Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Tape Depot tape problems (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tape-depot-tape-problems-437426/)

SoSherry 05-15-2009 01:57 PM

Tape Depot tape problems

I recently sent my Scotch ATG 714 gun back because of problems with the tape slipping. Scotch quickly sent me a new gun and 2 replacement tapes to try. They worked well and I did not have any problems. I have since ordered some Tape Depot refills and I'm having the same problems I had before with the 3M tape rolls. What am I doing wrong? I am very unhappy and I purchased 12 rolls. If anyone is interested in buying my rolls - I will give you a bargain price and buy any future refills from 3M.

letmecrop 05-15-2009 04:11 PM

I get mine from Tape Depot. My last order was for the case (144 rolls) and I only have about 5-6 rolls left and I didn't run into any problems with any of the rolls.

How much do you want for your remaining rolls?

jeannie barron 05-15-2009 04:30 PM

I love my tape from the Tape Depot! Sorry you are having problems.

Cindy H. 05-15-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoSherry (Post 14074382)
I recently sent my Scotch ATG 714 gun back because of problems with the tape slipping. Scotch quickly sent me a new gun and 2 replacement tapes to try. They worked well and I did not have any problems. I have since ordered some Tape Depot refills and I'm having the same problems I had before with the 3M tape rolls. What am I doing wrong? I am very unhappy and I purchased 12 rolls. If anyone is interested in buying my rolls - I will give you a bargain price and buy any future refills from 3M.

Sherry, long story short, I have the same problem with the tape slipping off the little roller. I love my ATG 714 and did not want another brand, type, etc.

This is what worked for me. I took a firm piece of clear plastic, I think mine was from the Spellbinders Nesties. Any firm plastic would probably do, I just wanted clear so I could see if it was working properly.

I cut a 3" circle out of the plastic (same size as the tape wheel).

Now you need to cut a 1" circle out of the center of the plastic circle.
You now have what looks like a donut :)

Now slip it under the little tab that holds the tape in place and then
slide the rest of the *donut* down onto the wheel. You want it snug
so it doesn't slip off.

Now you have a little cover that holds the tape in place. I figured this out about a month ago and it is still working without a problem. Hope this works for you. It's worth a try and then you don't have to send all those tapes back :)

SoSherry 05-15-2009 08:11 PM

I will have to try that! I have contacted Tape Depot and they are more than happy to give me a refund on everything I send back. I will try the donut tomorrow and see how that does. I am just wondering if I got another defective gun or if the guns get bad after quite a bit of use. I have had the replacement gun for a few months now.