Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflake
I was just reading through this thread and I have a few stupid questions.
I have some clear stamps from Anna Griffin and I think Sassafrass. Sometimes I have a hard time getting a clear image especially with Anna's stamps.
I do, as well with the AG clear stamps I bought from QVC. Unfortunately, I don't think they are made with a very good quality clear polymer or possibly they are made from low grade silicone? They don't stamp as nicely as I wish they did.

Quote:

So what is this EZ mount you talk about? I have never heard of it. Does it go between the stamp and the block?
Yes. Here's a link that will show you what it is, how to use it, etc.:

http://www..com/cushion
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #42  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have TONs of red rubbah UM's. I have put all of them on foam after trying the poster tape. Maybe I am a dork, but I found that I was inking up the edges of the stamp and ruining my image when I stamped it. Maybe it's b/c I am a little shaky? It seems I make no mistakes or inked edges since I mounted them all on EZ.

Personally, I found the tape a PITA, I did it for about 1 year. It's all about personal preference babe.

I'd say, try them with the tape and if you don't like the results, you can still change it.

Can't wait to see what you are up too!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #43  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

One more thing, the poster tape hinders the view through the block, that bugged me too.

But to each her own!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

OK, I am trying to jump on the unmounted bandwagon because I desperately need the storage space for other stuff. But it drives me crazy that I don't have an image to look at when I'm stamping, KWIM? For instance, I decided to go unmounted with Circle of Friendship. Good Lord, how would I know which way to place the stamp, it's circular for crying out loud. I finally cut the rubber, and then placed the sticker on the sticky part of the rubber so I can see which way they go.....Does that make sense? I am hoping the sticker will have the cling needed to stick to the acrylic block. Any input from you pros?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #45  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonda
OK, I am trying to jump on the unmounted bandwagon because I desperately need the storage space for other stuff. But it drives me crazy that I don't have an image to look at when I'm stamping, KWIM? For instance, I decided to go unmounted with Circle of Friendship. Good Lord, how would I know which way to place the stamp, it's circular for crying out loud. I finally cut the rubber, and then placed the sticker on the sticky part of the rubber so I can see which way they go.....Does that make sense? I am hoping the sticker will have the cling needed to stick to the acrylic block. Any input from you pros?
Hrm, an ongoing issue. I make 2 horizontal marks on the EZ or rubbah or whatever. I always have a scratch pad close at hand and test every stamp once before I go for the real thing. I line the block up with the bottom of the paper (or the side). That way I can see if the image is wonky and needs to be repositioned or just adjusted by sight.

Make sense?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
Okay, I'm jumping in to this discussion! Use the EZ cling...you have to cut the rubber images out anyways...so you slap it on and cut. I've had mine for 4 years and they still stick wonderfully. But they STICK with out stickiness, if you know what I mean!?!? No dust, dog/cat hair, etc...gets stuck to it that way. I also like to feel a little cushion because when I stamp rubber against a block...it just feels too darn close to the paper for my taste...
yep what she said!!!!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 09-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa
I have TONs of red rubbah UM's. I have put all of them on foam after trying the poster tape. Maybe I am a dork, but I found that I was inking up the edges of the stamp and ruining my image when I stamped it. Maybe it's b/c I am a little shaky? It seems I make no mistakes or inked edges since I mounted them all on EZ.

Personally, I found the tape a PITA, I did it for about 1 year. It's all about personal preference babe.

I'd say, try them with the tape and if you don't like the results, you can still change it.
I always seem to get ink on the edges of the acrylic mounts where I don't want it, when using clear stamps, so, now that you mention that, I may indeed prefer a bit of loft the cushion would provide. I haven't had a problem with smudging, but I live in constant fear that I'm gonna teeter that darn block ever so slightly and get an ink blem on the project. Drives me nuts!

Quote:

Can't wait to see what you are up too!
No good, that's what!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #48  
Crimping Master

Julie--just a suggestion if you haven't done anything yet...

Don't trim your stamp really close without the Creative Cling, thinking you'll use it without. If you decide you don't like it and want to mount it on the cushion, it will be difficult to cut the cushion the same as the stamp if it's already as close as you can get. JMHO.

Sunnysnowflake--with clear stamps, you'll never get a clean, crisp image like you will with true rubber. The TAC stamps Julie is asking about is rubber. I'm not sure about using Creative Cling on clear stamps. I've used clear stamps, but I've never added cushion.

HTH!
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Old 09-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #49  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Thanks, Diane.

I have been slooooooow to decide which route to take . . .

Good thing, eh?!