Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SweetMissDaisy should be a dirty girl! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/sweetmissdaisy-should-dirty-girl-115928/)

PenelopePitstop 01-28-2006 05:04 AM

SweetMissDaisy should be a dirty girl!

O.K. So for awhile now everytime I'm lurking in the gallery something by SweetMissDaisy has caught my eye. She does fabulous work.

Since we don't know who is going to fill Michelle Laycock's empty spot (like any one ever really could ;) ), I think that we should start a campaign to have Anna Wright (aka sweetmissdaisy) be the new dirty girl.

allamericanstampers 01-28-2006 05:18 AM

Second that motion! :grin:

I am instantly drawn to all of her work...beautiful!!

CardFanatic 01-28-2006 05:21 AM

The new dirty girl has already been chosen... maybe it's Anna :) I agree that she should be a dirty girl... if not this month then soon!!!

allee's 01-28-2006 05:43 AM

She certainly gets my vote!! I love each and every card she shares with us here on SCS!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Jeanne S 01-28-2006 06:06 AM

Anna has my vote too! I just love her stuff.

mamakimberly 01-28-2006 06:07 AM

Me too! :)

Of course, I am still rooting for Emilymomto3boys!!! :)

trudee 01-28-2006 06:09 AM

I'm sure it won't be long....

MamaK...I like EmilyBOMB too ;)

Rox71 01-28-2006 06:17 AM

Oh you girls, I got one of Anna's cards in the mail yesterday and even though I've always admired her work and knew it would be gorgous I gasp when I looked at the card. I set it on my table where I was working and thought to myself..."she could be a dirty dozen girl easily". I vote yes!

If anyone wants inspiration for decorative paper, her gallery is the place to go. She does great work on all her cards and if you think I'm kidding just take a look for yourself.
Sweetmissdaisy's Gallery

Julia S 01-28-2006 07:45 AM

I was just thinking the same thing! I'm sure that she will be chosen soon if not already. There's lots of other great talent here too. I think that Jeanne and Trudee and Emily and Jami are on the short list too.

kerryp 01-28-2006 07:48 AM

I completely agree! Her work is fantabulous!

hotflash 01-28-2006 08:38 AM

I so totally agree, I love Annas' work as well as Emilys'.

StampinStacy 01-28-2006 08:53 AM

YAY, Anna! Your work is awesome, girl!! (I have saved Anna's, Emily's, and MamaK's entire gallery as bookmarked under my "favorites.") All you ladies are awesome!!!

Barbra1224 01-28-2006 08:59 AM

I completely agree! I finally just bookmarked her gallery because she was filling up my faves! Her work is awesome!

Rox71 01-28-2006 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia S
I was just thinking the same thing! I'm sure that she will be chosen soon if not already. There's lots of other great talent here too. I think that Jeanne and Trudee and Emily and Jami are on the short list too.

All the names you mentioned are great talents but I must say your work is not to be overlooked either. You amaze me!

jstarbright 01-28-2006 10:30 AM

Oh my gosh maybe they need to make it the Dirty Dozen Doubles because I am so surprised texasjodylynn doesn't have a dirty chair warmed up already. And tashers can't be far behind once she starts showing more of her original drawings and artistic abilities. Jami just blows me away when she stamps anything! And you too Miss Jeanne, you have my vote and since Julia had the baby she has made some awesome jaw dropping cards! Emily will be there too one day of that I am certain. Oooopps look at me carry on here!

SweetMissDaisy 01-28-2006 02:22 PM

Hey now ... who said you could start a thread about me, and not invite me to chime in!? Hmm....

But seriously, I am *truly* honored that ya'll think I should be dirty ... in fact, I'd LOVE to be filthy dirty!! But, I'm not alone. There are so many fantastic stampers who are as favored for a Dirty Girl title.

I've never felt so welcomed by a community of people like I feel here. You ladies are an amazing group. Earlier in the week I was feelin' the blahs -- 5 minutes on SCS and I'd forgotten the blahs...not to mention doing the housework. ;)

Thank you for such an overwhelmingly amazing response to my work. I'm so glad that there are SOO many fantastic artists gathered on this site that all of us can all share inspiration with. Not one of us would be as fine a'stamper as we are without the work being shared here on SCS. So, a BIG thank you to everyone.

Now, I've gotta go stamp! :rolleyes:

mmferg 01-28-2006 02:48 PM

I TOTALLY agreel!!!!! I love your work Anna :)

I also have her gallery book marked and make a point to visit at least once a week :)

jkincolorado 01-28-2006 03:23 PM

I'm one of Anna's stalkers....er, I mean admirers, too! I check out her gallery daily! (I also have it bookmarked) She's FABULOUS!

She definitely has my vote for Dirty Girl '06! :D

PenelopePitstop 01-28-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisy
Hey now ... who said you could start a thread about me, and not invite me to chime in!? Hmm....

I sort of told you... I put a comment on your completely awesome and fantastically cute chicken card. I said that you should be dirty. And as soon as I was done commenting there, I thought I'd start a campaign.

CardFanatic 01-28-2006 06:51 PM

Cute... Jenny K has a campaign going :)

So far listed on this thread, the following people are in the running for getting dirty:

MissSweetDaisy
emilymomto3boys
Jeanne S
trudee
Jami
mamakimberly
Julia S
texasjodylynn

I'd like to add jsbrooketrout. She has been on fire! Here's the link to her gallery.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=14607

SweetMissDaisy 01-28-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Cute... Jenny K has a campaign going :)

So far listed on this thread, the following people are in the running for getting dirty:

MissSweetDaisy
emilymomto3boys
Jeanne S
trudee
Jami
mamakimberly
Julia S
texasjodylynn

I'd like to add jsbrooketrout. She has been on fire! Here's the link to her gallery.

MissSweetDaisy = MY EVIL ALTER EGO... ;)

PenelopePitstop 01-28-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

MissSweetDaisy
emilymomto3boys
Jeanne S
trudee
Jami
mamakimberly
Julia S
texasjodylynn

I'd like to add jsbrooketrout.

I'd vote for all of them to be dirty.

Oooh, Ooooh.... I have an idea. Since the dirty dozen gallery only comes out once a month, on the 15th, how 'bout we rally for a NEW gallery that comes out on the 1st. Let's face it, I know that by the 1st of each month I am dying for my dirty fix.

SweetMissDaisy 01-28-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

DITTO, DITTO!

SweetMissDaisy 01-28-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny K
I'd vote for all of them to be dirty.

DITTO DITTO DITTOOOOO!

jsbrooketrout 01-28-2006 07:19 PM

Wow! How about that!! I am just sitting here stunned..... picking my jaw up off the floor, that I have been mentioned among all these great artists!! I think I have learned (or sort of stolen..teehee) ideas from each of them!! I am speechless! Thanks to each and every one of the above mentioned and a ton of others who inspire us all here everyday!!

Shoot..... now I really have to keep up my creative streak.... you all may be checking up on me!

I think I need a glass of wine now to get my heart to slow down!!

tashers 01-28-2006 07:28 PM

I just thought I'd mention Yvette and lacyquilter! I love their galleries.

CardFanatic 01-28-2006 07:39 PM

OK... Here's the updated list for the dirty campaign :)

MissSweetDaisy
emilymomto3boys
Jeanne S
trudee
Jami
mamakimberly
Julia S
texasjodylynn
jsbrooketrout
Yvette
lacyquilter

Jeanne S 01-28-2006 07:45 PM

You guys are all so nice! Just to be mentioned among all the Stamping Royalty is pretty darn special.

trudee 01-29-2006 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
You guys are all so nice! Just to be mentioned among all the Stamping Royalty is pretty darn special.

Yep, What she said :mrgreen:

pigfingers 01-29-2006 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbra1224
I completely agree! I finally just bookmarked her gallery because she was filling up my faves! Her work is awesome!

I did the same thing! Great work, you people are killing me and my computer is filling up with all the great work I have saved! Geez maybe I should stop looking in the gallery and actually work on some stamping but you are amazing me with the talent!
-Dayna

Julia S 01-29-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudee
Yep, What she said :mrgreen:

Me too! or three or whatever....Wow! Thanks so much! Although, as for what Jami said about after having the baby...I hope I don't lose "it" because I'm all tied up and can't anymore.:) Five's enough don't you think?!

Julia

Rox71 01-29-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia S
Me too! or three or whatever....Wow! Thanks so much! Although, as for what Jami said about after having the baby...I hope I don't lose "it" because I'm all tied up and can't anymore.:) Five's enough don't you think?!

Julia

Oh, I'm glad my mom didn't stop at five, I'm number six of ten!

Pat in Ohio 01-29-2006 12:16 PM

Anna's got my vote, too! Especially after that lesson on sponging technique.

Pat

hobbywoman 01-29-2006 02:10 PM

Ya know what - each and everyone of you are absolutely fabulous. I've gone thru your galleries and you all make my head spin!!! We may need a dirty thirty to fit you all in there!!!!!!

CardFanatic 01-29-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat in Ohio
Anna's got my vote, too! Especially after that lesson on sponging technique.

Pat

I missed that sponging lesson :o Where do I find it?

amykae 01-29-2006 02:47 PM

I missed that sponging lesson Where do I find it?

Here! Here! I've always admired Anna's sponging and I've heard people mention her advice on the subject. Please, point me to the lesson!
Amy

Jerri Kay 01-29-2006 03:16 PM

Please share, I missed that sponging technique lesson as well. Where can I find it? Anna' work is awesome and has no doubt inspired many of us here at SCS.

emilymomto3boys 01-29-2006 03:18 PM

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...light=sponging

here's the one about sponging!

And man, I am way honored to be mentioned with so many talented stampers! This place is just full of them!

CardFanatic 01-29-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...light=sponging

here's the one about sponging!

And man, I am way honored to be mentioned with so many talented stampers! This place is just full of them!

Thanks for the link!

Julia S 01-30-2006 06:45 AM

I just thought we should get back to the original thought of this thread after much meandering.:) Sweet Miss Daisy rocks and has her own incredibly original style that the rest of us would love to have...she belongs in the DD.:)