Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Tim Holtz Not Available In Michaels Canada?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tim-holtz-not-available-michaels-canada-627330/)

2busyscrappin 12-19-2018 07:25 AM

Tim Holtz Not Available In Michaels Canada??

I have been searching for answers for why Tim Holtz Christmas Collection isn't in The Michaels stores in Canada. Does anyone have any info? I am really disappointed when nothing arrived at the two store I shop at.

JBgreendawn 12-22-2018 08:34 AM

I don't know because, I am in the US but, our two stores I go to. they did not carry his Christmas line this year. no papers no do dads. nada they only seemed to have their own recollections lines out. and Joann's was the same way.

Mullanphy Lane 12-22-2018 04:40 PM

Lot of Tim Holtz products at Michaels.com. According to the site quite a few of them are carried and in stock at the Michaels closest to me. Maybe asking at the stores where' he's MIA the reason. Or on his Facebook page?

maryalena 12-23-2018 12:46 PM

Delete, off topic.

2busyscrappin 01-04-2019 10:36 AM

I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to check in on this thread. I asked about a half dozen stores and even posted on the facebook page with no direct answers. Unless I looking in the place. But if your store didn't get it I do still wonder why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawn (Post 21757950)
I don't know because, I am in the US but, our two stores I go to. they did not carry his Christmas line this year. no papers no do dads. nada they only seemed to have their own recollections lines out. and Joann's was the same way.

2busyscrappin 01-04-2019 10:38 AM

They have a Tim Holtz line at our store but his Holiday Collection wasn't in a lot of the Canadian stores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mullanphy Lane (Post 21758087)
Lot of Tim Holtz products at Michaels.com. According to the site quite a few of them are carried and in stock at the Michaels closest to me. Maybe asking at the stores where' he's MIA the reason. Or on his Facebook page?

Scrapjanny 01-04-2019 01:20 PM

I'm in the U.S., and neither of the Michael's stores where I shop had any of his Christmas products. They don't have any of his new products at all. They are systematically replacing all of Tim Holtz's products with their own brand.

Mullanphy Lane 01-07-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 21763375)
I'm in the U.S., and neither of the Michael's stores where I shop had any of his Christmas products. They don't have any of his new products at all. They are systematically replacing all of Tim Holtz's products with their own brand.

Michael's seems to be doing that with a lot of art/craft brands. I just got home from a stop at the local Michael's. I went to buy a paint brush with a 40% off coupon (which I did). In the art section there were five brands - Aritst Loft and 4 other brands. Pickings were limited in the other brands, and none of the selections were high-end brushes (Princeton is an example of a brand that makes brushes from the low to the high end in quality and price). Artist loft, however, had twice as much shelf space as all the other brands combined and all in bagged sets. I've used AL brushes and found them to be the absolute worst quality compared to other brushes sold by Michaels. And they are not the lowest priced.

Scrapjanny 01-08-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mullanphy Lane (Post 21764623)
Michael's seems to be doing that with a lot of art/craft brands. I just got home from a stop at the local Michael's. I went to buy a paint brush with a 40% off coupon (which I did). In the art section there were five brands - Aritst Loft and 4 other brands. Pickings were limited in the other brands, and none of the selections were high-end brushes (Princeton is an example of a brand that makes brushes from the low to the high end in quality and price). Artist loft, however, had twice as much shelf space as all the other brands combined and all in bagged sets. I've used AL brushes and found them to be the absolute worst quality compared to other brushes sold by Michaels. And they are not the lowest priced.

Oh, I totally agree about the AL brushes. I bought a set and have thrown most of them away. They fell apart the first time I used them. I've gotten better brushes with my kids' Crayola watercolors.