Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B-day goodie bags

My DD's birthday is August 24th and I've been debating whether I want to buy the goodie bags or if I want to make the goodie bags. I'm leaning towards making them. I'd like to make bagalopes for the goodie bags. I used the cello bags last year, but I want to change things up this year. My DH doesn't care one way or the other. He says that as long as the bags are big enough for all the candy he doesn't care what I use. I was wondering what ideas you all had for goodie bags. TYIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I had seen an idea here on Splitcoast using cello bags that are adorable (looks like a little purse) and I've made them many times since and have had RAVE reviews!! What I have done is cut a circle out of the glossy cardstock that is the same width as the cello bag. Then I clear emboss cute little flowers randomly on the glossy cardstock. I then take a sponge and stamp pad (usually pink, my DD fav color!!) and rub the color on the cardstock (I think it's called emboss resist). Fold the circle in half...hole punch on the crease a little bit from each end and put a cute ribbon through it for a purse handle. Put some matching crinkle paper in the bottom of cello bag, I usually put the pastel colored kisses or mini candy bars in it, fold the circle over the bag and staple...so cute! I will look through my favorites, I probably saved it in there, I'll give you the date it was done so you can look if you want....I don't know how good my instructions are!! Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

There is an example on Tues May 23,06. I use a small flower stamp so there are more of them and I think the cute matching shredded paper in the bottom really adds to the cuteness too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 05:46 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

TYVM for your help. I'm going to try it out because it sounds like a really cute idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2006, 07:26 AM   #5  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I made t-shirts for all the kids rather than hand out candy/trinket goodie bags (b/c we throw it all out anyway, LOL). It actually ended up costing us about $2.50 per kid and I have seen the kids wear them afterwards so I know they were not tossed, LOL.

Plus last year our theme was totally picked by Camden (Yoda in a Monster Truck) so I had to make something b/c there was nothing out there that fit the Yoda/Monster truck theme, LOL.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

I haven't had any luck finding the picture of the cello bag purse by date. Do you have the description name associated w/the picture?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
Last year I made t-shirts for all the kids rather than hand out candy/trinket goodie bags (b/c we throw it all out anyway, LOL). It actually ended up costing us about $2.50 per kid and I have seen the kids wear them afterwards so I know they were not tossed, LOL.

Plus last year our theme was totally picked by Camden (Yoda in a Monster Truck) so I had to make something b/c there was nothing out there that fit the Yoda/Monster truck theme, LOL.
Yep, I'm totally getting away from the goodie bags when ever possible. At my little boy's swim party, everyone got either a plow up shark or dolphin from oriental trading. They got to play with them that day and until they popped a whole in them. One year he picked football theme party, Walmart sells junior footballs for $2 each. My daughter was into smiley faces and we did smiley face kick balls, $2 at Walmart. Way less expensive, used afterwards and EASY too! I love to stamp but I can't stamp when I'm picking up those tiny little toys/trinkets off the floor.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2006, 08:33 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I am with you on the goodie bag thing. When did this first start anyway? I used to just ban the whole goodie bag thing until I had a friend say so you don't get them b/c you don't appreciate the kids who show up for your kids party? I was mortified and ever since then I succumbed to the pressure and do what I can for goodie bags. I like the idea of giving out one item instead of (sorry of this offends anyone) a bag of junk. I did one year when my son was little an obstacle course on our driveway using sidewalk chalk. I bought each partier a plastic walmart dump truck and they raced down the obstacle course. I also did the dirt cake and they were served the cake from a big bucket into their trucks and used plastic shovels to eat. Too cute!

Have any of you ever done the Lego cake idea from family fun for your boys? You use a bread pan to bake a small cake and two unwrapped cupcakes on top. Frost the whole thing and it looks like one big lego. For that party I gave out small package of legos for each kid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Any good ideas for a skate party for my dd for goodie bag or one treat idea?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 04:16 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajcmeyer
I am with you on the goodie bag thing. When did this first start anyway? I used to just ban the whole goodie bag thing until I had a friend say so you don't get them b/c you don't appreciate the kids who show up for your kids party? .
Okay, I hope I do a better job of typing on this post. I got up way early yesterday and my brain must have been off with all the typos in my previous post...I hate typos.
WOW! Your friend was BRUTAL! I have never looked at it that way at all. I always considered it a "even out" situation. Guests bring a gift to your children, you give them a little something in return . Skate party is a tough one. Actually the previously mentioned t-shirt would be appropriate--they could all have matching shirts while they are skating!

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 06:20 AM   #11  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajcmeyer
Any good ideas for a skate party for my dd for goodie bag or one treat idea?
Is it for girls or boys?
I am a fan of the t-shirt idea. How about some fun sayings about having a "wheely good time"

The t-shirts I printed out onto iron-on paper from a design my sister did (Yoda driving Gravedigger and it looked like it was busting through a wall). This year they are getting shirts with a simple pirate (SU style) with "ARRRGH MATEY" A and Camden's is going to say "AY YI CAPTAIN". I got the shirts on sale about a month before and ironed them on that week. I got 2 designs per iron-on sheet.

How old are the kids? I would think if you do not want to do t-shirts maybe getting a single pack of micro popcorn and a soda bottle and tying them together would be okay, like a "relax at home tonight" kind of thing. Or maybe even taking a picture of them and giving them a photo frame kit (like the foam ones) with a magnet to hang up. If they are middle schoolers or have lockers doing a mirror to hang up in their locker would be cute as well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm another fan of one thing rather than a goodie bag (they often contain things my dog ends up eating and throwing up on the carpet, but that's a personal problem, LOL!). T-shirts for the skate party would be great--and it would be easier to keep a head-count of the kids there to make sure no one goes missing. Safety first!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

My daughter will be turning 7 first graders. Where do you find the iron on paper? I was thinking of a skating party but she was an Ariel theme. So I was thinking of something using the Fintastic set. Any ideas? What about the boys we invite they probably wouldn't want mermaid tshirts. Should I just do fish for the boys?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Recently my daughter received a gift certificate to Baskin Robbins as a party favor. I think it was for a free kids cone. We were both happy with this gift!
Reply With Quote Likes