Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Submitting cards for publication (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/submitting-cards-publication-185154/)

HeartfeltGreetings 09-21-2006 06:54 AM

Submitting cards for publication

Well, I've finally done it. I am getting ready to submit 4 cards to a stamp publication! AHHHHHH! Anyways, I'm just curious to find out how the rest of you mail your submissions. Do you put your cards in a box so they don't get bent? I'm planning on mailing mine in a padded envelope, but I'm not sure that's enough. Should I do more?:confused:

Amy

SCEmily 09-21-2006 11:12 AM

Well I've never sent my cards in so I don't have any advice for you, I just wanted to tell you good luck! I hope you find an answer!

HeatherHolbrook 09-21-2006 11:25 AM

I put mine in a padded envelope with thin cardbaord on either side and write 'please do not bend" on the outside:)

Boss 09-21-2006 11:30 AM

I usually try to make enough cards that they fill the small priority box (it's the size for vcr tapes).....10 or 12 cards will fill it nicely, with only a bit of tissue paper at the end to keep them from banging around inside the box. Remember, the more cards you send in for consideration, the better your chances are that one or more will get chosen! :)

HeartfeltGreetings 09-21-2006 12:21 PM

I've got another question for you gals... I am sending in 4 cards for Take Ten's Different Point of View, but I had already uploaded one of the cards here. Does that mean that I can't send it now for publication?

JulieHRR 09-21-2006 02:10 PM

Westy, Take Ten, well, none of the Stampington Publications, for that matter, compensate for artworks featured. So, they do not require that the artwork not be seen on the internet; they don't care where else it appears.

But, generally speaking, it doesn't work that way in reverse for magazines that do compensate; they are paying for exclusive rights to it, so they DO care that it either never be seen before, or if they've accepted it and you have it online somewhere, that you pull it from the internet. They may also stipulate whether or not you can ever upload it again--some will not allow it and when they buy the rights to it, they are buying all exclusivity to it--or if you can after a certain time period has elapsed and the publication it has appeared in has been at last removed off the sales racks.

HTH,

HeartfeltGreetings 09-21-2006 03:20 PM

I was hoping you'd chime in on this thread Julie!!!!!:) Thanks so much for the information! I was so worried I'd have to quick throw another card in the package to make up for the one I had uploaded. Relief I don't have to. We'll see what happens with this deal. I'm just so happy I finally had the guts to do this. This was one of my goals for the year, so I'm on the right path so far!! Thanks again Julie!

Amy

JulieHRR 09-23-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westy04
I was hoping you'd chime in on this thread Julie!!!!!:) Thanks so much for the information! I was so worried I'd have to quick throw another card in the package to make up for the one I had uploaded. Relief I don't have to. We'll see what happens with this deal. I'm just so happy I finally had the guts to do this. This was one of my goals for the year, so I'm on the right path so far!! Thanks again Julie!

Amy

Best wishes! Seeing your work in print is always a kick!