Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tac it Over and Over vs. Grafix

I am in the process of unmounting my stamps. I have used the Grafix - and seems to work OK, not quite as good as EZ mount, but still a good option. I don't want to use EZ mount on all the stamps. I can't see tearing off a perfectly good cusion. I am now trying Arlenes Tac it Over and Over. My questions are:
1. How long do you have to let it dry?
2. It seems to stick too well when placed in the cd case, but sticks perfectly on the acrylic blocks. Do you have to remove some of the taciness before placing in the ccd case?

Thanks - Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I prefer EZMount hands down. But have used the vinyl cling too. As for Arlene's, it seems I had to let it sit over night to dry and then it was recommended that you place it on your jeans/pants/cotton to get some lint on the sticky side. This made it not so sticky (but still too sticky in my opinion) and it still clinged to the acrylic blocks. I just don't like it. Drop one on the floor and you will find out how not clean your floor really is!! :rolleyes: And it picks up cat hair very easily. One of my cats will sit on my lap while I stamp and the Tac It Over stamps get covered in her hair. And one of the other cats likes to lick the Tac It stamps for some reason.:???:

If I want to reuse the foam currently on the stamp, I use vinyl cling. If the stamp is unmounted or the foam is bad, I use EZMount. I get both from Sunday International.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I've only needed to let it dry for an hour or less, but I use my fingers or a brush (or sometimes an expired credit card) to spread it thin. Which leaves me sticking to everything!

After the glue dries, I usually then stick the stamps to the back of my hand a couple of times to de-stickify the glue a bit. Which, if you think about it, is pretty disgusting - I'm using my own dead skin cells to make the glue not stick quite so well.

Or, you could think of it as exfoliation, and call it a spa treatment I suppose.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found that Tack it OVer becomes permanent over time, so I stopped using it.

I agree with Palapala in using vinyl cling for stamps that already have cushion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

When unmounting a stamp, what type of adhesive do you use to attach the grafiX? The old adhesive doesn't appear strong enogh to hold the Grafix. I use the grafix on my new stamps becausse the adhesive is new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KARROT
When unmounting a stamp, what type of adhesive do you use to attach the grafiX? The old adhesive doesn't appear strong enogh to hold the Grafix. I use the grafix on my new stamps becausse the adhesive is new.
Hmmm.... I've nuked mine in the Micro first and it seems there was plenty of glue left on the foam. I'm not sure what to use for a glue. Sorry :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

I use Grafix on my unmounted sets and EZ mount for the sets I unmount. I just can't seem to "peel" my mounted sets from the wood without losing lots of glue and some cushion. So I have gotten were I don't even try.
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Be sure you microwave before you peel!

I tried the Tack It a couple of years ago and it convinced me I would never go unmounted. Dirty, messy, sticky, mucked up my blocks, picked up dirt and on and on. Hated it. Found the Grafix and EZ mount and unmounted everything and have loved it completely.
Reply With Quote Likes