Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #41  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
ok so I vote for JulieHRR to make her own magazine - her style is what I love!!!
I second that!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Very small price to pay when you have thousands of crafters across the country busting their humps and sending in dozens of cards a month/year. The sheer volume of the submissions, and the experience, effort, and skill that went into each one must be pretty stunning! I agree, Stampington is making a killing!
My husband frequently asks what do I get when I am published ... and most times it is just a comp copy of whatever publication it is. He says that is DIRT CHEAP payment!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

ok so I vote for JulieHRR to make her own magazine - her style is what I love!!!
Another vote from me!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scpd
I never cease to be amazed at this company's ability to make a killing on people's desire to see their work in print!
Stamper's Sampler has about 250 cards (very rough estimate based on what the covers usually say) and Take Ten built up to about 600. (Again - just an estimate for discussion.) I think the Editor commented in the 10th anniversery issue how glad she was to be up to a circulation of 40,000 per issue. And while certainly every reader does not submit work, submissions are from all over the world. I just don't think they sell 40,000 issues to the people who have cards in the issue.

And that it has such a broad base of contributors is part of it's appeal to me. And so many cards in one issue. I also like the suggested templates - it is amazing how many different interpretations there can be of one simple format. And I'll bet it helps make photo layouts easier.

There is a little part of me that wishes people would submit stamps that are currently available. Every now and then I see a stamp that I sure would like to have, but it is long gone.

N.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I second that!!!!!
OK, sorry for the thread hijack, but I have to second this second!. Julie, you rock!
Sponsored Links