Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Teacher Appreciation gift? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/teacher-appreciation-gift-144601/)

ajcmeyer 05-08-2006 11:28 PM

Teacher Appreciation gift?

I gotta know what did you ladies do for a gift all 5 days for the teacher? I am at a loss. I did stationary what else?

CindyLCook 05-09-2006 02:44 AM

I'm a teacher/librarian and our PTA pampered us last week. I enjoyed getting flip-flops with fun yarn wrapped around the straps, votive candles, wind chimes, a small bottle of lotion, and a yummy smelling bar of soap. They also had lunch for us on Wednesday and other food treats each morning.

Now I'm having fun stamping thank you cards for all of them!

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Cindy

Bettycropper 05-09-2006 04:36 AM

I made an altered clipboard, for one teacher and a 8 1/2x11 scrapbook where all she had to do was put the pics in for the other teacher. But, I have also have given hand stamped cards and tags.

NancyLuvsMickey 05-09-2006 04:43 AM

I'm on the committee for Teacher Appreciation and we are doing either breakfast or lunch everyday, but on Friday, we are giving each teacher a stamped cube of paper and a matching RSVP pen...

fiona 05-09-2006 04:48 AM

I'm intrigued - I'm a teacher in the UK and we don't get anything so nice - what is this teacher appreciation week? Is it done all over the US?

ajcmeyer 05-09-2006 07:56 AM

I think it is done all over the US. There is one week at the end of the year that is called Teacher Appreciation week. Generally there is a lunch provided at least one of the days by the parents. Our school is doing a lunch for them MWF. Generally the parents of our kids teacher get a gift of some kind "from " our child.

I am glad to hear that the handmade gifts are appreciated. I was trying to decide whether I should buy a gift certificate or if I could make something.

stampinsweeney 05-09-2006 08:02 AM

I am a teacher in the US and the school pays for a school-catered luncheon. I am appreciative, but think that a card from a student would be cool. I don't expect gifts and would rather someone said something nice. Know what I mean? I am a music teacher, so I don't know what the kids do for the classroom teachers.

ajcmeyer 05-09-2006 08:33 AM

I am so glad to hear that the handmade gifts are appreciated! My daughter drew her teacher a picture. I matted it and stamped it with the words Thank you underneath. Appropriate?

cher 05-09-2006 11:33 AM

Today (May 9th) is National Teacher's Day. Happy day to all our teachers and thanks for our future :-)

ajcmeyer 05-09-2006 12:27 PM

Ditto!

krista_stampinfun 05-09-2006 05:42 PM

My dd is in 2nd grade, with 1 teacher and 2 half-day teachers' aides. We're doing something small each day. Mon - water bottles with lemonade on the go packet attached, and I stamped a label in school stamps to go over the original label. Tues - I used school stamps to decorate big magenta cups , and we stamped their names on them with a stamped "teacher" bookmark inside. Wed - we're sending chocolate bars with a stamped wrap around them. Thurs - mints in a stamped holder. Friday we're taking paint cans. I was going to do them at the end of the year for each teacher, but since it's so close, we're doing them this week. I am decorating paint cans with things inside to match (post-it holders, RSVP pens, not quite sure what else yet.)

cher 05-10-2006 05:23 AM

For my husband's piano teacher I made my first stamped matching set: Set of 4 magnets, photo album, note pad w/matching pen, note holder, candle, bookmark. All inspired by a package of napkins. Put in a bottle of vanilla body spray too. On the note pad, I made muscial notes for the tag...since she's a music teacher. :-) Here is the gift set & paint can.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=9383

Husband liked the idea of a paint can, so made that to hold all her goodies.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=9383

Lalalaur 05-10-2006 07:03 AM

I always get nominated to do the craft stuff in our parent teacher group. This year I made candy wrappers full size candy bars for them and they each got a PATT( name of our group) calendar and pen and I stamped bags to put them into.

here are the wrappers and then saying that I did for our teachers and support staff

Amazing candy bar---- Our teachers are amazing!
Gum ------We think you are cool for sticking with our school!
Laffy Taffy------ Because your efforts give students a place to stretch their minds.

Laurie

krista_stampinfun 05-10-2006 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalalaur
I always get nominated to do the craft stuff in our parent teacher group. This year I made candy wrappers full size candy bars for them and they each got a PATT( name of our group) calendar and pen and I stamped bags to put them into.

here are the wrappers and then saying that I did for our teachers and support staff

Amazing candy bar---- Our teachers are amazing!
Gum ------We think you are cool for sticking with our school!
Laffy Taffy------ Because your efforts give students a place to stretch their minds.

Laurie

I love these sayings for the candies, Laurie!

Texas-Scramper 05-10-2006 08:02 AM

mon. we did a gift bag of notebooks, post its , mug, ect. - tues. the kids made cards, - wed. was snack day, we gave the teachers favorite snacks, - Thursday is hug and best behavior day, - friday is flower day, the kids picked out a flower for their teachers to plant.

Lalalaur 05-10-2006 11:37 AM

Thanks Krista,
All of the teachers reallly like them too.

Laurie

thenolanz 05-10-2006 11:50 AM

We just made up a basket for yesterday and included chocolate chip cookies, a 6 pack of petunias for planting, and cards from dd and dh/me. There's also a PTA luncheon tomorrow!

troopersma 05-10-2006 02:10 PM

Teacher Gifts

I did a couple things...

1) For the teachers and staff...I baked 6 dozenish cookies (1/2 choc chip and 1/2 peanut butter) put them in pizza boxes (new ones) and then printed out a "thank you" on a sheet of paper and taped it to the lids. Left these with packages of small plates in the teacher's lounge. (Added plus...used Betty Crocker cookie mixes so got the Boxtops for Education from those to add to my stash.)

2) For his main teacher I gave her a "Movie in a Can". It included a $5 gift card, a large bag of M&M's, 2 packages of microwave popcorn and another box of candy. It came out adorable if I do say so myself.

3) For the special ed teacher I gave her a little bath set with a tag and a gift bag that matched (using the Bubble Queen set).

And now I'm DONE appreciating for awhile! I should go play with my new CTMH stamps!

Jane

angelanne21 05-10-2006 03:02 PM

I'm a Special Ed. teacher & I appreciate anything I receive! I especially like handmade items from students and/or parents! And food! Actually, it really is the thought that counts & I really appreciate any effort or acknowledgement!

genie1314 05-10-2006 05:31 PM

I'm a teacher and I appreciate all that my students and parents do for me! Since I don't give anything to teachers (1st kiddo coming in July), I am going to switch the role and tell you what I am doing for my room moms. I am going to make a genie bag and fill it with homemade brownies and a stamped thank you card. Would you like to get that as a thank you from a teacher?

TaxiTam 05-10-2006 08:28 PM

I don't know what a genie bag is, but it sure sounds nice. I think anything to show appreciation to the parents is very thoughtful!

For my DS Kindergarten teacher I got a carry out drink box and filled it w/ spaghetti noodles & sauce, Parmesan cheese in a glass shaker, candy, microwave popcorn & a movie rental card. I did a card and let her know that she can have a relaxing dinner & movie on us one night. I got the idea f/ here on SCS.

I am in the process of making acrylic post-it note holders & pens for DS to give all his other teachers (art, media, PE, etc.) at the end of school. I didn't plan well enough to get it done for teacher appreciation week.

Thanks to all you teachers out there! I REALLY appreciate you!

ajcmeyer 05-10-2006 08:57 PM

As a room mom I would love to know the teacher appreciates having me there! Can you pass that along to my daughter's teacher?