Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Tim Holtz Tattered florals or Spellbinders Rose Creations? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tim-holtz-tattered-florals-spellbinders-rose-creations-535337/)

KimK 08-12-2011 08:28 AM

Tim Holtz Tattered florals or Spellbinders Rose Creations?

I love the beautiful paper roses I've seen around the web and on Youtube. Which dies would you choose? Which would be the most versatile?

BillieDee 08-12-2011 09:43 AM

I think much of that depends on what you want to cut. The BigZ dies will cut a number of materials. I think the Spellbinders are limited to paper. in other words - the Spellbinder dies are much much thinner.

I have a huge mix of dies from numerous companies.

sprtchick 08-12-2011 10:56 AM

I am no help..I have them both and have not used either one. They are both good choices.
blessings.

Cook22 08-12-2011 11:21 AM

I have both - if I could only have one it would be Rose Creations, no contest.
If you consider the Tattered Florals, the largest flower is 3" across, and the next one is 2 3/4". I wouldn't often use flowers that large, I use the two smaller ones much more. The smallest one of them is almost identical to a Rose Creations die. Would you get a lot of use from the larger ones?
The main advantage to the BigZ is being able to cut a wider variety of materials, but I've successfully cut fabric, felt and thin foil with Spellbinders dies.

buggainok 08-12-2011 11:39 AM

I don't have the Rose Creations, but do have the Tattered Florals and really love it. I've been using it on lots of cards lately, layering the flowers and turning up the petals for dimension. Then a rhinestone in the center. Here is a card using it:

Happy Birthday Karen by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

fura 08-12-2011 11:43 AM

When all fails, buy EVERYTHING. I'm a professional enabler standing by...

buggainok 08-12-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fura (Post 18619734)
When all fails, buy EVERYTHING. I'm a professional enabler standing by...

Thanks, fura, you must have channeled that enabling straight to me. I just ordered the one I didn't have, Spellbinders Rose Creations. They have it today at Overstock for $17.13, with $2.95 shipping.

$20 bucks isn't much to make a girl this happy!:)

iamvics 08-12-2011 12:15 PM

I love Nesties, but the tattered floral die can cut so many more materials. There is a new mini tattered floral set (movers & shapers).
cha-summer previews...alterations (part 3) - Tim Holtz

Vic

KimK 08-12-2011 05:24 PM

Thanks, Ladies. Helpful information. Just might need all 3!(now that I know about the mini Tattered Florals! ;)

gdeah 08-12-2011 08:55 PM

Rose creations gets my vote. I've been been making fantastic 3-d roses with them. This card shows a large yellow rose I made with the die set. They are pretty easy to make too.

kathi17 09-18-2011 07:43 PM

I love your rose gdeah. I just got that die and the carnations creations one today. I hope mine come out as beautiful as yours did!

Cathy H 09-18-2011 08:04 PM

Wow, that rose is awesome, gdeah- now I have something else to add to my list of things to get!