Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #41  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Here's another clarifying question
I've seen the minimum as
$100 per quarter
and $100 every 4 months

but a quarter is 3 months. Is TAC on a quarterly or trimesterly system?
Is it $100 every 4 months (a trimester) for a total of $300 a year
or
$100 ever 3 months (a quarter) for a total of $400 a year?

Thanks so much.
It's a $100 every 4 months

And 30% on Demo Discount.... No Commission given.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

30% Demo Discount You will take this at the time of the order. Just add shipping and Tax after you took your discount.

Please note that you will not Receive any commission on your Demo Discount order.

Only on your Retail sales!

Demo Supplies you do not Get any discounts and you do not earn commission on this either.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:26 PM   #43  
Crimping Master

Do demo order's count toward the minimum requirement for quarterly sales?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

No, the demonstrator discount orders do not count towards the $100 in a 4 month period sales requirements.

You are required to have $100 in retails sales in a 4 month period (not a 3 month quarter - a full 4 months).
Jana ~Angel #1251~ Manager with The Angel Company and List Mom for TAC Addicted
http://jana.ismyangel.net
Old 07-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #45  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana_angel_1251
You cannot be a demo for both companies. That is against both SU! and TAC policy. You have to pick one or the other. Sorry! It would be cool though!

I did not know this- wow- I was going to sign up for tac now and sign up for su when a good incentive came around- this sucks now- as I am joining for the discount to supply my own addiction only! what do I do now?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexant
I did not know this- wow- I was going to sign up for tac now and sign up for su when a good incentive came around- this sucks now- as I am joining for the discount to supply my own addiction only! what do I do now?
I recommend signing up w/ one company now and have a good friend or family member sign up for the other company and then share discounts! That to me would be the best of both worlds!
Old 07-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

i am depress now......
Old 07-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #48  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR
I recommend signing up w/ one company now and have a good friend or family member sign up for the other company and then share discounts! That to me would be the best of both worlds!
Just a note- I think the TAC contract does not allow for a competeting company to be represented under the same household. (I'm not a demo, so this is just from skimming it on their website) so you can't have DH sign up for SU! if you do TAC... it would have to be an out of the house relative.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:48 PM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexant
Sign up with SU- who has the more expensive stamps so the discount would go further and find a nice Angel to support- TAC is so inexpensive anyway

Or sign up with TAC because the minimums are so easy to meet and find a nice SU demo to support.

If minimums didn't matter, I would sign up with the company whose stuff I had the most of so that if I decided to go past the hobby stage I would have more stuff to demo. Since for me, money matters and I cannot meet the SU demos on their own, if (once I get them) I am impressed with the quality of TAC- I'll probably sign up with them. I'll buy SU either way, but as much as I'd love the discount I can't afford to hobby demo with them, and don't have the time to demo for real.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Just a note- I think the TAC contract does not allow for a competeting company to be represented under the same household. (I'm not a demo, so this is just from skimming it on their website) so you can't have DH sign up for SU! if you do TAC... it would have to be an out of the house relative.
Urgh- we can't edit anymore... I miss that feature.
Anyway this is the phrasing on the TAC paperwork

6. Representation of Competing Products. I agree not to sell, promote, or represent competing companies or competing products, directly or indirectly, including any in the same generic category as a TAC™ product or service (i.e., decorative stamps and scrapbook supplies), even if differing in cost, quality, design or format. I understand that if at any time a person living in my household represents a competing company, or sells or promotes competing products, the company may terminate this agreement. I shall not use the company’s name, customer lists or consultant lists in conjunction with any other events or activities, without first obtaining written approval from the company. I understand that the company has grand fathered in some demonstrators, in competing situations, which was at one time permitted by the company. Once a grand fathered in demonstrator sells their competing store they may not open another and still maintain their demonstrator status with company.

Now I have to wonder, I'm sure the company wouldn't do anything about this- but does uploading cards with SU products onto SCS, while having your Angel number in your signature violate this? It certainly does seem to be against the "letter of the law", if not the actual intent.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

this is greating worse and worse .... i am going to bed!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #52  
Embossing Fanatic

I use to be with SU and left when I found TAC. I love the Angel Policy since I do sell my things. I also like being a "person" and that the staff at TAC act like they know me and I am not just a number to them.

The discount is great, the incentives each month are very attainable and I love being able to buy the stamp of the month up to 2 mos. ahead of time to get my customers pumped up!

OK, I am done, LOL!

Awna
Old 07-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #53  
Compulsive Stamper

TAC is sounding better and better the more I read about it and hear from all of the great and so friendly 'angels'! I ordered a catalog from an 'angel' here on SCS on Wednesday and I can not wait to get it!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't see how uploading a card with SU stamps on SCS would be a conflict. SCS is in no way related to Stampin Up. At all. I can't imagine that TAC is going to try and regulate what other stamps their demos use outside of their official demonstrating. If they did, one might want to think twice about representing that company, lol.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:16 AM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Now I have to wonder, I'm sure the company wouldn't do anything about this- but does uploading cards with SU products onto SCS, while having your Angel number in your signature violate this? It certainly does seem to be against the "letter of the law", if not the actual intent.
Representation refers strictly to selling. If you are a demonstrator for a company you are also known as a Representative for that company. It is not against the 'letter of the law' or the actual intent. Every company has a non-compete clause, I think that if each one was dissected it would be worded much the same.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:22 AM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Representation refers strictly to selling. If you are a demonstrator for a company you are also known as a Representative for that company. It is not against the 'letter of the law' or the actual intent. Every company has a non-compete clause, I think that if each one was dissected it would be worded much the same.
I agree with Jana, to expect anything else would be silly. At a workshop or when selling the product you should not demonstrate other stamps or supplies, but in your free time and in your other pursuits use what you wish.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 07-08-2006, 05:36 AM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

But it says representation directly or indirectly. Wouldn't indirectly mean showing off competing products (through your gallery, or a post that says you love SU for whatever reason) while also representing yourself as an angel (through your signature)?

But like I said- I don't think TAC (or any other company) would really expect a demo not to use any other products at all- but it really reads that way to me.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:06 AM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

Again, representation refers to selling - not using. Representing a company indirectly would be for you to be going to a convention and working at the SU! booth for your sister. You are not representing the company directly but you are doing so indirectly - selling for your sister.

The one thing to remember in this clause is that Representation means "SELL". You are a "Representative" of TAC so you do not want to be selling another companies product.

But, I say tomato and you say tomahto. I guess not matter who's Non-Compete clause, or any other part of a contract can be intrepreted in a way different than the actual intent was. Heck - even the most famous document and the oldest book have been debated as to intrepretation. Hence different political parties and different religions.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:25 AM   #59  
Gabfest Goddess

First- before I keep talking- I'm not argueing about TACs policies- or saying that their wording is any different from SU! As I've said before I'm leaning towards signing up with TAC- I think they are a great conversation.

But now to continue the conversation on "representing"
I think it could be said that by talking on SCS (which is in no way affiliated with either company) about how you love SU!s new catalog, and then uploading all kinds of samples, you are indirectly representings them- selling them. Because your words, and then your pictures are leading other people to want to buy them.

I didn't even know about TAC before coming on SCS. And even though no one has directly sold anything to me, they, indirectly, have lead me to the company through their posts and uploads.

I don't think posting on SCS as "Anonymous Internet User X" would in anyway even seem to be against that clause, but by putting a demo number into your signature you (generic you) are now representing the company, and indirectly supporting other products by talking about how great they are -- and we all know how "enabling" people's posts are to convince everyone else to buy.

That said- I'm done, clearly we are reading it different ways, and I can only imagine the most obsessive of companies would really care, unless someone was constantly "pimping" another companies products and rarely mentioning their own.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:26 AM   #60  
Gabfest Goddess

urgh- what happened to the edit function?
Conversation = company
Old 07-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #61  
Rubber Obsessor

It is a great point to bring to attention though. If you are reading it that way then there is a chance that others are also. It might be something that they will have to word better to make things more clear. I see it as meaning active selling but others might see it the same as you - and it should be clear and concise. Intrepretation when a policy is not clearly stated to eliminate other possiblities can so spread across the board and confusion is not something you want when it comes to policies.

And it's actually a good thing to ask about - like the OP is talking about - getting info before she signs on. You are looking at the fine print and you should be if you are considering signing up for them and you should have all the points cleared up before making a decision.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:38 AM   #62  
Stampin' Fool

If you become demos for both companies ONLY to buy for yourself and not to sell, are you not within guidelines. It seems to me this applies only if you SELL for both companies. Or how about choose one to buy and sell for and the other simply to buy from. Again, I think it is only if you SELL for 2 companies.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 AM   #63  
Stampin' Fool

Also, what about this? I have a friend whose sister lives in their attached apartment (same address). One sells SU and one does CTMH. Certainly companies cannot control 2 adults at the same address just because they live in the same complex?
Old 07-08-2006, 06:59 AM   #64  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
Also, what about this? I have a friend whose sister lives in their attached apartment (same address). One sells SU and one does CTMH. Certainly companies cannot control 2 adults at the same address just because they live in the same complex?
Seems like it would depend on the wording of each contract and also if it is considered the same "household." I have never seen the SU or the CTMH contracts, so they might not even have that sort of clause.

It's not the companies controlling them, the adults are making the decision to sign the contract, and thus legally binding themselves to abide by the contract.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:22 AM   #65  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

That's what I meant - like your mom, sister, cousin etc. I'm pretty sure SU is the same way - I've never bothered to double check tho as to whether or not SU is the same way but I'm pretty sure your spouse can't sign up for a "competing" company but I'm not sure about other family members if they live in the same house (if they don't live w/ you then it's a moot point.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #66  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
If you become demos for both companies ONLY to buy for yourself and not to sell, are you not within guidelines. It seems to me this applies only if you SELL for both companies. Or how about choose one to buy and sell for and the other simply to buy from. Again, I think it is only if you SELL for 2 companies.
It wouldn't matter whether or not you wanted to just buy for yourself or not - the contracts you sign when you sign up are pretty clear you can't sign w/ more than one company regardless of what status you prefer YKWIM?
Old 07-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

No, the demonstrator discount orders do not count towards the $100 in a 4 month period sales requirements.

You are required to have $100 in retails sales in a 4 month period (not a 3 month quarter - a full 4 months).

I didnt know this either...Ive been a demo for TAC for probably two years now, and no one has said anything to me about this....I hardly ever have customer orders and I know they are not adding up to 100 dollars a quarter...yikes.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:54 AM   #68  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper121

But a demo can put in a personal order as a retail order- right? It would just be at a 25% commission, rather than at a 30% discount?

Does it also mean you can't claim it as a tax deduction, even if you do use it for your business- since you didn't order it as a supply order?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:05 AM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

TAC has always had the policy. It is stated in the policies and procedures manual. They had not strictly enforced it but they are enforcing the policy now. You must have $100 in retail sales in the 4 month period. You can place your own orders as a workshop or customer direct order and receive the 25% commission vs. the 30% discount. The difference isn't that great and you can still consider it a business deduction if it is used for your business.

I never did use my demonstrator discount as I wanted my purchases to count towards my demonstrator points which determines your demonstrator level - demo, team leader, manager, etc. Plus, if you order at retail price you can also get the promotional sets at the sales price if you make the min. purchase. Plus you also get the free Gift with Purchase stamps with the Customer Direct and qualify for all the Hostess benefits with a workshop order.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok, Im for sure changing the way I order from now on....wish I had seen this thread before I just placed an order on Friday...sigh.

Sonya
Old 07-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #71  
Watercolor Wizard

Thank you to everyone for this wonderful info!! I've been considering on becoming a demo for SU when we move (at the end of the month) but now I'm strongly leaning towards being a TAC Angel instead. I just ordered a TAC catty from someone here on SCS and should be getting it any day now. I can't wait to see the stamps and see if they are something that I could get behind!
TSG Blog
Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #72  
Insane Embellisher

I'm thinking that our demo discount orders USED to count toward our $100/4 month minimum, but TAC changed that last year. Correct me if I'm wrong Jana.

I only mention that for Stamper121. Perhaps the discount orders DID count when she signed up 2 years ago. It's just changed since then and somehow that info fell through the crack and didn't get passed on to her, of if your like me, ya forget! LOL
Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

what are the SU requirements?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #74  
Rubber Obsessor

what r the SU requirements?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Default So I think I may want to become a TAC demo

I have emailed the person who I buy my TAC stamps from but she hasn't emailed me back yet.

I am wondering 2 things; how long does it take you to get your starter kit and what is the quota you have to make each quarter? Is each quarter every 4 months? I printed out the application but don't see the quoto number mentioned anywhere.

Is there a special for demos starting in July? Do we know what it is for August or does anyone even know this info yet?

Thanks so much.

Sherri
Old 07-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #76  
SCS Moderator

cheermom I am going to merge this with a thread that has a lot of info about signing up for TAC-I think all of your questions (and more) will be answered-hold tight while I go find it.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

I wonder if I call TAC on Monday and say I want to change my order to a customer direct order would they go for that..lol. They might think Im pretty dingy, but hey, I can always try.

Sonya
Old 07-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #78  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by denham
what r the SU requirements?
SU requires that you sell or buy (it's all the same to them) $300 a Quarter. You ALWAYS get 20% off the top (instant income) and you get an additional percentage beck in a rebate (up to 40% total) depending how much you sell a month. Plus great rewards points (a point per $1) you can earn to trade for supplies, plus other free stamp set incentives. AND they have a great
"Stampin' Start" program that is brand new. A new demo can earn up to 9 free stamp sets (any price) during their first 6 months as a demo... Ask your demonstrator to sit down and go over every thing with you... this is a very brief answer! I love being an SU demo. Getting together with other demos and group meetings, Regionals and our convention is the best... plus I love the support SU gives us at the corporate level.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #79  
Embossing Fanatic

starter kits are sent out pretty quickly, usually within 2 days or so.

One word of advice, I would highly recommend before signing your paperwork to ask around about the upline you have chosen Might save you headaches in the future
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #80  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by allinkdup
starter kits are sent out pretty quickly, usually within 2 days or so.

One word of advice, I would highly recommend before signing your paperwork to ask around about the upline you have chosen Might save you headaches in the future
This is good advice for SU, CTMH or TAC... very good advice!