Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-05-2006, 06:52 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Submitting for Publication

Ok...in moment of ignorance I mailed off one of my fav cards to a magazine to be considered for publication, then I realized that my card was, most likely, not going to be published. (Given the standards of published material mine is fairly mediocre. )

I sent it with a SASE to be sent back to me if it was not used. How long does it usually take to get your work returned? The mag that I was trying to get into has already been published, so I assume they are done with it.

Just wondering what to expect.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on who you sent it to. Rubber Stamper can take a year+ to return it and so do Stampington publications. They hold onto them for an "indeterminate" amount of time, for possible inclusion in a future issue where it might better suit their needs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 07:50 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

When I first started stamping four years ago I had someone encourage me to send Stamper's Sampler one of my cards. I hesitantly did so because I knew it just wasn't quite to the right "level" yet, but I figured why not try. I sent it with a SASE because I knew I wanted to have it for posteriety - LOL. I JUST got it back a couple of months ago - unpublished of course - so don't hold your breath is all I'm saying. I might just have to post that one to my blog so you can all get a good laugh and know that we all start someplace. You never know if it will show up in print, or when it will arrive safely back in your mailbox.

AND more importantly never give up!!! I didn't send anything in for years and just started again this last fall and have met with unbelievable success. So keep at it - never doubt your own creativity and just KEEP TRYING!!! If your goal is to have something in print then KEEP TRYING - you CAN do it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I recently followed up on a group of submissions to the Rubber Stamper that I'd sent in early January. Figured 6 months later, they either weren't interested or they would have contacted me. Since I'd included the SASE, I only felt it fair that they be returned if there was no interest. E-mailed them and learned happily that one of my cards is being published in July/Aug issue and they will return the whole lot when finished. I've not submitted a lot...but now know that even 6 months in the publishing world may not seem like a long time to them even though it feels like a vewy vewy long time to us.....

Keeping my figures crossed for another submitted to Stampington (as yet not returned since last July)...it is kraft card with homemade paper victorian glove on it..and little beads sewn on the cuff. Hoping to see that one day soon again...it feels more like a dearly departed friend than a card.
Reply With Quote Likes