Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   These cute Spiral Notebooks (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/these-cute-spiral-notebooks-89092/)

andrea1967 09-27-2005 06:23 AM

These cute Spiral Notebooks

So how do you cover a spiral notebook with cardstock and punch all those little holes for the wire run through????

utahsnowflake 09-27-2005 06:29 AM

My friend and I covered a bunch of these the other day. We carefully unwound the wire off of the paper. Then we made the cover and glued it onto the existing cover. Then, using the holes from the original cover as a guide, we simply used a hole punch. Then we lined the cover back up with the rest of the paper, and wound the wire back into it, and re pinched the ends. Hope that helps!
~Donna

norma garcia 09-27-2005 07:16 AM

spirals

line up your cardstock with the cover and mark the holes with a pencil. then punch a hole ( small hole punch) then carefull cut a slit through each little hole. use a pointed end to puch all the pieces down through the wire.

norma

MadelinesMom03 09-28-2005 04:54 AM

I take the coil out, make a brand new cover, trace the holes off the old cover, and punch the new holes with my 1/8" circle punch, (they seem to be perfect for the coil books i use from the dollar store)then i put the coil back in.
working with the coil is actually alot easier than i had thought it was going to be.

avonlea 09-28-2005 05:30 AM

adhesive???

I have another Q about these; what glue or adhesive do you use to glue on the cover & back?

Thanks in advance. :)

sharingmyartwork49 09-29-2005 05:31 AM

I do everything that's already been posted, however
I don't adhere onto the existing front or back covers.
When I do this and using Cardstock -- I make new covers,
and toss the old ones...just use them as a template for
the holes, and the size.

JMHO

Judy :)

utahsnowflake 09-29-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonlea
I have another Q about these; what glue or adhesive do you use to glue on the cover & back?

Thanks in advance. :)

We used really good glue sticks for ours because we wanted to glue the paper right to the edge of the cover. For that kind of project I also prefer to glue the whole paper down. Couldn't do that with mono or glue dots. A spray adhesive would be good too.

gmcbunny 09-29-2005 07:03 AM

I usually use Tombow for everything as far as adhesives go. For the spiral notebook I have found some that have an open spiral the entire length of the binding, they are much easier to manipulate then the ones with the complete spirals.

Rush'd Lady 09-29-2005 01:57 PM

I've made several of these. I just straightened out the curved end with needle-nose pliers, then unscrewed the spiral, taking care that the inner pad remained together (rubber band together). I built the cover on the top sheet using double face tape at the edges, except at the very top edge (I came within 1/4 inch) as all those layers make it difficult to punch holes through.

Turn top over to use previous holes as a guide to punch through using the 1/8 inch hole punch, then lay on pad of paper, stamped side up and carefully screw spiral back on and bend end in again with pliers. Tie on ribbon bows to spiral to dress up your pad. So fun to do! :)