Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ? for TAC demos, re: paper/ink (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/tac-demos-re-paper-ink-189982/)

anniesmom 10-10-2006 04:11 AM

? for TAC demos, re: paper/ink

Since SU/CTMH have exclusive coordinating colors for their paper and inks how has this affected your business since TAC does not? Do customers seem to mind? Do you think TAC will ever come out with their own line of matching paper and inks? I truly do not mean this to be a dig against TAC. I think TAC has wonderful stamps and I have quite a few. I have just wodered about this.

Momofoneson 10-10-2006 04:35 AM

I love, love, love the papers TAC has. Not a demo here, but those papers are gorgeous. I do not think it hurts their business. The inks are palette which in my humble opinion are the best on the market.

allamericanstampers 10-10-2006 04:42 AM

And, actually, the palette inks do match our exclusive papers with do match the textured cardstock (80#) we carry from Die Cuts with a View!! :grin:

If you send me an email, I can send you a tentative list that has ink/paper matches.

dianerh 10-10-2006 05:02 AM

I've heard more people say they have a chance to be creative and not feel confined to a box because of which colors/papers are "supposed" to go together. That said, however, it's just like Chris mentioned--the inks and papers really DO match! And like Terri said, customers love our exclusive papers! :-)

Faereygirl 10-10-2006 05:04 AM

They do match, they're just not in specific families like the SU ones are so I do have a titch of trouble trying to figure out which ones to buy at times, but I figure I will have them all soon enough....so might as well just get them all! ;)

lgulotta 10-10-2006 05:39 AM

I have had a hard time matching the pink in the Gentle Beginnings pad with a solid pink of DCWV. I don't think the light pink DCWV matches at all with the pink in the GB pad. I hear that they are supposed to match, but then for me they don't, and I don't get it. I have had the same problem with other Designer Collection pads as well. Maybe my DCWV is a different dye lot? I find I use the same combos over and over, the ones that do match, but I wish it were a little easier to coordinate. I am glad we are moving in that direction, though.

allamericanstampers 10-10-2006 05:59 AM

Lauri, how about the Bazzill paper...especially the Pinks and Red Violets we carry? I don't have all the designer papers myself but so far with the Rustic Chic and Vintage Holiday I've been super happy with the matches. And the Frutti Fusion had a perfect match with my inks. But you guys are definately right, its not like picking from a color family!

PS. I've also found the colored cardstock packages from Walmart make good matches! :wink: I stocked up on the Sedona (by Paperbilities) and its great fall colors!

momofdbl 10-10-2006 06:25 AM

Not a problem here either, the TAC papers are awesome and my ink of choice is the palettes which I am slowly getting all of them especially the spots.

Jovi 10-10-2006 07:20 AM

It is a bit confusing and overwhelming at first trying to figure out what �matchs�, but eventually I was able to find what Palette Inks coordinate with the DCWV & Bazzill cardstock� plus I just bought all the BazzInnks so that makes it much easier when using Bazzill. ;)

I know someone posted a color matching chart somewhere� I�ll see if I could find it ~ .

Jovi 10-10-2006 07:29 AM

Here is the color chart that Jennifer (another TAC demo) made:
http://story.caseyhouse.net/tac/colormatching.htm

She has listed what inks and cardstocks coordinate with the designer papers, hopefully you find it helpful.

I use my Palette Pads with SU and CTMH cardstock, they don�t match exactly, but they look great together! :rolleyes:

Mahloumel 10-10-2006 07:54 AM

I am not a huge fan of how flexible the DCWV textured cardstock that I've used is. Is the exclusive DCWV CS that TAC uses different from the CS in the cardmaking stacks that DCWV makes? I adore the patterns and textures, but using that CS as a card base makes for a floppy card in my experience.

Jovi 10-10-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
I am not a huge fan of how flexible the DCWV textured cardstock that I've used is. Is the exclusive DCWV CS that TAC uses different from the CS in the cardmaking stacks that DCWV makes? I adore the patterns and textures, but using that CS as a card base makes for a floppy card in my experience.

The DCWV c/s stacks that you can purchase at Joann�s..etc is the same weight c/s that TAC offers. I agree with you, its light weight. ;)

Mahloumel 10-10-2006 08:23 AM

Thank you for letting me know. :)

Momofoneson 10-10-2006 09:06 AM

Their cardstock was meant for scrapbooking actually and it is the perfect weight for that. It is thicker than the blank cards I buy at AC Moore with the envelopes so I have used it for cards. I am not too concerned with flimsy cards since most people are only going to throw them away anyway.

allamericanstampers 10-10-2006 09:43 AM

Thanks Jovi for posting that link! I had saved it originally to my hard drive but didn't have the address anymore where it came from! :wink:

I guess I have always been a cheapo when it comes to paper (ie. see that I buy paper from Walmart!! :grin:) but I find the 80# paper from DieCuts with a View is still good for cards. Those are the papers we carry in single color packages. I guess you could always just use it as a card front and attach it to a sturdier, white cardstock. Which would be good anyways if you are using a darker color for writing an inside message...

Mahloumel 10-10-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momofoneson
Their cardstock was meant for scrapbooking actually and it is the perfect weight for that. It is thicker than the blank cards I buy at AC Moore with the envelopes so I have used it for cards. I am not too concerned with flimsy cards since most people are only going to throw them away anyway.

I have a DCWV cardmaking kit that contains 6x6 card bases, and I reserve this kit exclusively for my DH so far because it is a 'love-love' kit :). He keeps everything I make him. :mrgreen: At this large size the floppy paper is very noticeable, moreso than the large Halcraft card bases I buy from Mikes. I'm sure it would be great to convert the kit into a 6x6 scrapping kit, but I got it for cards. If DCWV CS is meant for scrapping more than cardmaking, I wish they would let us know on their cardmaking kits.

Jovi 10-10-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
I find the 80# paper from DieCuts with a View is still good for cards. Those are the papers we carry in single color packages. I guess you could always just use it as a card front and attach it to a sturdier, white cardstock. Which would be good anyways if you are using a darker color for writing an inside message...

So it is 80# paper?! That�s surprising... :shock: I didn�t realize that it was the same weight as Bazzill and the other c/s that TAC offers (Brown, Navy, and Scarlet). It just seems so much lighter!

I still use it for cards, I prefer to use Bazzill, but I hate to layer untop of Bazzill� that would get a little pricey! :rolleyes:

anniesmom 10-10-2006 10:39 AM

THanks everyone for the responses. The color chart will be helpful.

Gina K. Designs 10-10-2006 04:46 PM

I love SU's and CTMH's Coordinated papers and inks but I also love the idea of mixing what I like. (Which I do all the time anyway!) Tac has beautiful paper that matches with SU ink and CTMH ink as well as the Palettes. It's so fun to mix and match between companies too!
Gina K.