Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Tape Gun (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tape-gun-175055/)

kellyklp 08-16-2006 10:07 AM

Tape Gun

Hi,
Has anyone ever tried/bought this tape gun? I think the price is incredible, and I ordered one yesterday. I ended up ordering the red one with 1/4". I just wanted to see if anyone else has used it. Here is the link:

http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/TapeDispenserGuns.htm

Thanks in advance!

GarnetJ 08-16-2006 10:28 AM

Have not seen this before. I don't think I need such a "heavy duty" tape gun. I'll stick with the little ones from Wal-Mart.... Adhesive-Tech.

malindaplace 08-16-2006 10:34 AM

That's a good price!

I haven't tried the ATG, but I've read several paper artists' recommendations of it. The prices I've seen elsewhere were considerably higher.

stampintotton 08-16-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyklp
Hi,
Has anyone ever tried/bought this tape gun? I think the price is incredible, and I ordered one yesterday. I ended up ordering the red one with 1/4". I just wanted to see if anyone else has used it. Here is the link:

http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/TapeDispenserGuns.htm

Thanks in advance!

I have this gun and I love it I have had mine about seven years. You will love the archival quality awsome transfer tape you use with it. It is a nice inexpensive answer to all adhesive problems. I also use this to make accordian albums where the instructions call for sticky strip, this is a very good adhesive. I think you will love it.

Sharon

shell_scraps 08-16-2006 11:49 AM

I have this model and that's where I ordered mine...I love it....since I got it I haven't looked back...

kellyklp 08-16-2006 12:02 PM

Tape Gun

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell_scraps
I have this model and that's where I ordered mine...I love it....since I got it I haven't looked back...

Yeah! I am glad to hear it! I really, really hope I like it! My friend got the yellow one and the adhesive seemed to be much more sticky than the mono. So, I can't wait to get it!!!!! Thanks for the advice!

Kelly :0)

jwjazz 08-16-2006 12:16 PM

I ordered one from the same place and it is supposed to be here today. I have read a lot of good reviews on it and can't wait to try it out. I have swaps cut out ready to assemble once Fed Ex delivers. Just waiting and hoping the it gets delivered before my husband gets home. It is getting uncomfortably close on time right now. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :shock:

shell_scraps 08-16-2006 03:16 PM

I'm gonna warn you...you will be laughing when you get yours in the mail...mine was a ball of bubble wrap with tape around it...that's it...no box....I chuckled for a while over that one...

cyndiestamps 08-16-2006 05:33 PM

I have that tape gun (bought from the same place) and I love it. I got the 1/4" width one. It works great, but it's easy to go through a lot of tape because it's so easy to use. Much better than working with mono if you do a lot of cards. I get multiple refills from my husband for Christmas, so I'm set for a good long while. Just be sure to save the tape loading instructions--until you've done it a few times it can be confusing.
Cyndie

jwjazz 08-16-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjazz
I ordered one from the same place and it is supposed to be here today. I have read a lot of good reviews on it and can't wait to try it out. I have swaps cut out ready to assemble once Fed Ex delivers. Just waiting and hoping the it gets delivered before my husband gets home. It is getting uncomfortably close on time right now. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :shock:

Okay, slight problem with my tape gun. It is now 9:40 pm and still no Fed Ex. When I track it on the web site it shows that it left Charlotte, NC at 9:17 am on the 15th and was scheduled to be delivered to me on the 16th. It still has not arrived in KY according to tracking. Has anyone in NC, TN or KY noticed a Fed Ex truck looking lost? If so, please PM me and give them directions to 1-75 North. They can find me from there. :-(

Thanks

kellyklp 08-17-2006 04:46 AM

Tape Gun

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjazz
Okay, slight problem with my tape gun. It is now 9:40 pm and still no Fed Ex. When I track it on the web site it shows that it left Charlotte, NC at 9:17 am on the 15th and was scheduled to be delivered to me on the 16th. It still has not arrived in KY according to tracking. Has anyone in NC, TN or KY noticed a Fed Ex truck looking lost? If so, please PM me and give them directions to 1-75 North. They can find me from there. :-(

Thanks

Uh-oh! That doesn't sound good! I can't believe it didn't show up yesterday! I hope it gets there soon!!!!!!!

jwjazz 08-17-2006 06:07 AM

My tape gun is here. Yea!!!!! Came just a few minutes ago. I have the tape in it and I plan to check it out this afternoon. It is BIG but surprisingly light in weight; the entire package including the gun, the box the gun comes in, 10 rolls of tape and tons of bubble wrap only weighed 2 lbs. That is not bad. I will report back once I use it.

AshleyAnne 08-17-2006 06:12 AM

LOVE mine. The tape is super sticky and so easy to use.

mholles 08-17-2006 06:18 AM

I don't have that version, but a different one. It's suprisingling light for it's size. It's a good adhesive, so you don't need a lot - it's easy to go overboard :) The rolls last awhile and are inexpensive. The one I have is
1/2" so I still have to use mono for smaller pieces. DH works for xpedex Paper and Graphics and they stock the 1/2" guns and refills so that's why I use the larger size.

Ireland 08-17-2006 06:20 AM

I ordered mine from the same place!

LOVE it - SO much cheaper than mono and so much stickier!!

Suzanne 08-17-2006 06:27 AM

Have it and love it. It is really light and once you get the hang of using it it is so easy. I got mine from the same place.

I went to a stamping get together and we made 25 cards. I used mine and had already used it to make 7 cards and still had lots of tape left when I got home.

kellyklp 08-17-2006 07:00 AM

Tape Gun

Thanks everyone! I am so excited to get mine! The price is just awesome, and the stickiness too! I can't wait! All of you guys have gotten me so excited!!!! Why isn't everyone using this?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I ordered 5 rolls, so hopefully that lasts me a while. In Feb. I ordered 65 monos, and I almost out, so I go through it like crazy. Hopefully with getting so much more in this one, I won't have to place as many orders! Thanks everyone!

Kelly :0)