Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Michael's/Joann's/Hobby Lobby; depends on who has the best sales!!
Default Swaps

This might be a stupid question......but here it comes anyway!! How do I get involved in a card swap?? I really like the idea of both meeting new people and getting new ideas at the same time. I don't know a lot of people that stamp so I'm kind of "teaching" myself, well I should say you ladies are teaching me!!! I'm so glad I found this site. Also, how exactly does a swap work?? Thanks in advance for the help!!! Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Just go to the swaps forum and read through all the different titles. If one seems interesting, open up the thread and read through what the swap is all about. The person who starts a swap with give you the details such as what is expected (full cards, card fronts, pens, scrapbook pgs. etc.). It will also tell you what kind of product is expected. Many expect SU paper, current stamps, and NVR on embellishments. NVR stands for no vendor restrictions.
It will tell you the due date, how to ship it to the person, and how many to send. Often times you send the person an extra that either goes to the swap hostess or to a special cause (nursing home, troops, etc).
Once you decide which swap(s) to join you just reply to that thread and the hostess will write your name down. You can also subscribe to that thread so you have the info. at hand. Then you make your cards and send them to the hostess. She/he then swaps them out and sends them back to you.

I hope this helps. Jeanette