go see some beautiful art!

pepperann 07-14-2019 04:58 PM

I thought I'd bring this back to the top. There are several cards in the Gallery that need love!

I just did several and found I was also saving to Favorites! Check out the Gallery and be inspired!

Covington Crafter 07-14-2019 06:51 PM

Thanks for the reminder Pepperann!

pepperann 11-20-2019 07:02 AM

Its been awhile...but there's a lot of cards in the Gallery that have several views and no comments! I think if others took the time to make them and post...we should show our appreciation. I just went in and found several great ideas and heaped a lot of love on them! I challenge everyone to do the same! :)