Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
That is a big consideration...TAC is still new enough that you won't be competing with alot of other demos for local business.
TAC and SU both started up in 1998. TAC introduced their unmounted stamping system in 1999.

Kimberly
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #82  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
TAC and SU both started up in 1998. TAC introduced their unmounted stamping system in 1999.

Kimberly
I think SU is older than that. And the founder of TAC was at one time a demo for SU (I believe SU, maybe DOTS?) so I don't think that's possible.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #83  
Gabfest Goddess

Can't edit my post- so SU's website says that they started in 1988.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #84  
Pearl-ExPert

I must have mis-read SU's site. I had both of the "about us" pages open. (Ooops!! My bad.)

Kimberly
Old 05-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #85  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kkrenn
I am stumped. I have been thinking about resigning with SU now for a while and this quarter I doubt I will be able to make my minimums so I have been looking at other companies and found TAC. I really love their stuff but I am not sure I want to make the switch.

So TAC fans tell me why I should and SU fans tell me why I shouldn't!

TIA for all of your help, it really hurts sitting on this fence! :0)
Hello Kathy,

The SU minimums may seem large but they really are pretty reasonable and not too hard to make. Are you doing everything you can do, to make the mins.? It WILL take some effort each month but it can be done with little to no stress. You DO have half of the quarter to go and can still make it. Here are some ideas for you:

-Have you contacted every hostess that has ever held a party with you and asked for another party or order?

-Have you contacted every customer that has ever placed an order with you?

-Do you contact the above people with a monthly email newsletter filled with the SU specials, tips and stamping ideas?

Your customers WANT to hear from you as you bring them enjoyment in their hobby. You are filled with creative ideas & projects that they want to know about, see and make. Looking at your gallery you make great stuff. I love the teachers thank you card.....simple but elegant! Now back to more ideas:

-Do you have regular monthly classes? People will come if they know you have them.

-Do you have a stamp club going. -hint- This in itself will make the minimums. If you can't get 10 people together, do a 5 club, but DO a club. My wifes 10 club ended a few months ago and the women loved it so much, had such a ball (and the snacks!) that 8 of the 10 signed up for the new one.

-Have you made goals of what you want to achieve and made a written plan to make them happen?

Any business takes effort and the want to do it. Stampin' Up demonstrators have such a wonderful business, a hobby business. You are doing what you love and helping people have fun. It does not get much better then that.

My wife has been an SU Demo for ten years. One and a half years ago she challenged herself to either make something of her business or get out of it. I am happy to say that she really stepped up to the plate and did it. She is taking me on a cruise next year (her first one ever) because of her efforts. She said to me recently that "this is the business I have always wanted". I am SOOOO proud of her! She does not read the forums much & probably will not see this but Hunni, I am really proud of you! -sorry I had to say it twice-

I do not know you and do not know why you became a SU demo. I hope my suggestions are not too forward or pushy. My reasons for posting are only to let you know, that with a little effort, you can do the Stampin' Up business and make it as big or small as you want while fitting in with your life.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

Awwww...Dan, that was BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope your wife reads this!!! YOu sound like you know alot about her business!! It's great that you are so supportive of her! Way to go!!! Karen.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #87  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Well, ultimately, you will have to do what is best for you.

With that said, here is why I could never leave SU:

Cardstock, ink, markers, ribbon, brads, eyelets, etc all match.
Exclusive items that you cannot get anywhere else, our colored card stock, Simply Scrappin Kits, and designer series papers cannot be purchased at your LSS, hodgepodge hardware, yes, you might be able to find some of the pieces elsewhere but it will cost you more, buttons in our exclusive colors, Watercolor Wonder Crayons in OUR exclusive colors, spectrum pads in our colors, SU only punches, WHEELS that go with OUR stamp sets, the color wheel
Our demo only goodies, Consistency Counts, Great Rewards, Workshop Wizard, Stampin' Success, On Stage
ALL orders from the catalog count towards our minimums, WE can be our own hostess and still have the order count towards the minimum.
The Stampin' Up! website is the most comprehensive of any company out there. We have hundreds of printable patterns at our fingertips, project samples made with OUR products, training, training, and more training, teleconferences to help you better your business
Convention, Leadership, Regionals!!!
Good Luck!!!
I gotta agree with you on all of this... I just love our products, the quality, and I love my inky blocks, too! I could never leave SU!, but there's nothing saying that the other companies aren't good too... I just know what I love, and SU! is just "it" for me.

Visit my Blog!
See my SCS gallery
Old 05-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #88  
Crimping Master

Thank you ladies for such an informative thread! I don't have time to demo anything now...full time job, grad school, family, etc. ...but I would like to in the future! I will be keeping all this information in mind!