Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Is there anything you have to have... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/there-anything-you-have-have-272495/)

mai 07-26-2007 08:32 PM

Is there anything you have to have...

Based on the discussions, M & T, and displays at the Convention...what are the things you have to have from the catalog that you don't already have at home? Thanks...wish I was there

doxiejan 07-26-2007 08:40 PM

MORE PUNCHES and the Pretties kit

inkerzaway 07-26-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxiejan (Post 6650048)
MORE PUNCHES and the Pretties kit

hmmmm, the only way I could get more punches would be to start buying duplicates! Oh wait, I already did that...lol! Jan (gotta punch 'em all!)

Jennifer Jones 07-27-2007 05:04 AM

Labelicious because you can use the designer label punch with everyone of the images. (They demonstrated how they look) real cute!
The Punch pals set is useful with a lot of the punches.
They also demonstrated the circle punch and 5 flower punch layered for an adorable cupcake ornament!
The pretties kit is an excellent bling aspect for projects.

The list is getting bigger!

barbstamps 07-27-2007 03:52 PM

Must haves include the pretties kit, all the punches, textured cs, more designer paper, chipboard, and cropadile. Stamps I need (that I didn't need a couple of days ago) include Fabulous Flowers, Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Ginormous Flowers, Wanted (we got it at convention). Shelli had some Christmas ornaments made with Illuminations that were amazing--I still don't like that set when I look at it in the catalog, but I'm definitely going to buy it!

dorothy ann curry 07-27-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbstamps (Post 6658459)
Must haves include the pretties kit, all the punches, textured cs, more designer paper, chipboard, and cropadile. Stamps I need (that I didn't need a couple of days ago) include Fabulous Flowers, Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Ginormous Flowers, Wanted (we got it at convention). Shelli had some Christmas ornaments made with Illuminations that were amazing--I still don't like that set when I look at it in the catalog, but I'm definitely going to buy it!

Sounds like I will need to place another order. I want the outline Alphabet.

picturegirl 07-27-2007 06:51 PM

They've sold me on the Pretties kit, the jumbo eyelets, and the Halloween designer paper. Shelli did a cute pinwheel project this morning using the new background-sized snowflake, so now I'm thinking about that too.

I've already got the markers, but in one of the classes today someone demonstrated 20 ways to use the markers. Now I can't wait to get home and play with mine!

indyemmert 07-27-2007 07:53 PM

So we NEED to get the whole catalog AND mini, right? That's what it sounds like to me anyway!

amyz2988 07-27-2007 08:01 PM

I can't wait to head out to session 2! I'm sure my bank account can, though! ;)

basketsofstamps 07-27-2007 08:18 PM

ditto on the more punches. Esp., I didn't attend convention last year, but they showed us how to make a template of all our punches on cardstock, then to go through the catalog and put the shapes over the stamps to see all the stamps that can be punched with the different punches.

More DSP - as they really targeted home decor, and lots of dsp.

baskets

MSBetsyZ 07-27-2007 09:37 PM

So what's the deal with the Jumbo Outline alpha?

stampencamper 07-28-2007 04:57 AM

neat idea

this sounds really interesting, do you have a scan of your template to give us an idea on this. there is so many things we miss out on if we don't have a regular demo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketsofstamps (Post 6661935)
ditto on the more punches. Esp., I didn't attend convention last year, but they showed us how to make a template of all our punches on cardstock, then to go through the catalog and put the shapes over the stamps to see all the stamps that can be punched with the different punches.

More DSP - as they really targeted home decor, and lots of dsp.

baskets

Misermom 07-28-2007 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ (Post 6662562)

What do you mean? I have it. It's not as jumbo as I might have liked. I like it, though. Kind of wish the lines were a tad bit thicker for more presence on a s'page, but it's nice. Is there another question you had? Here we used it on kraft, stamped in black or brown and colored in with the Versamarker. That's a cool look.

Misermom 07-28-2007 05:52 AM

BTW, what I need, totally is a TON of things from the Holiday Mini. I started planning two classes that I plan to offer on gift wrapping and holiday decor. SO many cool ideas that Shelli presented!

I also am totally getting a DBWS. I never felt the "need" to have one before now, but they did an awesome job of selling it and making it sound indispensable!

rhondag 07-28-2007 06:02 AM

I ordered a wide watercolor brush.....and will be ordering watercolor paper....yes I'm probably 10 years behind the times-I use Naturals Ivory to watercolor. I already had the pretties kit, but now I know what to do with all the tear drop beads :)

maryrose 07-28-2007 06:55 AM

So tell us! What do you do with the teardrop beads?

mary rose

smartcookie44 07-28-2007 08:24 AM

I also want to know the 20 ways to use markers! Do you think that will be on the website after Convention?

willosmama 07-28-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misermom (Post 6663995)
What do you mean? I have it. It's not as jumbo as I might have liked. I like it, though. Kind of wish the lines were a tad bit thicker for more presence on a s'page, but it's nice. Is there another question you had? Here we used it on kraft, stamped in black or brown and colored in with the Versamarker. That's a cool look.

I think she is asking why everyone wants it now~ it's super!!! I love it! Check out Starofmay's blog, she has done some fabulous things with it!!

ldunn 07-29-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misermom (Post 6664006)
!

I also am totally getting a DBWS. I never felt the "need" to have one before now, but they did an awesome job of selling it and making it sound indispensable!

What is DBWS?

scrapmo 07-29-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama (Post 6665421)
I think she is asking why everyone wants it now~ it's super!!! I love it! Check out Starofmay's blog, she has done some fabulous things with it!!

And how do I find Starofmay's blog?

ksaeger 07-29-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmo (Post 6675763)
And how do I find Starofmay's blog?

http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/

Misermom 07-29-2007 06:44 PM

DBWS = Demonstrator Business Website

Wendybell 07-29-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ (Post 6662562)

It is sooo stinkin' cute! Many of the words from Fundamental Phrases can be placed inside of the outline alpha letters. For example, they demo'd the letter "i" with the word "love" stamped inside the stamp (vertically) and stamped the "u" from Typeset lower alpha right next to it! I placed my order for one yesterday . . .

scrapmo 07-30-2007 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksaeger (Post 6676072)

Thanks - what a cool blog, it does put the outline alpha on my wish list though, darn, didn't really need the thing to get any longer.

stampkat 07-30-2007 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misermom (Post 6677901)
DBWS = Demonstrator Business Website

Staci,
I couldn't agree with you more about the DBWS! I got one after I earned my first cruise a few years ago and have never regretted having one. Even when I am not good about updating, there are still things for people to look at and also a great way for people to contact you.
Kathy

MSBetsyZ 07-30-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendybell (Post 6678775)
It is sooo stinkin' cute! Many of the words from Fundamental Phrases can be placed inside of the outline alpha letters. For example, they demo'd the letter "i" with the word "love" stamped inside the stamp (vertically) and placed a chipboard "u" right next to it! I placed my order for one yesterday . . .

Thanks, Wendy! What a cute idea! <sigh> my list is longer than the paper!

gypsey62 07-30-2007 09:27 AM

My wishlist now includes:
Jumbo Outline Alphabet
ABC Upper & Lower, ABC Images and Wheel
Fundamental Phrases
Build-a-brad
Jumbo Eyelets

Puggins 07-30-2007 04:45 PM

OMG :-o Lots and lots of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds! One word - Icicles! I was at Session One....and that was THE Wow for me! Gorgeous.

Shelli demonstrated how to make them during her Home Decor section....so stinkin' easy-peasy! Drip CE on waxed paper in the shape of icicles...sprinkle DD over the CE...allow to dry...then peel off waxed paper and Voila! She used them to decorate the rim of a hatbox lid. Absolutely gorgeous!

If you are visual...check out my blog for some pictures.

CherylPenner 07-30-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puggins (Post 6687451)
OMG :-o Lots and lots of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds! One word - Icicles! I was at Session One....and that was THE Wow for me! Gorgeous.

Shelli demonstrated how to make them during her Home Decor section....so stinkin' easy-peasy! Drip CE on waxed paper in the shape of icicles...sprinkle DD over the CE...allow to dry...then peel off waxed paper and Voila! She used them to decorate the rim of a hatbox lid. Absolutely gorgeous!

OK those icicles are just too CUTE! Gotta go make some!

jostamps 07-30-2007 07:57 PM

cropadile, wrapping paper and the pretties! and new ribbons and stamp sets..........

jostamps 07-30-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsey62 (Post 6683161)
My wishlist now includes:
Jumbo Outline Alphabet
ABC Upper & Lower, ABC Images and Wheel
Fundamental Phrases
Build-a-brad
Jumbo Eyelets

Oh yeah - these are great too! Wasn't Amy awesome? She was on our flight from SLC and the flight steward was flirting with her and she got extra cookies!

strongcanadianbeauty 08-05-2007 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=smartcookie44;6665381]I also want to know the 20 ways to use markers! QUOTE]

And the ways to use the tear drop beads.........can anyone give us some specific info on these two things???

Thanks in advance!!

Patti Pylant 08-05-2007 09:11 AM

Punch Template

Just a hint on making a punch template - I made mine using vellum that way you could see the "whole" picture when scoping out what you designs could be punched out!!

maryrose 08-05-2007 09:39 AM

Thank you, Kathy McD, for the blog photos. I had a hard time picturing the icicles. I come from Michigan, and when I heard icicles, I was thinking of the gigantic "You'll poke you're eye out" style. Very sweet!

mary rose

grammatroll 08-05-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryrose (Post 6750062)
Thank you, Kathy McD, for the blog photos. I had a hard time picturing the icicles. I come from Michigan, and when I heard icicles, I was thinking of the gigantic "You'll poke you're eye out" style. Very sweet!

mary rose

Me too!!!

rhondag 08-05-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryrose (Post 6664701)
So tell us! What do you do with the teardrop beads?

mary rose

Sorry, I was on vacation after Convention......You put them on the ends of thin ribbon (like the narrow grosgrain....just trim it at a diagonal to a point--I tried it with the double-stitched and couldn't make it work) to make dangles....super cute!

Canuck Monsterstamper 08-05-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puggins (Post 6687451)

OMG! I am so behind on this thread - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your icicle embellishments - thanks for sharing.

inkerzaway 08-05-2007 12:53 PM

I already have the Jumbo Outline alpha so I'm set with that but now I'm being tempted by the giant background size snowflake (Holiday Mini) if only to make those adorable "pinwheel" style ornaments. Also that regular catty Christmas set with the little penguin (Polar Pals?) was so cute with the little hat stamped on his head the way Brent Steele showed it. I have the Cropadile (CAD) and now will be using it...a lot! Before I only used it to punch holes in coasters, now it has so many more uses that I didn't realize. Jan

Robin 08-05-2007 03:34 PM

does anyone have directions or a pic of the ornaments made with the snowflake stamp in the holiday mini?

thanks!

lilfoot 08-05-2007 04:39 PM

Posting to register to thread. Love ideas!