Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   TACconvention: Any news? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tacconvention-any-news-357221/)

pompoentje 06-20-2008 02:52 PM

TACconvention: Any news?

Hi,

This weekend is the TACconvention with the release of the new catalog. Is any girl willing to share all the news?

Linda

jeanstamping2 06-20-2008 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a whole lot of news. I have seen the catalog cover and it's wonderful!!!

I haven't taken time to look through it yet. But I will later on tonight.

The photo below is a card that I made with one of the New Stamp sets.

It's called "Build a flower"

Hopefully there will be more news later to tell you. Sorry I don't have more news.

allamericanstampers 06-20-2008 03:05 PM

I didn't get my copy today...darn it!! I think the ladies are pretty pumped up and too busy to post. We're anxiously awaiting any tidbits that they can break away to share. :grin:

One good thing I heard, was the prices have stayed the same! woo hoo!!

Lisa Loiselle 06-20-2008 03:14 PM

No catty in NC either - poopie! Paper Wings has some info. The GWP and hostess sets look pretty good!

EvaC 06-20-2008 04:29 PM

Heather Scott has this on her blog...it's kinda fuzzy but you can get a general idea of the cover

http://stampez.typepad.com/my_weblog...tion-book.html

EvaC 06-20-2008 04:32 PM

Oh...Jenn has good stuff on her blog....

http://jensinkspot.blogspot.com/2008...catalogue.html

KayInFL 06-20-2008 04:39 PM

Nothing here in sunny FL :( Maybe tomorrow.

Loving the sneaky peeks - I am very excited to see it all in person!

scrappinchick 06-20-2008 06:29 PM

I got my catty today, and my case of catalogs! I was so excited!! I will surely miss having TAC being less than an hour away when I move in 3 weeks! :(

LovemyAngels 06-20-2008 06:33 PM

when will the new one be online?

allamericanstampers 06-20-2008 06:53 PM

It's taken TAC a good week (okay, sometimes more!!) to get all the new stuff uploaded in the past. Crossing fingers... :wink:

karentom 06-21-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers (Post 10244736)
It's taken TAC a good week (okay, sometimes more!!) to get all the new stuff uploaded in the past. Crossing fingers... :wink:

I keep checking my website to see if anything is appearing.
Jenns inkspot blog had some great pics. Also a few pics on Paper Wings.

I also read a post that we are carrying a scor-pal tote

Catalog time is always so exciting!
Karen

pompoentje 06-21-2008 10:01 AM

I found some cool pictures on the internet so now I am even more curious!

Linda

Lisa Loiselle 06-21-2008 10:24 AM

Got the catty today. First impression is that it's just okay. I might feel differently after I spend the next several hours pouring over it, lol!

LovemyAngels 06-21-2008 10:56 AM

Are there any new tools?? Share the stamps what do they look like?

allamericanstampers 06-21-2008 11:01 AM

Hey Linda! I am pacing up and down waiting for our mailman!! I am even more excited because KayinFL sent me a note that atleast one of my card submissions made it into the catty! woohoo!! (Thanks Kay)

pompoentje 06-21-2008 11:34 AM

Wow Chris!

That's great news! Hope to see your submission soon! (and the catty offcourse);)

Linda:D

jeanstamping2 06-21-2008 11:35 AM

I got mine yesterday, And sat down last night with it. I *Love* the cover of the catgalog!

And so far I've counted only 25 New stamp sets. We have a new "Kitty" Stamp set. that is Darn cute!!

So for those of us that Love Cat's this should be a Must for us.

The New Designer Paper is totally Awesome!!!

There some New Christmas set. A New Beach Stamp set. A New Asian Stamp set.

Not as many Floral Stamps. Couple new Tools, We now carry StazOn Cleaner.

Carrying bag for the Scor-pal Tool

I have a copy of the Catalog on my blog as well. I haven't put up anything else yet.

I think it will be a good Catalog season.

Overall, It's Very cool!!

Lisa Loiselle 06-21-2008 11:49 AM

Let's see if I can summarize things. There's some nice info in the beginning of the catty about layouts, paper packs & how TAC differs from other companies. The GWPs and hostess sets are word heavy. There are a few solid image hostess sets with designs/swirlies in the middle. There are some cool new paper kits - a circle album kit with a coordinating tin, keepsake album kit, accordion album kit, new paper packs. There are only 35-40 new sets. Many of them have words or swirls. There are several sets that seem to be designed to be used with certain punches. There's a really bizarre vintage set that has a dragon fly, a twig, pears & an eyeball! I totally don't get it. There's a pretty tree set, many sets from the spring supplement (including an udder birthday - woohoo!) The seminar set - Just Dream - is in the catty this year. There are some seasonal sets with small images but not a lot of new holiday sets. Cute pirate sets - has a skull with different hats to put on it. Accessories - there are cardstock strips - bazzil - that are shaped (scalloped, zigzag, etc), twill ribbon packs, a scor-pal carrying case, scalloped oval punches, big bite, some project cards in the back. I'm sure there's more. That was just my second time through!

KayInFL 06-21-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers (Post 10251022)
Hey Linda! I am pacing up and down waiting for our mailman!! I am even more excited because KayinFL sent me a note that atleast one of my card submissions made it into the catty! woohoo!! (Thanks Kay)

Chris, did you get your catty yet? I got mine about an hour ago and now I NEED to know which card is yours! Very exciting news!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...tulationss.gif

LovemyAngels 06-21-2008 01:09 PM

OK when they are going to update the website!! I need a new catalog. I want to be an angel but I need to see the new one. :(

karentom 06-21-2008 01:40 PM

I have put a few things on my blog, and a LOT of things on my wish list.
I am so glad we get to start ordering Monday
....and my husband and I just received our IRS money
WooHoo!
Karen S

allamericanstampers 06-21-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle (Post 10251345)
There's a really bizarre vintage set that has a dragon fly, a twig, pears & an eyeball! I totally don't get it.

;) That's so funny because I like that set although, true, I probably wouldn't use the eyeball but I have a good friend who loves to do artsy ATC cards and I'm sure she could use it!

I LOVE the corner swirl thingees and I am not a swirls person...

Thrilled that the seminar set is in there because I thought those gals were so neat!

And thanks Kay!! I had 3 cards!! yikes! The elephant from Take Pride (which was almost a disaster because I must've had charcoal ink on the stamp when I put on haystack so I got a two toned version but it was already paper pieced and so I just kept up the two toned effect and loved the end result! phew!), the Squiggle Ladybugs (I struggled with that one the most and sent in two verisions because I couldn't decide...) and the Pick of the Patch card...

I love the project ideas through out and overall I think it's a good catalog!

Lisa Loiselle 06-21-2008 02:35 PM

I just went through a 3rd time and I LOVE the project ideas! I probably won't buy a lot of sets out of this catty (famous last words, huh?) but I think my stamping will reach new levels because of the great ideas. I think I'll need to spring for that ginormous coluzzle circle template. I like the seminar girls too. Might spring for them. What's that I hear? Must be the sound of my wish list growing!

kphorse 06-21-2008 02:41 PM

Congrats Chris! Three! WOW You are awesome!

Can't wait to see them, what pages are you on????? 8)

cramgal 06-21-2008 04:33 PM

I love the artsy set with the eye. I want to use the eye to make (eye) (Heart) (ewe) cards or (eye) miss (ewe) substitute pics for words. It can also be used for the ATC cards. I also love the pears, dragonfly, and flower branch that goes with that set. I'm glad it's only $10.95 though. I missed the tree set. I guess its time for round three with the catty. The first two times were rushed. We are still a little word and curlique heavy, but some good sets in there.

karentom 06-21-2008 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=cramgal;10253471]I love the artsy set with the eye. I want to use the eye to make (eye) (Heart) (ewe) cards or (eye) miss (ewe) substitute pics for words. It can also be used for the ATC cards. curlique heavy, but QUOTE]

You have a creative "eye" (grin)
"eye" can't wait to see what you come up with
Karen S

mnhyrkas 06-21-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle (Post 10252603)
I think I'll need to spring for that ginormous coluzzle circle template.

I'm not a demo, but I'm loving the sound of this item!

lgulotta 06-21-2008 05:14 PM

I ALMOST bought an Inkadinkadoo stamp with a tree today at my LSS, and am so glad I resisted because I LOVE the new set with the trees! I think that's my favorite new set, actually. I miss new florals, but do like the few new circle sets and the corner flourishes. And the Scor-pal tote--that's been on my wait-list for a while. Glad to see the bind-it-all still available, too.

kphorse 06-21-2008 05:15 PM

Yahooo in CA, I got my catty today!

Goodies, goodies, goodies galore! Love the new papers and the cute-kewl scrap albums they have too!

pompoentje 06-22-2008 04:58 AM

Are they going to carry more stuff for the Bind it all?

Linda

monkeymama 06-22-2008 06:31 AM

I'm following this thread! Can't wait to get my hands on a new catalog! Or, for now, I'll just settle to hear more news about what's in it! Love those TAC stamps!

Karen99 06-22-2008 06:51 AM

My new catty arrived yesterday!! And I have to tell ya...it's just OK! Nothing really jumped out at me, but everything in it is nice though. I do love the HAPPY DAY set on pg 64, and the new tree set on page 27. The new kitty set is cute, but I'm a dog lover, so nothing new there. But we have such great products in general, that's why I am a demo. I've been receiving pictures from my upline Rita, and she's been taking tons of pix from the convention!! The projects they have done are amazing!! Thank you Rita, for sharing them with your downline!!

allamericanstampers 06-22-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99 (Post 10258005)
My new catty arrived yesterday!! And I have to tell ya...it's just OK! Nothing really jumped out at me, but everything in it is nice though.

;) I found as I went through it a couple of times, I liked more and more. In fact, there really was only one set that left me feeling, "what were they thinking?!" :confused:

Linda...they have acrylic covers to use with the bind it all and I just bought a book at Michaels called Mini Albums from Scrapbook Trends and these would be great for some of those projects. :-D I have not been a scrapbooker but I am getting more and more enamoured by the idea of it!

Lisa Loiselle 06-22-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers (Post 10258253)
;) I found as I went through it a couple of times, I liked more and more. In fact, there really was only one set that left me feeling, "what were they thinking?!" :confused:

Linda...they have acrylic covers to use with the bind it all and I just bought a book at Michaels called Mini Albums from Scrapbook Trends and these would be great for some of those projects. :-D I have not been a scrapbooker but I am getting more and more enamoured by the idea of it!

Lemme guess - was there an eyeball involved ;) ?

allamericanstampers 06-22-2008 09:16 AM

:wink: Nope! It was the retro tag thingees and retro journal...so I guess that makes two...

pompoentje 06-22-2008 10:30 AM

It all sounds great to me! Does anybody have more pictures of the catty to share?

Linda

jeanstamping2 06-22-2008 01:26 PM

Yesterday after picking my sister up. We both sat down and thumbed through it.

She fell in love with a lot of the New stamps, And paper Packs we have.

These are the Stamp and supplies I fell in LOVE with!

1. Paper pack: Penelope: Rich looking colors,

2. Sydney Circle album kit.

3. Stamp: Forever Family

4. Go a Broad stamp.

5. Paper Pack: Wiloughby

6. Woodrowe Keepsake Album kit.

7. Stamp: Love & Laughter.

8. Floral Swirls

9. Linear Sentiments

10. Angelee Paper Pack

11. Audrey Embellishment Jar.

12. Playfull Kitties

13. Fun in the Sun.

14. Retro Tags.

15. Sassy Girl

16. All Occassion Circles.

17. Vintage Christmas.

18. Joy of Christmas.

And all the cool Projects that are listed in the catalog. Those really Rock!!!

And again I *LOVE* the Cover of the Catalog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angie1224 06-22-2008 02:18 PM

I added some images to my blog!
http://www.creativeinkspirations.com/

Enjoy!

Skittl1321 06-22-2008 02:30 PM

Well, I got my catalog yesterday. I wasn't blown away by it- there aren't a ton of new stamps. Our paper just keeps getting better and better- someday I might be able to justify the price.

I love the accordian and circle album kits- but wonder if they come with assembly instructions. I don't think I'd be able to figure out how to put them together.

I shouldn't have trouble staying active, but I also don't have a $5000 order I'm wanting to place :)

Even though there isn't a ton of new things, I think I rate this catalog better than the last one.

pompoentje 06-23-2008 01:36 PM

BTT