Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #41  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile TAC vs SU

You all have great questions and I wish you all the best in finding a GREAT upline
Yes by going to the Corp website to locate a close demonstrator to talk to, keep in mind. You really need to talk to that person one on one.
A lot of you pointed out that you have made contact with a consultant only to find out that they have not gotten back with you. Just image if that person was your upline and the type of support you would get.
Talk to 1-2- or even 3 consultant and also don't be afraid to contact those not close to you or even in another state. You may be surprised that they have a great downline support across the country and even may have a downline in your area and you all could buddy up for ideas and thoughts while being on the same team
Good luck to all of you in finding your true passion. Stamping~~ Scrapbooking---
Stamping Hugs
Nora
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

I'm so sorry about the problems you ladies are having! That's another reason I signed - the demo I worked with did not return my calls or emails. What are people thinking????

As Peggy said, you might have more luck calling the home office. They started offering websites last summer, and I think most of the "business" demos have bought in. There are a bazillion of us hobbyists who haven't. The HO can give you contact information. If you want to see a catty or place an order, any of us here on SCS can help you with that. If you want to host a funshop in your home, contacting the HO would be your best move.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Old 04-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinthedayaway
i am having the same problem i did a show with tac in march and she was horrible. she even brought one of her friends to the show with her without talking to me first. then i found another one about 20 miles away. I emailed her and she wont email me back. im having nothing but trouble with every demo i have contacted so far. I to have learned more here just reading all of your posts then i did from anywhere else. i really am thinking about selling tac, a really good friend of mine sells su and she lives 5 minutes from me so now we would have the best of both worlds. but i cant find anyone to help me. any suggestions
I will say my upline is hundreds of miles away, but if I ever need anything she is a phone call or quick email away. She always gets right back to me. I'm strictly a hobby demo, I only have parties if people twist my arm, but I STILL need an upline who is willing to help me sometimes. I have downline too but I made sure they all understood how I do my stuff. I know how to do orders and get stuff to your house, but I don't do cool fancy clubs or workshops. My downline are all hobbiests too so it's fine.

Ok, my point is you need to find a great upline. And I recomend getting one who is similarly active to how you want to be.

And to the original question, I chose TAC for the low quota and prices. But I spend tons with my SU rep, who I love to pieces. I'd do SU in a heartbeat if the quota was something I could personally buy. And I hardly will touch a different cardstock, SU all the way for that.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

Erin--I hope I don't offend you, but I'm not quite sure it's accurate to say you need an upline who is "similarly active to how you want to be."

I can think of a lot of hobby Angels who really don't keep up with what's going on with TAC, the latest with the specials, how to handle certain issues that arise, don't have business tools handy, etc. If they were to have downline (even hobbyists), they couldn't really help their downline answer questions if they themselves don't keep up with what's going on.

I help my gals get started and get them going with samples, business tools such as ink swatches or paper swatches, handouts (even if for personal use only), etc. I've even got hobbyists under me, but that doesn't stop me from helping them get going. I have a Team Newsletter and keep my Team up-to-speed on changes within the company, and I include the hobbyists because I think they need to know if something has been discontinued or if some announcement has been placed online where they may not have checked.

I guess what I'm saying is two things--your upline doesn't have to be at the same "level" of commitment you are AND if you have an involved/helpful upline who is long-distance that is better than one who isn't in contact with you even if she lives next door.
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Old 04-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Diane, I think many of us do this... We just can't all post our resume here.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:16 AM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Are there any in western MA. Just curious I am in Fitchburg MA . THE CLOSEST ONE TO ME IS IN Leominster not sure of anyone closer by.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #47  
Crimping Master

Chris--I agree totally and didn't even think of it like a resume until I read your comment and went back and read it! Sorry if I offended you! I was trying to give examples to the poster of how a demo can help another when/if she isn't active at the "similar level" (hobby upline with hobby downline, for example).
My TAC Site My BLOG
Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #48  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Well I'm jumping in on the bandwagon here too.

I have been with TAC (The Angel Company) since 2004
I have had one two months were I didn't do any business. And that was the first month I join and Last Christmas.
I am able to meet the minimum every 4 months without any problem,
Things I love about our stamps and supplies
They cost less
They take up less space....
(I took 12 set's of stamps with me on our camping vacation.)
And our Cardstock is cool too!
Scrapbook paper comes in a wide variety of sizes.
I really love the floral stamp the best!

I would like to see more things would together. Like our markers, paper, and inks.

And I have downlines that from GA, IL, MI and MT.
So if you find someone that you want to be your upline contact them and ask them questions.

Even if you can't find one in your area....that shouldn't matter.
As long as they stay incontact with you through the year.

Think about it!!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Are there any special deals going on right now to sign on as a demo? What's being offered, and how much is the kit to start? TIA....Karen
Old 05-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Right now you get the current Stamp of the Month with your kit ("Simply Beautiful") and you get one each of the 4 Spring Fling sets. This goes through May 31st. That's an extra $62 worth of stamps in your kit!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #51  
Polyshrink Goddess

I sent a pm...

rita
Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Rita is an awesome upline! i just signed up under her. I am a hobbyist but she has been so helpful!

What i love about TAC is the lower min. and their stamps. they have some really great sets. and i love how little space they take up.

i do wish they had more coordinating papers and ink.. but oh well not all my stuff is matchy matchy anyways.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rita is my angel. I am toying with being a demo but my sister and I are going to have a book party. She is resposive very quickly to emails and very helpful with all the questions that we have. I am so looking forward to having the book party and working with Rita. It has been a real pleasure so far. Amber
Old 05-17-2007, 02:43 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Although we're still waiting to hear the whole new compensation plan, TAC did assure us that the $100 quota for every FOUR months will stay the same...I think that's a big feature for many of us.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:15 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love TAC designs. I love that they are so much less expensive.

What I don't like is that they are not mounted. I have found them to get easily misplaced, more difficult to clean, and a bit tedious when making lots of cards.

jmo--good luck with your decision!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

I just looked at SU's sneak peek for their new catalog, and even though I was aware of the price increase coming, it was still a shock to see in print a set of 8 stamps that was $30.95. Made me SO glad that TAC is unmounted and for us, we'd pay $15.95 (or $19.95 at the most) for the same set. But we have a new compensation plan coming that is still to be revealed, so our changes will be in another arena that may affect your decision. As mentioned above, the quota will NOT be changing, and that low quota is the reason I signed on in the first place .
TAC demo #2239
Old 05-17-2007, 04:57 AM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

Well, ultimately, you will have to do what is best for you.

With that said, here is why I could never leave SU:

Cardstock, ink, markers, ribbon, brads, eyelets, etc all match.
Exclusive items that you cannot get anywhere else, our colored card stock, Simply Scrappin Kits, and designer series papers cannot be purchased at your LSS, hodgepodge hardware, yes, you might be able to find some of the pieces elsewhere but it will cost you more, buttons in our exclusive colors, Watercolor Wonder Crayons in OUR exclusive colors, spectrum pads in our colors, SU only punches, WHEELS that go with OUR stamp sets, the color wheel
Our demo only goodies, Consistency Counts, Great Rewards, Workshop Wizard, Stampin' Success, On Stage
ALL orders from the catalog count towards our minimums, WE can be our own hostess and still have the order count towards the minimum.
The Stampin' Up! website is the most comprehensive of any company out there. We have hundreds of printable patterns at our fingertips, project samples made with OUR products, training, training, and more training, teleconferences to help you better your business
Convention, Leadership, Regionals!!!
Good Luck!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:09 AM   #58  
Crimping Master

I won't go into the whole list, but if you're thinking about TAC, ask about resources available. We have many of the things Barb mentioned above too--exclusive paper, exclusive chipboard pieces, rewards and incentives, project samples, teleconferences, conventions/retreats, Workshop 101, etc.

If you're worried about whether or not the resources are available, let me answer that for you. They ARE!!!! If you find an awesome upline, she'll help you get hooked up with them too!!!!
My TAC Site My BLOG
Old 05-17-2007, 05:27 AM   #59  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Well, ultimately, you will have to do what is best for you.

With that said, here is why I could never leave SU:

Cardstock, ink, markers, ribbon, brads, eyelets, etc all match.
Exclusive items that you cannot get anywhere else, our colored card stock, Simply Scrappin Kits, and designer series papers cannot be purchased at your LSS, hodgepodge hardware, yes, you might be able to find some of the pieces elsewhere but it will cost you more, buttons in our exclusive colors, Watercolor Wonder Crayons in OUR exclusive colors, spectrum pads in our colors, SU only punches, WHEELS that go with OUR stamp sets, the color wheel
Our demo only goodies, Consistency Counts, Great Rewards, Workshop Wizard, Stampin' Success, On Stage
ALL orders from the catalog count towards our minimums, WE can be our own hostess and still have the order count towards the minimum.
The Stampin' Up! website is the most comprehensive of any company out there. We have hundreds of printable patterns at our fingertips, project samples made with OUR products, training, training, and more training, teleconferences to help you better your business
Convention, Leadership, Regionals!!!
Good Luck!!!
You said it all. I love being a SU demo and love my inky wood blocks.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:06 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Rita....I pm'd you back!! Karen
Old 05-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerh
Erin--I hope I don't offend you, but I'm not quite sure it's accurate to say you need an upline who is "similarly active to how you want to be."

I can think of a lot of hobby Angels who really don't keep up with what's going on with TAC, the latest with the specials, how to handle certain issues that arise, don't have business tools handy, etc. If they were to have downline (even hobbyists), they couldn't really help their downline answer questions if they themselves don't keep up with what's going on.

I help my gals get started and get them going with samples, business tools such as ink swatches or paper swatches, handouts (even if for personal use only), etc. I've even got hobbyists under me, but that doesn't stop me from helping them get going. I have a Team Newsletter and keep my Team up-to-speed on changes within the company, and I include the hobbyists because I think they need to know if something has been discontinued or if some announcement has been placed online where they may not have checked.

I guess what I'm saying is two things--your upline doesn't have to be at the same "level" of commitment you are AND if you have an involved/helpful upline who is long-distance that is better than one who isn't in contact with you even if she lives next door.

Not offended.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:53 AM   #62  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessie126
I love TAC designs. I love that they are so much less expensive.

What I don't like is that they are not mounted. I have found them to get easily misplaced, more difficult to clean, and a bit tedious when making lots of cards.

jmo--good luck with your decision!

TAC at one time had both wood mounted and unmoutned stamps.

They stopped selling the wood mounted because more people were buying the unmounted stamps.
There was a big differents between the wood mounted stamps and the unmounted stamps.

So I think this is why they went unmounted totally.

I know some of my customer miss not having a choice between the two.
But I do like the fact that our Unmounted stamps Cost less and are easy to store.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 AM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
But I do like the fact that our Unmounted stamps Cost less and are easy to store.
For me, that was 2 of the biggest factors for me--the price & the small area needed for storage space.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:13 AM   #64  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

There was a big different's between the wood mounted stamps and the unmounted stamps.
This should have read a big differents in Prices
Just for example: Unmounted $19.95 and Wood mounted $39.95

Unmounted $4.95 and wood mounted $10.95

This was back when I joined in 2004
Old 05-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #65  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to mariewick

The decision is up to you. As long as you have someone you can purchase from someone it's all about the mins. Also how much do you buy from either company. I am a SU demo and I purchase things from TAC I love both companies. If I wasn't a demo with one I'd be a demo with the other. It all just matters how much you want to spend or have to spend yourself on the mins.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #66  
Glitter Queen

Smile

You really need to go over the agreement with each company, after you pour over the catalogs and see which you like the best. Then you can make an informed decision based on your own likes/dislikes and wants/needs. I just signed up with SU because I have used their products for almost two decades and continue to love them, and their demo. agreement worked well for my life situation. I really hate the acrylic and see the only good thing about them is less storage space- but I have no problem with making room for anything I love in my home LOL. It's all about what you love!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #67  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaMom9
You really need to go over the agreement with each company, after you pour over the catalogs and see which you like the best. Then you can make an informed decision based on your own likes/dislikes and wants/needs. I just signed up with SU because I have used their products for almost two decades and continue to love them, and their demo. agreement worked well for my life situation. I really hate the acrylic and see the only good thing about them is less storage space- but I have no problem with making room for anything I love in my home LOL. It's all about what you love!
I *so* agree!!! I love SU images, but haven't actually been able to look at a TAC catalog to compare the two.

If I didn't like SU images or product line, then I wouldn't be with them. You have to love who your with!! If you are having trouble with the quotas, but still love SU products, maybe you need to look at sharing a demo ship with another.

If you *love* TAC images, then that's a big factor!! Go for it! It is true they are less saturated than SU.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 05-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #68  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaMom9

Not jumping on your toes..But I thought I would share this:
Some people think TAC stamps are Clear Acrylic....
They are NOT clear...They are made out of Rubber (Blue or Purple Rubber) and are deeply etched. much like SU and other wood mounted stamps.

Our stamps come with Ez-mount foam (Creative Cling)
We use a Acrylic block instead of a wood block for our stamps. Or you can use anything with a smooth surface.

I don't really like the Clear Stamps either.. I have a few but only a few!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

OK - it really comes down to two things...

1 - how you prefer to stamp - wood mounted or unmounted with Acrylic blocks

2- image and accessories - do you like them??

You also need to take a look at the compensation plans...what is the discount and what applies to your sales for the month...

Correct me if I am wrong but pretty much anything but supplies counts for your totals with SU...and you have the flat 20%

whereas with TAC the % is different - you can get a higher % off for your personal stuff BUT it doesn't count towards your sales...

If nothing else no one says you have to be a demo...you could just quit and "play the field"
Old 05-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #70  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=Jenmouer]
Correct me if I am wrong but pretty much anything but supplies counts for your totals with SU...and you have the flat 20%

whereas with TAC the % is different - you can get a higher % off for your personal stuff BUT it doesn't count towards your sales...
QUOTE]

As a TAC demo you can place orders at a 25% discount and have 100% of that order (at retail value) count toward your $100 4-month minumum and you also receive the free GWP stamps and any other hostess benefits that are earned. The only thing that wouldn't count toward your minimum, is if you placed a demo-discout order at 30% off and many demos only do this if they have met their minimum and don't want or need to earn points toward other benefits.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Oops! Sorry that I messed up the quote before. This is how it should have read:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer

As a TAC demo you can place orders at a 25% discount and have 100% of that order (at retail value) count toward your $100 4-month minumum and you also receive the free GWP stamps and any other hostess benefits that are earned. The only thing that wouldn't count toward your minimum, is if you placed a demo-discout order at 30% off and many demos only do this if they have met their minimum and don't want or need to earn points toward other benefits.

Basically, every four months you can place a $100 retail order, you earn 25% of that, which is $25 and you have already met your minimum.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #72  
Rubber Obsessor

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! (insert crying face here) I LOVE the quality of TAC stamps and my Angel (hello Chris!) but I can't be a demo because I live in Canada. Wouldn't it be great if they announced they were crossing the border?
Nikkii
I try never to let housework interfere with stamping
Old 05-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #73  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkii
Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! (insert crying face here) I LOVE the quality of TAC stamps and my Angel (hello Chris!) but I can't be a demo because I live in Canada. Wouldn't it be great if they announced they were crossing the border?
Nikkii
I try never to let housework interfere with stamping
I'm right with you Nikkii! I didn't even want to have a TAC catty because I know it would be another obsession like SU and I try to avoid paying those horrible border charges. I did break down though and ended up ordering a set from Chris this week (a card I saw here)! My husband thinks I'm crazy. There was talk on another thread about the possibility of ??maybe?? expansion into Canada. I am SO hoping that they do. I called and talked to someone and was told that there are no plans to expand to Canada (not that they would say anything if there was to be an unveiling of any sort) as the shipping is so expensive up here. Do they not realize that a lot of us stampers would be willing to pay a higher S&H for goodies we *need*? LOL But seriously, if that is the case I can totally understand from a business point of view not wanting to drop a load of $ for expansion to have poor results due to S&H issues.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #74  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, I'm heavily thinking about becoming a TAC angel...We have tons of SU demos in my area, but I don't know of any TAC ones... that might be a very good thing!!! Should I or shouldn't I?????
Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

TAC at one time had both wood mounted and unmoutned stamps. They stopped selling the wood mounted because more people were buying the unmounted stamps. There was a big differents between the wood mounted stamps and the unmounted stamps. So I think this is why they went unmounted totally.
I know some of my customer miss not having a choice between the two. But I do like the fact that our Unmounted stamps Cost less and are easy to store.
Hey! I leave my SU stamps unmounted, ask your TAC customers if they want to buy all my blocks. WOW! Everybody is happy that way. Maybe we could set up a thread for the exchange.

~ Kathy

Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #76  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikimom
Hey! I leave my SU stamps unmounted, ask your TAC customers if they want to buy all my blocks. WOW! Everybody is happy that way. Maybe we could set up a thread for the exchange.

~ Kathy
They would still have to purchase foam that has a both side sticky for the wood blocks to work.

Those customer haven't purchase from me since we went to unmounted rubber stamps.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99
Ok, I'm heavily thinking about becoming a TAC angel...We have tons of SU demos in my area, but I don't know of any TAC ones... that might be a very good thing!!! Should I or shouldn't I?????
That is a big consideration...TAC is still new enough that you won't be competing with alot of other demos for local business. And, with the $100 sales quota every four months...that gives you time to build up your business. Plus, we carry enough of different items from SU and CTMH that you can still overlap with those stampers that buy from other companies.

I'm in the DC area and there are not many other demos (especially active ones) around here at all.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Chris, I'm in Maryland. With DC as big as it is, and you don't have that many demo's, this might be a good time to make the leap!!! Thanks. K
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

They would still have to purchase foam that has a both side sticky for the wood blocks to work. Those customer haven't purchase from me since we went to unmounted rubber stamps.
Well, if anyone else is interested, I will also send the sticky foam that comes with the SU rubber since I switch to the cling foam anyway.

~ Kathy

Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #80  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99
Chris, I'm in Maryland. With DC as big as it is, and you don't have that many demo's, this might be a good time to make the leap!!! Thanks. K
Take the leap, Karen! Take the leap!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21