Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Is This a Tad Bit Obsessive Compulsive? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tad-bit-obsessive-compulsive-8060/)

Kymbers_Stampin 09-02-2004 07:39 AM

Is This a Tad Bit Obsessive Compulsive?

I bought clear self-adhesive index tabs for my catalog so I could tab the sections I use most like the color index page, the eyelets page, the index page (yes, I indexed the Index), the envelopes page. Am I getting too compulsive?

kendra 09-02-2004 07:42 AM

I would just call it being organized!

tmarie 09-02-2004 07:53 AM

If you are...you are in good company!!! :D I think we can all relate!!!

srogers5 09-02-2004 07:58 AM

Hope not. SU sells just what you are talking about (it's a demo supply item). Surely we aren't all OC! Are we?

tmarie 09-02-2004 08:02 AM

If you are...you are in good company!!! :D I think we can all relate!!!

Kymbers_Stampin 09-02-2004 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srogers5
Hope not. SU sells just what you are talking about (it's a demo supply item). Surely we aren't all OC! Are we?

Just looked at our supply list and if they do sell it, I can't find it. I'm talking the things from Avery that WalMart sells for fifty cents. Doesn't seem like a prudent supply item for SU to carry.

At least I'm not too compulsive. I feel better now. These are just so much nicer than neon pink post its! :D

kardulove 09-02-2004 08:37 AM

I don't think it's obsessive/compulsive....I did it! As a demonstrator, I find it makes life much easier when someone asks "where do I find.....?" and I can just use my handy tabs that I've labelled to find what they are looking for quickly. I've done this for 3 years now and it works very well for me.

WaterPixie 09-02-2004 08:42 AM

I like that idea. Think I'm going to have to go and get me some tabs!!!

daphne532 09-03-2004 06:03 AM

I hope it's not, I did it. My soon to be upline even 'recomended' tabing the pages. Although when she saw that I did it with more than just the little paper tags from post it she laughed and said "I KNEW YOU'D USE THAT KIND!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inkalicious 09-03-2004 10:36 AM

I did mine also with the Avery Write-on Tabs , they come in (what else?) yoyo yellow, tempt turq and pink passion! LOL I also use them for marking the different sections, and i use the SU! clear ones for stuff I want, or idea markers!
Tandra
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/inkalicious

mamakimberly 09-03-2004 10:43 AM

Ohhhh, what a brilliant idea!

Kimberly

andakay 09-03-2004 10:43 AM

When I had my personal catalog spiral bound at Office Depot, I had them add clear thick plastic dividers at different sections that I wanted marked. I also had them add pockets to the back so that I always have the minis and order forms with the catalog and they stay neat. I am so glad I did it, but my husband does think I'm a little obsessed. :lol:

srogers5 09-03-2004 10:46 AM

My mistake. We get them from Town and Country, one of the official suppliers to demos (business cards, etc.). I assure you, I have them and they say Stampin' Up. And they do leave the same residue as Post-Its.

inkylady 09-03-2004 10:56 AM

If that is OCD, than I am too, because my catalog has them! Makes it so much easier to find stuff, especially the most often used pages, like the color page with all the order numbers on it!! At a recent scrapbook convention I found this vellum overlay about obsessive/compulsive scrapbook store shopping, and it was SOOOO me!

Angie Humphrey 09-03-2004 11:02 AM

If it is obsessive compulsive then I guess I am too. I love that idea. I also love the idea of getting my personal catalog spiral bound. How much does it cost to get that done? What do they do, just cut off the end? I don't have an office depot but I do have a staples. I'm sure they can do the same thing.

webseitler 09-03-2004 11:03 AM

LOL! I usually just memorize my catalog. I can't remember how old I am from year to year or just what year it was that I got married...but I know where to find In Full Bloom and a pack of Eyelets...Oy! :P

I was just thinking of using posty tabs to mark all the cards I want to CASE! ;) Usually, I give them to my customers at workshops to use for themselves as they fill out their wish lists. They need their fingers for writing, not marking pages! ;)

STAMPINSTEL 09-03-2004 01:25 PM

What an awesome idea,I think I may do this to! I agree it's just being organized!