Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   For those signing up under this promotion how are you personalizing your kit? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/those-signing-up-under-promotion-how-you-personalizing-your-kit-173915/)

Ksullivan 08-12-2006 05:17 PM

For those signing up under this promotion how are you personalizing your kit?

I just finished my paperwork. And I was wondering what others are picking to personalize there kit?

Bodacious Bouquet (This is just way more my style and I have great ideas forn it)
Serene Sunflower (Seen to much Heartfelf thanks)
All through the year (not a fan of Loads of Love)
Perenniaql Favorites (more my style)
Itty Bitty Borders (already have Itty Bitty Backgrounds)
Your Neat (more my style)
Garden Annuals wheel (matches All through the year)
Lovely Lilac Ink Cardtridge

I was wondering can we pick the In colors multi pack of Cardstock? I picked Soft Subtles but now I am thinking I would rather get the new colors so I have the new to show. Same with the ink pads think I will change my 5 choice for 5 of those.

Oh darn know I need to find the white out!

I am also doing the Add-On
Linen post album in Mellow Moss
think I will change the cardstock to the in Colors
Sticking with the Best Friends Alphabet
At Home Simply Scrappin Kit
Barely Banana Craft Ink
Night of Navy Journaler
Accoridion Book in the Assortment 3

So looks like I am already to send it in.

K

Inkalicious 08-12-2006 09:25 PM

Congratulations!! Looks like you picked super stuff! When I signed up 8 yrs ago there wasnt that many options, and it was $250!!
I dont see why you couldnt get the InColors! Its in the catty, so I say do it!!
Best of luck to you!!

Ksullivan 08-14-2006 08:53 AM

Bumping this back up to see what others are picking

I refilled out my form, switched one set I am getting Warm Words, I think, or should I grab a christmas set? Oh boy.

I am getting the In Colors Cardstock and Ink pads minus one.

So what are other signing up doing?

K

Ksullivan 08-14-2006 09:38 AM

Bumping I really want to hear from you guys!

K

canben 08-14-2006 09:47 AM

I'm going to get the stamp set - Headline Alphabet. I've got a list of the other changes I'm making, but I left it at home....

Ksullivan 08-14-2006 09:50 AM

Canben, welcome fellow new demo!

I am so excited right now, I can't wait to take my paper work to the post office tommorrow!

K

Ksullivan 08-14-2006 09:54 AM

I have a question for the all ready lucky demo people.

How long after they recieve your paperwork till you get your demo number?
How long after recieving your paperwokr and getting your demo number do you get your Kit? Thanks for sharing. I can't hardly wait!

K

canben 08-14-2006 10:00 AM

And I have a question too. I saw not too long ago where someone sent in their paperwork certified mail with delivery confirmation. Would you suggest doing that?

msdetloff 08-14-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksullivan
I have a question for the all ready lucky demo people.

How long after they recieve your paperwork till you get your demo number?
How long after recieving your paperwokr and getting your demo number do you get your Kit? Thanks for sharing. I can't hardly wait!

K

It will depend on how many people are sending in for demo....usually takes longer at the end of the promotion, have your upline call in and get your number.
The kit time varies....they need to varify your information and customize your kit.

Mindy

msdetloff 08-14-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canben
And I have a question too. I saw not too long ago where someone sent in their paperwork certified mail with delivery confirmation. Would you suggest doing that?

I did this for my downline so I knew when it arrived and also to make sure it got in before a deadline was over. It worked out great for me and my downline.

Mindy

Ksullivan 08-14-2006 11:38 AM

Bumping, come on lets hear from all the going to be newbies.

K

Steph315 08-14-2006 11:46 AM

I kept Greetings Galore and Much Appreciated, but I changed the other sets to:

Bodacious Bouquet
Halloween Backgrounds
Fresh Fillers
Hot to Dot wheel
Warm Words

In the add on kit, I chose:
Album to Mellow Moss
At Home SS kit
accordian books to red/caramel
Typset alphabet

stampinjewelsd 08-14-2006 12:18 PM

I usually send in the paper work express post in Canada. It is similar to certified mail. I get a delivery confirmation once it has been received and I find that these envelopes don't go missing like some do. You have to remember that you are enclosing some personal information on those forms including you name, address, SIN, and your credit card information. I think it is just better to be safe than sorry.

Congratulations on deciding to become a demo, you won't regret it!

MazG 08-14-2006 12:35 PM

This is what I'm thinking....

I'm thinking of:

Headline Alphabet (to replace Well Worn)
Roses in Winter (to replace Greetings Galore)
Heartfelt Thanks
Warm Words (to replace Loads of Love)
Itty Bitty Borders (to replace Quick Thinking)
Burst into Bloom (to replace Much Appreciated - losing some money here but I'm trying to find sets I will actually use)
Happy Winter (to replace Itty Bitty Backgrounds)

Other sets being considered are:
Little Hellos and Label Classics (to replace loads of love)

Haven't even got to wheels yet - just decided to become demo today!

ladyals 08-14-2006 12:41 PM

I changed everything that you could!
I chose:
Flaky Friends
Eat Cake
Be Happy
Wishing you the Best
Season by Season
Birthday Best

1 package of BOld Brights
1 Package of the Rich Regals

The inks I chose are all the "In Color" colors...I'm so excited!

I sent mine out this morning via priority mail. My demo told me that I can call in 5-6 days to get my demo number....then I will be anxioulsy awaiting the UPS package in the mail.
What is the usual turnaround time?

Best of luck to everyone!:D

Ksullivan 08-14-2006 07:55 PM

Paper work is all in order and ready to go! DH added CC number and signed, this is important because he is after all my financial backer!

I stuck with Warm Words I really like that set! I did change all my color choices in paper and ink to the In Colors! And Choice the Paper and color coach for the special promotion!

Going to the post office tommorrow morning!

K

Ksullivan 08-15-2006 10:49 AM

I did it! Can't believe it but I have been to the post office and sent my paperwork out via Priority mail with delivery confirmation!

Time to start planning some work!

K:D

canben 08-15-2006 11:46 AM

YEAH! Congrats! I'm hoping to get mine out this week too! Maybe we could keep up with each other and keep the other motivated!

paynete 08-15-2006 12:12 PM

I'm keeping heartfelt Thanks but here are the others that I'm changing to

Its your Birthday
Warm Words
Fresh Fillers
Burst into Bloom
All Wrapped up Accessories
Wheel Butterflies and Blossoms

I'm getting Rich Regal and Bold Brights paper packs and the In color pads!

Menolly13 08-15-2006 06:51 PM

I am still debating what to get. There are so many to choose from! :)

Ksullivan 08-16-2006 06:48 AM

Just curious, I noticed some of you are mixing color familly's for the 2 packs of 8 1/2 x 11 Cardstock, I had been told you can't mix those that they needed to both be the same family. Which make sense cause then you will have 6 of each color and be able to do 12 standard cards if you have a large group. Does anyone know if this is true?

I ordered the In Colors, cause I have quite a lot of cardstock anyways. But hadn't gotten any of the In Colors yet, so this was the perfect oppurtunity to stock up on the new colors in paper and ink. I think it will be a good idea to demo these at my card swap group.

Now off to track my paperwork!
K

Kiko 08-16-2006 07:46 AM

Congratulations! I signed up in July and received two emails from Stampin' Up about three days later with my login and password. I live in Virginia so they must have processed it nearly as soon as they received my paperwork. My upline said she would get the my online info for me as soon as it was posted for her, but she didn't have to. I already had lots of SU stuff, so I waited a bit to place my first Demo order. Ordered on Monday 8/14 (pretty big order since it's the one with 30% off) and it picked and shipped the next day! It will be here next Tuesday. Gotta say, lovin' it so far...

ladyals 08-16-2006 11:36 AM

Ah!!! I just got 2 emails from Stampin Up! I got my id! Yipee! Now I am going to be waiting with baited breath for Mr.Brown to show up! Amazing, I sent my paperwork in on Monday via Priority and got it today (Wednesday!)

Ksullivan 08-16-2006 11:45 AM

Wow, that was fast! Since I sent mine in by Priority mail Tuesday, I might have those important numbers by Friday if not then Monday, next week.

So what are you guys doing about getting your business started? Any plans yet?

K

starofmay 08-17-2006 04:51 AM

Hi all! I, too, am taking advantage of this great promotion. I heard about the promotion last week and had my paperwork ready to go Monday morning. I live in Salt Lake, so I just mailed it Monday and they received it Tuesday morning! AHHH!!!

It went so fast!

I received my welcome emails with my demo number and password instructions Tuesday morning. Then, my starter kit (2 BOXES!!) shipped out Wednesday morning, and I received my welcome phone call yesterday afternoon!

I can't get over how fast this happened. I'm still spinning.

My sister is hosting my first workshop on the 26th. I was going to have an open house, but realized that most of the people I wanted to come said they'd rather just fill out a form and give that to me (super busy people--I wonder how they'll ever find the time to use the stamps they're ordering... but I won't question it, I'll just take they're orders! ;) ).

So, I got some postcards from my upline, filled those out yesterday and BAM! My first workshop is on it's way!

Now I just have to figure out the projects I'm doing...

Kristina

P.S. In answer to the question about Starter Kit stamps, I swapped out pretty much everything! One thing to note, in my Stampin' Memories add-on, I got Typeset Lower Alphabet, and then for the promotion I ordered Typeset Upper Alphabet. Complete set! Well, if you don't count the numbers. :)

Menolly13 08-17-2006 05:35 AM

My demo called SU to verify that you can get 2 different color families for your paper packs. That is what I am planning on doing so I'll have a variety to try out at the begining. I can always order more of whichever one I like the best with my first order.

msdetloff 08-17-2006 11:45 AM

Happy stamping girls! I hope that you all enjoy your SU! experience.

Mindy

Ksullivan 08-17-2006 08:32 PM

That is absolutely amazing! I mailed my paperwork Tuesday via priority. It was recieved today and tonight I got my Demo#, password, and my starter kit is in shipped mode already! Boy are they fast!
K

CardFanatic 08-17-2006 08:45 PM

Quote:

That is absolutely amazing! I mailed my paperwork Tuesday via priority. It was recieved today and tonight I got my Demo#, password, and my starter kit is in shipped mode already! Boy are they fast!
K

Congratulations on taking the plunge!

CardFanatic 08-17-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

K

Since you have a demo number, you can sign up for the demo side here on SCS.

Ksullivan 08-17-2006 08:49 PM

Thanks Jen, I just sent my request to join the demo board right after posting my news. Boy are they fast at SU! Can't wait for my demo kit to arrive.

K

Menolly13 08-18-2006 05:20 AM

I finally figured out my kit last night. I am getting:
mixed bouquet
summer by the sea
sincere salutations (my demo highly recommended this one)
keeping itty bitty backgrounds
mostly flowers
a tree for all seasons
snowman fun wheel
so saffron ink cartridge
soft subtle & rich regal paper
regal rose ink
real red ink
summer sun ink
ballet blue ink
brocade blue ink

I am also getting the add-on:
mellow moss ring album
in color paper
best friends alphabet
At Home scrappin kit
very vanilla craft ink
bravo burgundy journaler

I am getting the Classic Alphabet set for my bonus item.

My forms went out in the mail today and I can't wait to get my number & kit! :)

danamy 08-18-2006 08:20 AM

I've been thinking about becoming a demo in fact I already have my *pretend* order form filled out =) Are any of you worried about not meeting your quota's at the end of each quarter? That is the only thing stopping me. I don't have many people that I could solicit business from so for me this may be kinda hard? Any suggestions?

starofmay 08-18-2006 08:41 AM

danamy, I'm not particular worried. I don't have a lot of people around me that would be interested in purchasing, but I do know that I will be buying some things myself--maybe just $50/month. That means I'm half way there already!

As for making up the difference, the average workshop has $300 worth of sales. So even if you don't have $300 workshops, you could try for $150 (so the hostess will at least get hostess benefits) and only have to do 2 workshops every three months!

That's totally do-able!

Good luck! And I hope I can call you my SU! sister soon! Take the plunge, the water's fabulous!

Kristina

Menolly13 08-18-2006 12:22 PM

I am a bit worried about meeting the quotas. I don't think I'll have a problem for the initial quarter, but am not so sure about after that. My upline has lots of ideas for getting customers: leave expired mini's in doctors offices, public restrooms, etc, do a booth at a ice cream social/craft fair/etc with make n takes. It sounds like it will be doable. We will see. Worst comes to worst, I'll enjoy being a demo for a while and then go back to being a customer if I have to.

lilyinkpad 08-18-2006 01:28 PM

Personlized it very little

My upline said that she changed everthing out and regretted it because the examples are based on those sets in the training info.

I stuck with most of the sets, but know I changed the wheel to the Lily Pad to match the Unfrogettable I love. I have a lot of stamps already as I do a lot of projects and ordering with my stamping club. I love the loads of love and have had that on my want list a while, so that was cool to get. I wanted to swap out one of the others for the accessories, but the prices didn't match up.

I'm really excited about this opportunity. My old demo for our club is a good friend of mine, but can't keep up with the work, so I decided this was a great chance to get into this! I am so excited!

Good luck to all of you!

msdetloff 08-18-2006 02:24 PM

Don't worry--you are getting a great deal regardless and they won't take your birthday away if you can't stick with it ;) Have fun while it lasts and make the most of your first 30% instant rebate :) and all the cool new toys....truely though this stuff sells itself, you just need to use it.

Mindy

Ksullivan 08-18-2006 03:11 PM

Meeting the quarterly minimum has always been the thing that held me back from taking the plunge. I had toyed with the idea for the last year and half, missed out on last years great deal when they offered the money off of the start up. But in about the last month and a half, I really got into believing I just might be able to do this! So here I am giving it a try! I at least have a small cardswap group to start with and hopefully will be able to drum up some more Rubber Lovers!
K

Islandmomma2 08-18-2006 04:09 PM

I am sooo excited too. I sent my paperwork overnight on Monday but it did not get to Utah until WEDNESDAY because of weather delays in Louisville on Monday night. UGH. It finally got there and called SU to see if I was registered. I finally was and they gave me my demo # and password right away!!!!!

My stuff is shipped and will be here on the 23rd. I can not wait.

For my sets I got:

Heartfelt Thanks
Bodacious Boquet
Warm Words
Perennial favorites
Quick Thinking
Much Appreciated.

I got the in colors paper packs and the very vanilla cardstock (I had just bought a pack of white about a month ago!)

I got five of the in color stamp pads.

For the incentive - I got the color pack. I don't have the SU cardstock and now I will have some of every color for demos!!!

canben 08-21-2006 04:27 PM

OK Here's the changes I made:

Heartfelt Thanks (I kept this one)
Tag Time (instead of Greetings Galore - which I have)
Loads of Love (I kept this one too)
Starstruck (instead of Itty Bitty Backgrounds -I have Fresh Fillers)
Simple Wishes (instead of Quick Thinking)
Wishing you the Best (instead of Much Appreciated)
Watercolor Joy Wheel (because I have no clue about wheels :p

I changed the Ink Cartridge from Pixie Pink to Regal Rose
I changed the cardstock from BB to EE
I changed the Classic Stampin' Pads to the first 5 of the In Colors (I have all the others)

And I'm going to get the stamp set special and get the Headline Alphabet!

I'm so excited! DH is taking the paperwork to the PO tomorrow - Priority Mail w/ Delivery confirmation :D