Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snap Stamps!!

For those that have the snap stamps what sizes do you primarily use. I cannot decide between the 1/8" or 1/4"?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

This may sound nuts, but I have 2 sets each of the 1/8" and the 1/4" alphabets. As for which I use more, it's a toss-up. I generally use the 1/8" for the fronts of my cards, and the 1/4" for inside messages. I decided to get 2 sets of each so I can leave the most frequently used words together (happy birthday, thank you) and speed up the whole process of snap stamps... IMO, the 1/8" are too small for a sentiment, and sometimes the 1/4" are too big for a quick message on the front...just my 2�.
I ordered mine from KT Crafts (scroll down about halfway to see the snap stamps), and got them quickly! They are also running a coupon code: 15% off orders using Coupon code : KT100.
HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 05:55 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Thanks for the site and coupon code, gotta try these snap
stamps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 06:12 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I also have 2 sets of both the 1/8" & 1/4". I think I use the 1/8" the most but use the 1/4" frequently also. If you are going to get them it is well worth it to get 2 sets so you don't run out of letters so often!

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #5  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the snap stamps (also bought from KTCrafts - LOVE them! Great low-cost shipping, great CS) in both 1/8" & 1/4". IF I were going to limit myself to one set, I'd buy the smaller because I use if more for card fronts and the smaller size is perfect for sentiments on the Word Window punch out. But, you can't go wrong with both sizes - they're inexpensive and easy to use.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Cool

Funny, I was just having this debate this morning and ended up buying the 1/4. Wish I would have read this message two hours ago! Oh well, I'll have to see how they work and order the smaller ones another time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinboilermaker
This may sound nuts, but I have 2 sets each of the 1/8" and the 1/4" alphabets. As for which I use more, it's a toss-up. I generally use the 1/8" for the fronts of my cards, and the 1/4" for inside messages. I decided to get 2 sets of each so I can leave the most frequently used words together (happy birthday, thank you) and speed up the whole process of snap stamps... IMO, the 1/8" are too small for a sentiment, and sometimes the 1/4" are too big for a quick message on the front...just my 2�.
I ordered mine from KT Crafts (scroll down about halfway to see the snap stamps), and got them quickly! They are also running a coupon code: 15% off orders using Coupon code : KT100.
HTH!
Good idea!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I use the 1/4 casual the most. I have both 1/4 and 1/8. I think I'm going to use the coupon code to get the 1/4 classic. Thanks for sharing the coupon code.

SAHM and SU! Demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I have both. I got the 1/4 casual ones first and use them quite often, however I think the letters are spaced kinda far apart. I recently got the 1/8 casual and haven't had a chance to use them much but I like the spacing on them much better. They fit nice in the word window punch too!
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got some, but I'm not so sure I like using them; took FOREVER for me to spell out what I wanted to say . . . :confused: (I have two sets, so I can pretty much spell everything I want, and both are the Mini formal, 1/8")

By the time I got done, I used it once, and now dunno if I'll ever use 'em again . . .

Of course, I'm pretty lazy, so . . . :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if I'd be more inclined to use the ones that have revolving letters . . . :confused: (you know, similar to the date stampers, but with alpha letters, 12 spaces, etc. . . . )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #11  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, like many others, have two sets of both sizes. I would say that I use the 1/8" more.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Personally, I have one set of each size in the casual font. I don't think I've ever used the 1/4" ones. It is kinda time consuming, but sometimes it's worth it. If you need/want a specific sentiment or are making a number of the same card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

what are snap stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

I use the 1/4 casual the most, but I need 1/8 formal and the numbers. Just waiting for that tax money to come back.

Snap stamps are letter or number stamps that snap together like legos. They are great for keeping stright lines and you can spell out anything you want to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I'm wondering if I'd be more inclined to use the ones that have revolving letters . . . :confused: (you know, similar to the date stampers, but with alpha letters, 12 spaces, etc. . . . )
Have you seen any of these anywhere?? Before I start doing a search just thought I'd check to see if you've already located something nice! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks, I was thinking the 1/8inch but for some reason I was thinking they were gonna be to small I think these would be fun to use with my bella stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaC
Have you seen any of these anywhere?? Before I start doing a search just thought I'd check to see if you've already located something nice! ;)
For the life of me, I can't recall who the maker was, but, I did indeed see one at Michael's about 2 weeks ago when I finally got off the Rock!!! It was just above the rolling stamps that had a bunch of pre-fab words on them (various fonts).

It was about $14-15, I think???? . . . I was scoping out the Just Rite Stampers versions and they are $39.95 :shock: ouch!

I shoulda' bought the one I saw at Michael's on the spot . . . (kicking self . . . )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

I got a revolving stamp and I believe it was made by Provocraft. Honestly I hardly ever use it. I find the dial hard to move and it hurts my fingers. Love my snap stamps though! I have the casual and formal in 1/8".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

I have casual and formal in 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 inch sizes. I find I use the 1/4 the most and just bought a second set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #20  
Stamping is a Hoot!

I love my snap stamps, hate my revolving stamps! (at least the revolving stamps where you spell your word you want to add to the card.) Why??? The snap stamps are great, yes it can take a little while to make up your word but not all that long and I like the suggestion of buying 2 sets so you can keep some words together all the time thus saving some time - I think I might have to do this. I have most of the snap stamps avail - formal & casual in 1/8" & 1/4" and then casual in 1/2" and formal in 1" - I don't use the later all that often but I have used them and they are handy to have. My most used would be my 1/8" I also like combining the formal with the casual - eg. formal for the first letter of the word and then casual for the rest - then it looks like you have a capital letter for the first one. You can also remove the rubber from one of the stamps if you want to so you have the perfect spacing when stamping phrases. I have used these heaps and have never had any problems with overstamping and being that they are smallish they are easy to stamp exactly where I want them.

Rolling stamps - I have 2 from provocraft, I bought these before snap stamps came out and now wish I hadn't cause I never use now - first up it can still takes time (longer in my opinion Julie) to create your word. You don't have the option to spell really long phrases like you would snap stamps. You have to ink the rolling ones very careful so you don't get overstamping - arghhhhhh!!!!! and being that these are bulky it is harder to place your word or phrase exactly where you want it.

I did recently buy a whole heap of multistamp roller type stamps from EK success - these don't give you the option of making up your own words but do have some great words - these were really cheap (for Australia anyway) so I got all but one and my friend got me that one last week - I love these ones and have not problems with overstamping if that helps anyone. But my favs would still be those snap stamps for sure!!!!!!!!

I Design for Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

OK, Frances.

I will learn to love my Snap Stamps.

Especially since I already have them. :mrgreen:

I appreciate hearing the input by those that have purchased the revolving alpha stamps, too!

Thanks everybody!
Reply With Quote Likes