Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Mine surprised me this Christmas with a coupon good for a day of helping me organize my stamping area. What a guy!

Love everyone's stories.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine got me a Cricut Create for Christmas and a couple of cartridges to go with it. He's a keeper for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #43  
Crimping Master

Glad there are some happy stampin women. DH is kind enough to STOP me from buying too much so we won't have to eat stamps during retirement (not for at least 30 years but you've got to start early). He ALWAYS compliments my crafty projects (I sew as well as papercraft) and I heard him bragging about all the handmade Christmas gifts (MIL, nieces as well has a manly couch quilt for when he watches a little TV). Thankfully he's gotten me out of my super free wheeling spending ways even though I have a TON of supplies (and will be a demo in about 3 weeks).

Oh and he hasn't complained that I've managed to take more and more space of our shared "office" as my stampin area (I have half of the extra bedroom as my sewing space). He's definitely a keeper too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been stamping for just a couple of years and mine has always been an eye-roller . . . "As long as it makes you happy..." But I'm pretty independent so it doesn't really bother me anymore. If he were too interested, that might become overwhelming for me. I don't think I'd even want him to shop for me or come with me to stores. That said, he also doesn't complain about what I buy and I'm a SAHM, too, so that's a plus!

But in the last few months, since I started illustrating stamps ~ yikes! He asks me about *that* every single day, looks online, etc. Go figure. I do appreciate his support and encouragement with this aspect though. It's a new venture that requires a strong commitment and he's 100% behind me on that.

It seems I could put him in either thread! So I did ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #45  
Gallery Gazer

My DH is a keeper too--he is totally supportive of my new hobby and doesn't care that I've quickly taken over the kitchen. And currently he is on the hunt for a large door to make my new crafting table after the one from Target was 18 inches shorter than they had promised!

And not only does he compliment every card that I make, but he also makes sure other people appreciate them, too. When someone opens the card and doesn't make a big enough fuss, he'll point out all detailed work that goes into making a card.

Plus he makes sure that I have at least one nice lazy afternoon or morning every weekend to stamp.

Sounds like we have all found some winners!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

My guy is the best, really. When we moved here in 1992, there was a caretakers cottage on the property that hadn't been inhabited (by a human, anyway) for around 20 years....it was "storage" for junk, and the critters had taken over...mice, bugs (eeewww), the occasional squirrel or chipmunk. I looked at my husband and said, "you know, it would be a nice playhouse for the boys" (who were about 8 and 10 at the time), and he said, "no, I think you should have a crafting studio". Smart man.....and ooops, I had "accidently" left one too many quilting pins on the floor of the crafting area in the house that had found their way into his foot! So who am I to argue? He tore down and replaced all of the drywall, put in a new ceiling, tore out a wall, put in a new furnace, put in new flooring, added true color lighting and fixtures, put a new toilet in the bathroom and tore out the tub, repainted the whole thing. This didn't happen overnight...it took a few years, but I have my own place to go to make a mess and get away from all of the testosterone in my house (even the dog is male)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

The sweetest thing my husband does is lines up a baby sitter and stamps with me. He puts up a little barrier so I can't see what he's making and when he's done he presents me with a card that he's worked oh so hard on. Ahhh... what a guy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #48  
A LOST 4400

My DH makes awesome homemade biscotti!! He is a really great cook in general.
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

I helped my wife start her own stamp company seven years ago. I even do a few samples every once in a while.

I win. LOL

Maybe not...I don't make homemade biscotti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 648 Likes on 367 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHamboView Post
I helped my wife start her own stamp company seven years ago. I even do a few samples every once in a while.

I win. LOL

Maybe not...I don't make homemade biscotti.
Wow! You're good with that stamp. What a hubby!
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #51  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I also have a wonderful DH

Quote:

Originally Posted by IreneMView Post
I love this thread. Happy hubby stories make me smile.

I go on a girlfriend weekend every year and while I am away my DH usually plays video games and has the boys over.

One year he picked me up from my girlfriend's house and was acting strangely in the car. "I'm just happy to see you" he kept saying. My response "Okay, what did you break?" He's kinda clumsy sometimes. When we pulled in the driveway, I noticed the blinds missing from our spare room. He said the cat knocked them down and made a mess of the spare room. He didn't have a chance to clean up. Reasonable answer, but I am still suspicious. When I opened the door I could smell the paint. I ran to the spare room and found it freshly painted, the closet was opened up (doors removed) and he installed shelving, there was a desk with a computer in the corner and new lighting. He had worked all weekend with my father to make me a craft room. I was floored. He is a thoughtful man but is more focused on the small stuff. This was HUGE. He said "Ta Da! I really hope you like it. The walls are mellow moss, I think."
This one brought tears to my eyes! What a thoughtful husband - you are very blessed!

My hubby rolls his eyes a bit at how much stash I have but knows how much I love stamping and is pretty supportive. He spent all of last week (while he was still on holiday) working on a website for a friend of ours who is a builder/ cabinet maker, and when our friend asked what he could do in exchange for my DH's time my DH said he had just the project in mind! So on 14 Feb (it's a coincidence it's Valentine's Day) our friend is modifying some existing furniture and building a new desk so I can officially move my craft room upstairs.

My wonderful DH also does all the laundry (washing AND ironing). He's a keeper for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH OH......I can't believe the timing of this thread!!

I have been so dissapointed that my DH didn't get me the cuttlebug I wanted for Christmas.......HOWEVER, last weekend, I totally cleaned and rearranged my stamping closet and he installed 2 new shelves and pegboard ALL from leftover wood in the garage and we didn't have to spend a DIME!! (I will be posting before and after pics soon)

So I have been spending ALOT of time at my NEWLY cleaned and organized desk when I came across a little Gerhadeli chocolate......then I found another hidden, and another......I have found 10 little peices of wrapped chocolates hidden in and amoung my stamping supplies!!

WHAT A SWEETIE!! OK, I forgive him for the cuttlebug!! Can't afford it anyway!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #53  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Mine's very supportive of my habit, he runs the show at home when I'm gone and doesn't mind if I go to conventions, and appreciates all that I do.

I've been ill lately and Hobby Lobby had a great sale going on, so I sent him there with my 10-year-old stamper to help him out and get the stuff on the list that I wanted. He must have called me 10x from the store but he got it all, and we're talking specific House Mouse stamps too that I didn't know the name of but described to him. They were 50% off and I saved him a ton of money with that!

I'm lucky and spoiled and know it, and am very grateful for it too.

I'm adding on to this to add that he puts up anything that I want him to. He also thinks that I'm saving him a ton of money by staying out of the malls and stamping instead......if he only knew. Also, he's very gracious to my customers when they come over for a workshop, club, class, whatever, and will even help me clean the house before that.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCDstamperView Post
Sometimes the *sweetest* thing that a husband can do is pretend not to notice all of the new things accumulating or the "stamping-related" charges on the bank statements. Know what I mean??
This pretty much describes my DH to a T! He's not at ALL involved in my stamping (or any other crafts). I show him my work and he admires it (sort of - while he's got one eye on the TV) then he's all done.

We both like it that way. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #55  
Insane Embellisher

Sue asked: "Not to get off topic here, but didn't anyone else notice how far the drive to Wal-Mart is!!?!?!

Are you seriously that far from Wal-Mart? Oh, you poor thing!"

YES SUE!

Yes, we are 110 miles north of the world. Walmart, Kmart, Shopko, Sam's Club, Michael's & JoAnns. Yup, you got it.

We are one hour east of Glacier Park in a little town of 3500 people (just look for the big Penguin as you enter town from the east!). We are 45 miles south of the Canadian border.

When we shop in the "big" city, we spend 12 hours away from home. It's 1.75 hours each way if the weather is perfect.

We do not have an A.C. Moore anywhere near here, also, no Hobby Lobby, Macys, Kohl's, or any other big name store. There is good shopping 110 miles south, or 135 miles west.

The CLOSEST actual scrapbook store is about 130 miles away (west) in Columbia Falls (All About Memories - fabulous store!).

Last edited by Sew It Seams; 01-14-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

Default Mr. Hambo:

The DH that makes homemade biscotti wins, hands down! haha.

Homemade biscotti OMG. I'm Sicilian, and it's my favorite treat, especially with my lattes in the morning! If I want it, I make it myself (from my grandmother's recipe, which I recently wrote down so in my old age, I don't forget anything!). My DH has discovered that a latte and biscotti are a pretty good treat for his 25 mile commute to work every morning. Until he married me, he'd never had real homemade Italian food of any kind!

My dear, dear husband called my sister's husband and SHE got a Cricut Expression for Christmas - because she told me, and I told my DH that it's about the only thing she wants for Christmas and I couldn't afford to buy one for her. How's THAT for a grapevine?

Anyway, the biscotti-making husband wins!

I asked my husband tonight if he thought he was spoiled and he said no doubt in his mind, he's spoiled, and I said, yeah, me too....

Last edited by Sew It Seams; 01-14-2009 at 01:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 04:44 AM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

My DH is so supportive of my hobby. He could care less what I spend. He doesn't go out and buy stuff for me because he's not sure what all I have (I'm not either for that matter) but he will occasionally hit the LSS with me and pick out paper. He has wonderful taste. But he did get me the Cricut Expression for Christmas. Okay, I actually went out and bought it Thanksgiving night because I got it for $199 but it was his gift to me.

He also made my scrapbooking table and 2 bookshelves to accommodate my paper and stamps. I needed deeper shelving. But the best thing he's done lately still brings tears to my eyes. We are self employed and money has been really tight the last 2-3 months. I had only used my Cricut Expression 2 times and knew I could sell it for more than the $199 I paid for it and if I also sold all my cartridges, that would bring in some extra cash. In addition, I was going to sell all my die cutting stuff just to have the extra cash. He absolutely refused to let me sell anything and put some of his tools up for sale instead. He told me he'll find a way but he's not going to let me give up the one thing I enjoy doing so much. Luckily things are much better now and we didn't have to sell anything but the fact that he was willing to do that just warmed my heart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 AM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

My DH never questions what I spend. He knows that it makes me happy, so that makes HIM happy! He's happy that he always has a card when he needs it. He's happy that I have something that I enjoy doing alone OR with friends. He wouldn't buy me anything....because he REALLY has no clue what I have! But since he lets me buy whatever, he really has bought me EVERYTHING! I love my man, he's the best! And when we get an extra bedroom he'll support turning it into a craft room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #59  

Received 1,385 Likes on 517 Posts

Dh found $20 lying on the sidewalk while running one morning. He returned home from his run and handed it to me, saying, "Here...go buy yourself some scrapbooking stuff." I was SO touched at his thoughtfulness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #60  

Received 1,385 Likes on 517 Posts

Oh, and he never complains about what I spend. He just tells me I'm a great wife and mom and that I do the finances so I know what I can spend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #61  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 648 Likes on 367 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
Dh found $20 lying on the sidewalk while running one morning. He returned home from his run and handed it to me, saying, "Here...go buy yourself some scrapbooking stuff." I was SO touched at his thoughtfulness!
That is just so sweet. He had you on his mind.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My DH lets me get whatever I want. I handle the bills so I know how much I can spend. He also goes to the local stamp store with me and they have a whole bunch of cute stamps there. Ocassionally I ask him to go there and chose a stamp for me so it is a surprise.
He also started drawing cute animal images for me, that hopefully will be stamps one day.
He does say occasionally all I think about is stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #63  
Mad Swapper

My DH is the best to me!!! Off the subject a little I discovered just how amazing he was when I got sick for 1 1/2 years. He stayed by my side through EVERYTHING and still does no matter what I go through. He is my ROCK! My life is complete with him (sorry a bit off the subject but had to share) As far as my hobby is just as supportive. A long time ago he built me a table and I took over more than half of our spare room. If he sells things on ebay he offers to buy me stuff with the money. He never says " Don't you have enough crafting stuff". He just suprised me with a Cricut Expression this Christmas. I swore I'd never own one because it cost too much. But he managed to get the cash, order it, hide it, put a fake x-mas gift under the tree and suprise me 2 days before Christmas with it so I could play because he knew I would have no time on Christmas. He now wants to build me a complete U shaped table so that I can have all the space I need for my tool collection ( cricut, cuttlebug, copics etc). He already bought some of the supplies. He is truly amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #64  
Pearl-ExPert

My husband is my best friend and has been for 30 years as of 01-06-09. He supports me in everything I do. He oohs and ahs over my card creations because he knows it makes me happy. I recently set up my scrapping/stamping spot in our basement and I made sure to include space for him to do his hobby. He ties his own jigs for bass fishing. This way we both get to do what we love and still get to be together while doing it. I thank God for him everyday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #65  
Mad Swapper

I just LOVE this topic!

My husband is SO supportive of everything I want to do, and stamping is no exception! He and I have a monthly "allowance" of $100 to do whatever we please with. All the rest of our income is budgeted for this or that, but we each can spend $100 on "fun" things and do not have to refer to each other about it. My $100 goes ALL to stamping. Stamps, paper, embellishments, tools, even organizing things for my stamp room. Hubby generally spends his on books and computer stuff. But, every so often, he'll surprise me and order stamping stuff for me with his allowance. Since I'm a SU! demo, he usually orders Papertrey stuff for me because he can easily tell what I do and don't have (they have their own section in my craft room) and he doesn't have to worry about me getting wind of it. He also buys me stamping stuff for Christmas, Birthdays and Anniversaries if I ask him to. This past Christmas, he bought me 4 SU! stamp sets, some DSP and embellishments!

And, when we moved here, Maryland, 2.5 years ago, we specifcially looked for a place that had 1 large bedroom and 2 smaller rooms so we could each have an "office." They are right next to each other so we can both do what we enjoy but still be within talking (well, really shouting! ;) ) distance from one another! The rooms are really small though and since my craftroom was bursting at seams, he agreed to let his office/library also be the guestroom. Every time we have visitors, he has to clear out of the room and hasn't complained once!

Such a sweetie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #66  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by IreneMView Post
I love this thread. Happy hubby stories make me smile.

I go on a girlfriend weekend every year and while I am away my DH usually plays video games and has the boys over.

One year he picked me up from my girlfriend's house and was acting strangely in the car. "I'm just happy to see you" he kept saying. My response "Okay, what did you break?" He's kinda clumsy sometimes. When we pulled in the driveway, I noticed the blinds missing from our spare room. He said the cat knocked them down and made a mess of the spare room. He didn't have a chance to clean up. Reasonable answer, but I am still suspicious. When I opened the door I could smell the paint. I ran to the spare room and found it freshly painted, the closet was opened up (doors removed) and he installed shelving, there was a desk with a computer in the corner and new lighting. He had worked all weekend with my father to make me a craft room. I was floored. He is a thoughtful man but is more focused on the small stuff. This was HUGE. He said "Ta Da! I really hope you like it. The walls are mellow moss, I think."
That is SUCH a SWEET story! I love the "the walls are mellow moss, I think!" How cute!

My hubby does that too sometimes, like he'll say "you're wearing real red, aren't you?" and I just giggle but I really want to say, "actually, it's more like ruby red" LOL! :mrgreen: He's trying though, so I don't correct him!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
I have one of the greatest!

We went to Walmart yesterday, didn't find anything I couldn't live without in the scrapbooking/stamping section, bought the necessities, I went to the restroom and DH went through the checkout, then we drove home (110 miles).

On the way home, DH says, I know you want to become a consultant for CTMH, would you like me to pay the fees for your birthday? I said YES!

We got home and Dh is rumaging through the Walmart bags. He pulls out this package and says, "these are for you!" He says, "I know you want to start scrapbooking our photos (we've been married a year), so I bought you this set of journaling stamps! Whoohooo! Was I surprised.

What do other great husbands do for the stampers/scrapbookers out there?

You live 110 miles from a Walmart. I thought when I lived in PA and had to drive 30 miles that was too far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #68  
Rubber Obsessor

My husband would have to be in this category. He is very supportive. He is always asking what I need. Usually always buys me supplies for Christmas. Now I have a very small corner in our bedroom where I have a table and shelves set up. The book case i have....the first one...got very full. So he said he could turn my table and fit another 5 shelf bookcase next to the other one. I was so excited....went out that night and bought it. My dh was putting the shelf together for me at 11 pm at night.

He never really complains about the $$ I spend. He goes hunting and fishing and all that. Buys old motorcycles and fixes them up. As long as I pay what I need to pay for bills and all that he is fine with it. He knows it makes me happy. And that goes for watching the girls if I want to go to a card party or anything like that. He knows that it is something I love to do and is very supportive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

Count me in as one of the lucky wives! :-D

I'm pretty lucky that my MIL and SIL are so crafty, so my husband was exposed to it early on. (He's quite the sculptor himself.) When he was getting ready to propose, he documented the entire process and took pictures with the people at the jewelry store, kept the jewelry brochures, etc., so he could make a scrapbook of the whole thing.

When we moved into our first home last May, he gave me one of the extra bedrooms as my craft room, and helped me set it up. He also surprised me with a fancy new SLR camera, as our old point-and-shoot had died months earlier, and he knew that we needed to take pictures of our settling in!

He's also the type to not get onto me about spending. I'm admittedly cheaper than he is, so maybe that has something to do with it, but he encourages me in this area and has taught me to loosen up some and get something if I really want it. Put that together with the way he cares for me through my crazy health issues and a job that requires travel and grad school...I love him to pieces!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #70  
Kookie Creator

I can't help but read every single post. It's refreshing to hear about the happy times. I used to hear "You've only been married X number of years. You're still in the honeymoon stage. That will change." Well 12 (17total) years later I must still be honeymooning! Congrats to all of you (and me too).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
what a wonderful thread.

My husband is so nice. He puts up with me. What else is there??
This is the way I feel about mine too. I can always find something about him that annoys me. But, I can be a real vipe sometimes and I'm a spend-thrift. Yet, he treats me like I'm the bestest girl in the world. I do love my husband. (But, I still want to kick his hind parts sometimes. :twisted: )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

*sigh* My DH tries but he really doesn't get it. Good for all of you who have husbands who do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #73  
Mad Swapper

Bumping! I'd love to hear more wonderful stories!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 06:24 AM   #74  
Kookie Creator

My husband is fantastic...and so handy. He's not very good at surprises, but he's good at everything else. He is so supportive. We're a military family so we move quite a bit. Every time we go out looking for our new place to live his first two questions are, "Is the kitchen ok?" and "Is that room (whichever it might be) big enough for your craft room?" If those two requirements aren't met it goes off the list. Even during our European hunt. He's also built me a paper cabinet with 140 12X12 shelves and 70 8X11 shelves, a stamp cabinet for my wood mounted stamps (he's planning on building a second one when we move again), a stamp pad storage rack, two shelf things (don't even know what to call them) for my refill bottles, and is working on a design for ribbon storage. He never lets me get away with saying I spend too much money or time on my projects and tries to work time in every weekend we're home for me to play. He's made me a few cards, but those were before we had our son. He also keeps a look out for any information on stores or groups or gatherings I might want to attend. And he gets excited over the scrapbooks I make, sometimes the cards. He does lots of research for me on new tools if I don't know what I want and gets me what I want when I do know. And he goes shopping to see if he can find things I don't have for holiday gifts. He's wonderful. I think I might be spoiled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #75  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stampingView Post
You ladies all sound like you have wonderful husbands! My hubby just rolls his eyes and tells me that I dont need anything else, lol ...
LOL, this is my hubby too!!! I wish my hubby would do half of the stuff you lucky ladies are mentioning.. Though he does help me out with ideas and things I can use. He never really complains about the $ I spend so I guess that is good right ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #76  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My husband is sending me to CHA on Saturday as a part of my Christmas present! We had just gotten back from Hawaii when I was asked to go and we really shouldn't be spending the extra money, but he knows that it's important to me and with everything falling into place (CHA just happens to fall on his 4 days off). Here I am, going to CHA with some of my design teams, getting a chance to meet many of my stamping friends for 5 days while my hubby stays home and plays Mr. Mom with our 3 & 4 year olds What a guy!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #77  
Polyshrink Goddess

What a great thread! Thanks for starting it : )

My hubby often tells me that I have way too much. However, all my big ticket items including digital cutter, printers, and scanners have been purchased by him : ) He's even contemplating the idea of turning part of the garage into a space for my crafts. He's great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Just west of Spokane, WA, on the rim of a lake with a beautiful view

You all have wonderful husbands, and so do I. He has always been very supportive of my addiction. When we had our retirement home built in Washington 2 years ago, he built my very own stamping room. The first time I've had one just for stamping and scraping. He built it, but I hired someone (he travels a great deal in his job) to finish it, carpet and finishing the floating and taping and painting. Then he hung my stamp shelves that he built for me several years ago, my stamp pad shelf (my BIL built) and then bought me paper holders last year for Christmas and this year ordered three sets of nesties for me along with telling me I could go to my favorite stamp store for a shopping trip (that's coming up on the 30th with a friend). Several Christmas' ago (we were living in our 5th wheel full time, I wanted the travel tote for stampers by Crop 'n Style. He told me to give him a picture of what I wanted and he'd see if he could find one. He took the picture, called all the craft stores in the area until he found one and then went and bought it. The ladies in the scrapbooking store where he bought were amazed that he did it on his own and with just a picture to go by. We've been married for 43 years and I know for sure he's a keeper.

Norma
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #79  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default This doesn't belong here....but here it is

OK, my husband is wonderful. Been married since '71 but like a lot of the husbands here, he doesn't mind my hobby, but when I am thrilled over something and show him, it's something like, "Cool, uh hu." But I have 6 children, one is a 28 year old single guy who lives in town. Recently he had back surgery in Atlanta so I took him from Knoxville and stayed with him then brought him to my place for a few weeks. Well, he's the big, burly, tough, non emotional, football playing, fisherman type--all guy. On his last day here I made him a nice dinner, it was also his first day of driving again after surgery. After dinner he said, "Ok, mom. I have a little something for you for all you have done for me!" I couldn't believe it. He handed me a gift bag with a whole bunch of individually wrapped gifts! Each one was a stamping, scrapping thing of some sort. He had gone to the LSS and spent hours, really! He agonized over which things to buy. Finally after making his choices, he asked a couple of ladies for their opinions. When he showed them all the goodies they said I would LOVE them. And they were right! After my little crying spell, and a bunch of hugging, he said, "Dad, you really need to appreciate what mom does. You don't understand how talented she is! Her cards and scrapbooks could win prizes!" (Ahh, what a compliment. Not true, but I'll accept it anyway.) So, how sweet is that? I also love that he notices every little detail. I mean it takes him like 1/2 an hour to look at the card I make him for his BD or Christmas or get well. It's so nice when someone appreciates all the love that goes into our hobby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #80  
Matboard Maniac

I love my husband and he spoils me! I am blessed! Whatever my current obsession, pampered chef, southern living, stampin up, sephora, cookware, jewelry, purses, shoes, anything, he is always so sweet about it. He likes to surprise me too and I love that about him. He is truly the best husband that a girl could have and that girl is me i was reading the post about sneaking in a second time time to use a 2nd coupon at a craft store and even though i know it is not his thing he'll still listen and laugh with me even though i'm sure he's thinking who are these crazy craft coupon ladies she is talking about but i love all of your stories, ideas, and inspiration. thank you all, mary
Reply With Quote Likes