Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Default Suggestions? Demonstrator messed up my order, now won't respond?!?

I've been loving reading everything you "experienced crafters" write for months now, but never had the nerve to post before. Perhaps someone can help with a question...
I placed a large order for retiring items with a demonstrator I met a year ago through an eBay purchase. When she gave me the total, it was much higher than my estimate, but I know that with SU shipping & tax is always higher than anticipated. When it arrived, I saw that she had ordered the same set twice, once as my hostess "free" item. I contacted her, explained the situation & asked for a copy of the invoice - she sent a message with it almost indecipherable due to no spacing between words, strange margins, etc.
She apologized & said she would send a check for the difference & envelope to return the duplicate set. Weeks later I got another message that she had been sick & would send them soon. A couple of days later she sent a message to (apparently) all her customers with used & retired offerings, including my set, but has not responded to me in weeks, despite my repeated messages.
I'd appreciate any advice! Is there a process that SU has for dealing with problems such as these? I know in the past that it took 5 months to get a replacement for a defective item through them, so I don't hold alot of hope!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Default Sorry Folks - I'm new & put my request in the wrong place!

I'm new at5 this & put my message in the wrong place!
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers
Old 08-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I would contact SU and talk to someone at the main office and give her name, addy, email and phone and see what they can do for you.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.

Why not just sell the set on the Bay? You said it is a retired set...

Old 08-19-2006, 04:45 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I agree with Karen. Contact customer service and register a complaint. This isn't right. If she sent you the actual invoice or packing slip it should have her demo number and the order number on it. (Or on the packing slip.) Make sure you give them that too. If not, her name and address should suffice.

I'm so sorry you had this bad experience. Hopefully you'll find a demo that will make you happy!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2006, 04:46 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry you are having this experience and I hope you look for and find a demo close to you - one you can get to know and see!

As to your post- did your order come straight from SU? If so with your packing slip, you should be able to calculate your order total, shipping and tax to know for sure if you were over charged - this alone concerned me. All our customers are supposed to have copies of their invoices BEFORE the order goes in. The forms are available from the web site for us- so she should have either mailed you one after you submitted your order and/or at the very least sent you one with your order (if she was the one who shipped it to you).

Because of the passage of time and your efforts to contact her are being ignored, I would say you should call SU yourself, explain your situation and if your order came from SU, you should be able to give them DEMO info from the packaging slip which can help identify the demo who placed your order. I have no idea if they would refund you at this point.

If they do not - you can sell your extra set on EBAY, or offer it in BST for another set you are really looking for.

Whatever you do - find a new demo. Use demo locator - or ask SU when you call to give you the name one local to you. I personally get angry when I hear about demos like this who don't answer their customers in a timely fashion and who obviously do not strive for complete satisfaction after the sale.

Good luck.

"Consider how hard it is to change yourself; and you will understand what little chance you have trying to change others."

Old 08-19-2006, 04:56 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree about calling SU they should be able to get this straightened out for you.

Also the comment about taking 5 months to straighten something out bothers me. I have neve known SU to take that long to fix a problem. They are very quick with their responses in general and I think that they would be faster than this. Was this problem being fixed through the same demo?

Good luck. Call SU!!!
My Little Stampin' Heaven - My blog
My Gallery
Old 08-19-2006, 05:14 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator myself, I have to say I'm appalled at the service you are NOT getting from this demonstrator. Please know that this is not typical of Stampin' Up! demonstrators. I agree with the advice for you to call Stampin' Up! directly regarding this situation. They will make it right for you. All you need to do is call 1-800-stamp-up.

Good luck!

Kathleen
Old 08-19-2006, 05:20 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, yes. If anyone is every unhappy, do not let it spoil you towards SU. There are tons of fabulous demos and the company has awesome customer service. No company is perfect, so don't go away unhappy. You deserve clarification.

In the future, NEVER place an order if you don't understand the amount you are being charged. This goes for stamping and every other purchase we make!!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:32 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

I would be upset with her as well....and I am upset that a fellow demo is not providing you with the service you deserve. I would contact her one more time stating that you will be calling SU! to file a complaint if she is unwilling to sort this matter out. SU! will keep this in her file and contact her regarding it as well...it can result in her losing her demonstratorship if there other complaints against her as well.

I do not know what SU! will do to correct the over billing since they do not get a check directly from you, but they may be willing to work with you to exchange the duplicate set for some other SU! products.
Sorry for your bad experience.
Mindy

Old 08-19-2006, 06:02 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Yes, yes. If anyone is every unhappy, do not let it spoil you towards SU. There are tons of fabulous demos and the company has awesome customer service. No company is perfect, so don't go away unhappy. You deserve clarification.

In the future, NEVER place an order if you don't understand the amount you are being charged. This goes for stamping and every other purchase we make!!
I also have to add that as demonstrators we are not allowed to get customers via e-bay. Did she send you information about her being a demo from a sale you had with her?? It's called our internet advertising policy which means that if you won an auction for a retired item on e-bay the person you bought from cannot include information in your package about her being a demo and then solicite sales that way. I would report her to SU so they can investigate further. Your best bet for a demo is to ALWAYS go to demo locator and ask around.

Good luck!
Robyn

My Gallery
Old 08-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by schreckmom
I've been loving reading everything you "experienced crafters" write for months now, but never had the nerve to post before. Perhaps someone can help with a question...
I placed a large order for retiring items with a demonstrator I met a year ago through an eBay purchase. When she gave me the total, it was much higher than my estimate, but I know that with SU shipping & tax is always higher than anticipated. When it arrived, I saw that she had ordered the same set twice, once as my hostess "free" item. I contacted her, explained the situation & asked for a copy of the invoice - she sent a message with it almost indecipherable due to no spacing between words, strange margins, etc.
She apologized & said she would send a check for the difference & envelope to return the duplicate set. Weeks later I got another message that she had been sick & would send them soon. A couple of days later she sent a message to (apparently) all her customers with used & retired offerings, including my set, but has not responded to me in weeks, despite my repeated messages.
I'd appreciate any advice! Is there a process that SU has for dealing with problems such as these? I know in the past that it took 5 months to get a replacement for a defective item through them, so I don't hold alot of hope!
Wow, that's horrible! I'm so sorry you were treated so unprofessionally, and am appalled at this behavior by a fellow demo. Definitely contact SU! about your experience, as I'm sure they would feel the same way about someone doing this to a customer.

I've only been a demo for a year and fortunately haven't had to deal with any problems yet, but my upline had to help me with a defective item when I was a customer and it certainly didn't take 5 months to fix the problem! Even with my being several states away I got a new item within only a couple of weeks -- she even took it upon herself to get the new rubber and then mail it to me on her own dime along with a postage-paid padded envelope addressed to SU! for me to use to send the defective rubber back!

The locator on the SU! website will give you the names of several nearby demonstrators. I hope you are able to find a wonderful demo near you who will meet your stamping needs and show you what a fabulous company SU! really is!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 08-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Hi Robyn,

I saw your following post

I also have to add that as demonstrators we are not allowed to get customers via e-bay. Did she send you information about her being a demo from a sale you had with her?? It's called our internet advertising policy which means that if you won an auction for a retired item on e-bay the person you bought from cannot include information in your package about her being a demo and then solicite sales that way. I would report her to SU so they can investigate further. Your best bet for a demo is to ALWAYS go to demo locator and ask around.

I would love to see SU crack down on this type of demo (we have at least one on SCS that I know of) It really burns my butt that the SCS demo can sell $45,000 last year, recruit over 15 people, earn the cruise and get a check in the amount of $2500 for being a "demo of the year" (and who knows what else she "earned") all by selling retired sets on ebay and soliciting current sales and gaining recruits from these sales.

Just had to vent, sorry.....

Barb
Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Hi Robyn,

I saw your following post

I would love to see SU crack down on this type of demo (we have at least one on SCS that I know of) It really burns my butt that the SCS demo can sell $45,000 last year, recruit over 15 people, earn the cruise and get a check in the amount of $2500 for being a "demo of the year" (and who knows what else she "earned") all by selling retired sets on ebay and soliciting current sales and gaining recruits from these sales.

Just had to vent, sorry.....

Barb
I'm also a Gold Canyon Candle demo, and I'm about ready to give it up. Ebay sales really hurt my business, and I know this because customers have told me that they can get my candles on ebay for alot cheaper, and have asked if I can get them the "deal" that others are charging on ebay. I don't know how ladies are doing this, my guess is that they're losing money but gaining a cruise out of it, I don't know. I've noticed a lot of current SU items on ebay, but at least most of the time they aren't being sold cheaper than what they are listed for in the catalog. I can't believe that someone got demo of the year and they sell on ebay...interesting. You'd think SU would have caught this.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:42 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Default Total Highjack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph315
I'm also a Gold Canyon Candle demo, and I'm about ready to give it up. Ebay sales really hurt my business, and I know this because customers have told me that they can get my candles on ebay for alot cheaper, and have asked if I can get them the "deal" that others are charging on ebay. I don't know how ladies are doing this, my guess is that they're losing money but gaining a cruise out of it, I don't know. I've noticed a lot of current SU items on ebay, but at least most of the time they aren't being sold cheaper than what they are listed for in the catalog. I can't believe that someone got demo of the year and they sell on ebay...interesting. You'd think SU would have caught this.
Sorry for the highjack, but I must know...
What are Gold Canyon Candles?

Look what I can do! (my gallery)
Old 08-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mndnco
Sorry for the highjack, but I must know...
What are Gold Canyon Candles?
I sent you a PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

She broke the rules by getting you as a customer from ebay. Demonstrators are allowed to sell retired items but are not to use ebay to get customers.

She should have sent you a copy of the customer order form even if SU was shipping directly to you. That way you could have seen exactly what you paid for and how much for each thing.

If I remember right, when SU ships, they do not put prices on the "invoice" that comes with even a single order.

You need a local demo that will share, answer your questions, show samples, and invite you to events she has where you can learn more and share with others!