Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Default SU vs. CTMH

I am curious, are there any CTMH demos here?

Considering switching from SU and would appreciate your input regarding things like discounts, quarterly minimums, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I'm not a CTMH demo, but I know there are a few here.
I'm an SU demo, but i do use CTMH. There are some ink colours they have that I love that SU doesn't have. Plus I love using the alphabets. I can spell words on one block and customize my own sentiments.
The paper packs are great also! The More To Adore is just GORGEOUS!
I have about 7 CTMH sets. I like them. I do not find them "icky" or a PITA to put on the acrylix blocks. I like that I can see through them.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, sorry, didn't answer your questions.
Quarterly minimum is 100.00.
Not sure of the discount, think it is 22%
CTMH demos are able to order "in bulk" which I think is a HUGE plus!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Our CTMH discount/ commission is 22%, but there is also an additional override monthly commission based on your monthly sales. Quarterly minimum is $300 but there is a Jr. consultant status, if you don't make your minimums you drop to that (w/ 10% discount) until you make $300 in sales than you go right back up to regular status. I think that's *really* nice, if you run into any problems you don't just loose your consultant status right away!
Our starter kit is $150 plus $20 shipping. Website fees are additional if you want one. That's about all I can think of right now
HTH

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Old 02-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

If you are more scrapbook oriented, CTMH is probably a better fit than SU. The catalog is definitely geared toward scrapbooking and they offer better designer papers, plus they have new ones every quarter, which is nice. They also offer more embellishments that are color coordinated with the papers (which is great for card and scrapbooks). And, acrylic stamps are just great. The more I use them, the more I love them. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to things being perfectly place, so the acrylics are very helpful with that. For example, I stamped a sentiment on a card that was finished (and alot of work had been put into it). It didn't stamp as well as I would have liked, so I was able to stamp it again EXACTLY on top of the previously stamped image!!! That was awesome. If I had been using wood mount, I would have had to toss the card.

Good luck with your research and your decision!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Question

I have a question for CTMH demo's.

Is it true that you can only be a Hostess one time...after you join?

Someone told me this and I just about fell out of my chair.

Cause with TAC we can be a Hostess and recieve all the goodies as many times as we want too.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

why can't you just make up a name and have it shipped o your house.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

It IS true that you can only be hostess for your own party the VERY first time you have a party. Its called your "jumpstart" party. It is also the only time you can legitimately call yourself hostess.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

So what if you are your best customer? You wouldn't get the Hostess bennies or the extra money to spend? Do they really emphasize the selling part?

Sorry for so many questions but I would really like to know. I'd been a SU demo for so long that I just thought every company had that bonus. I'm no longer a demo for SU.

Robyn

My Gallery
Old 02-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Oops! Just wanted to add that I am still a great SU customer. I do like CTMH, too. I'm happy being a customer for both.

Robyn

My Gallery
Old 02-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastmommie
It IS true that you can only be hostess for your own party the VERY first time you have a party. Its called your "jumpstart" party. It is also the only time you can legitimately call yourself hostess.

Thanks for the information, I just couldn't believe what I was hearing at the time.

Another question can you place an order for youself if it's a Customer Direct order?

Or do you all do Customer Direct orders??
Old 02-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I was with CTMH last year and just re-joined SU. I really disliked that you can only be the hostess once, unless of course you lie about who the hostess is. And though I may sound square but it just seemed dishonest to me to fudge the numbers and I was bothered enough that I didn't do it. I had mystery hostesses so that someone got the freebies on my workshop orders.

You can do direct orders but the shipping tends to be higher (most of time but not always).

I loved CTMH as a company. They're really great at consultant services whenever you need help and the product sells like crazy!

I actually left to join TAC (love their stamp designs!) and changed my mind when I realized how much I love SU papers and inks.

Good luck making your decision!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

With TAC we can send in Customer Direct orders and the shippping is a min. $4.05 or 10% of the persons order.

Which is really good.
As a Demo for TAC is may play Hostess as many times as I wish.
or Do a Customer Direct order.. I still earn 25% commission on what I sell.

Yes I could do a Demo Discount, But then I wouldn't earn carreer points Or Bonus with TAC.

I think in the 4 years that I have been with TAC I have only used my Demo Discount 2 times.

Thanks again for the information. It's good to know what the other companies do.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a customer direct order. Anyone can order directly from my website and it will be shipped to them. Or I can place an order and it be directly shipped to them. A party (or gathering) must have a hostess and 2 customers to qualify as a party, otherwise its just an order with no hostess credit given.
I can place an order for myself from supply, bulk, or just personal use. Any of those orders for myself are discounted.
I am still new enough that I don't have all the answers, but I can honestly say that I have earned enough from my parties to pay for the extra goodies I have bought. I also enjoy buying in bulk to use for make n takes and monthly meetings.
As best as I can tell from reading all about the different companies represented on this board... it really would be a personal choice. Each company has similar business opportunities...but each company is more unique in what they specialize in. Stampin Up! focus is on stamping obviously with some cardstock and ink, but not alot of scrapbooking. CTMH does both stamping and scrapping, basically with equal focus. We have a broad range of both supplies. I'm not as familiar with TAC, but believe then to be focused on stamps also.
Good luck with your search for what fits YOU personally to a T. The best thing is that we are all addicted enough that we don't mind shopping other companies as well! There is plenty for eveyone!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a customer direct order. Anyone can order directly from my website and it will be shipped to them. Or I can place an order and it be directly shipped to them. A party (or gathering) must have a hostess and 2 customers to qualify as a party, otherwise its just an order with no hostess credit given.
I can place an order for myself from supply, bulk, or just personal use. Any of those orders for myself are discounted.
I am still new enough that I don't have all the answers, but I can honestly say that I have earned enough from my parties to pay for the extra goodies I have bought. I also enjoy buying in bulk to use for make n takes and monthly meetings.
As best as I can tell from reading all about the different companies represented on this board... it really would be a personal choice. Each company has similar business opportunities...but each company is more unique in what they specialize in. Stampin Up! focus is on stamping obviously with some cardstock and ink, but not alot of scrapbooking. CTMH does both stamping and scrapping, basically with equal focus. We have a broad range of both supplies. I'm not as familiar with TAC, but believe then to be focused on stamps also.
Good luck with your search for what fits YOU personally to a T. The best thing is that we are all addicted enough that we don't mind shopping other companies as well! There is plenty for eveyone!!

What I mean by Customer Direct ordering. Is say you wanted to place an order through me. I would then take and then place an order And send it directly to TAC. They would send it directly to you.

I wouldn't wait till I had enough for a Workshop ($100)
Customer Direct order can be done either through Our website's or through a TAC demo.

The only thing is if you purchased something from the website and spend $30.00 or more you wouldn't recieve the GWP stamps (Gift with Purchase). Or if you purchased $100.00 you wouldn't get any of the Hostess benefits.

So Purchasing from a Demo directly would be the best. Because you would recieve all the benefits that you are intitled too!

As for TAC we sell Scrapbook paper and Scrapping supplies as well as Stamps.
We have a nice selection of papers in many sizes too.
8x8, 9x9, 12x12 Which ever you are into working with.
http://theangelcompany.net/exclusivepapers.html
How to use our stamps
http://theangelcompany.net/creativecling.html
and
http://theangelcompany.net/assembly.html

Thanks for answering my questions.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are very welcome! I hope that I was able to help.
I love learning about all the different companies.
What better place to share and learn than here?!?!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

You are very welcome! I hope that I was able to help.
I love learning about all the different companies.
What better place to share and learn than here?!?!
Learning is one reason I am here on SCS.

Again Thank you for all of your help... You did a wonderful job!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #18  
Glitter Queen

I am a CTMH consultant and I love it. I love that our Acrylix stamps can be bent and shaped to make your stamps different (like you can take a word stamp and bend it to stamp into a semi circle). It's true that we can only be a hostess once (at our Jump Start), but when I put in a bunch of orders, I still put it under my name (my name is in there twice...once as a consultant and another as a customer). I've never had any problems getting the extra bennies. I usually use the hostess rewards to buy supplies that I use for workshops or I get stuff for giveaways. I love that we can buy items in bulk for projects and I really do feel as though our corporate office listens to consultants concerns and try to address them as best they can. The CTMH consultant base is growing so fast because of it's innovative product. I love that we have 3 catalogs a year with tons of great ideas in each book. I look forward to everyone of them. I also love that our stamps match our papers, inks and even ribbon!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by moomooluvr
I am a CTMH consultant and I love it. I love that our Acrylix stamps can be bent and shaped to make your stamps different (like you can take a word stamp and bend it to stamp into a semi circle). It's true that we can only be a hostess once (at our Jump Start), but when I put in a bunch of orders, I still put it under my name (my name is in there twice...once as a consultant and another as a customer). I've never had any problems getting the extra bennies. I usually use the hostess rewards to buy supplies that I use for workshops or I get stuff for giveaways. I love that we can buy items in bulk for projects and I really do feel as though our corporate office listens to consultants concerns and try to address them as best they can. The CTMH consultant base is growing so fast because of it's innovative product. I love that we have 3 catalogs a year with tons of great ideas in each book. I look forward to everyone of them. I also love that our stamps match our papers, inks and even ribbon!
Buying in Bulk how is this done???

With TAC we can do a Demo Discount, and we recieve 30% off of Retail.
No commission is earned!
Supplies like Catalogs and business supplies we do not recieve any Discount on this items

You mentioned that CTMH is growing because of their products!

I feel that ALL Stamp Companies are growing Beacause of GREAT PRODUCT from each company.
All 3 Companies have something to offer everyone.

TAC as a Demo you only have to meet $100.00 in Retail Sales every 4 months. And you earn 25% on Retail Sales.
Our stamps are deeply etched in Blue Rubber with Ez-mount foam.
Yes we have to cut our stamps out, But so does SU.
And we use Acrylic Blocks instead of a wood Block.
Like CTMH does.
We carry Scrapbook Paper just like SU and CTMH does.
We have a large selection of Stamping and Scrapping supplies.

I also feel that not every company is going to fit everyone's Wants or Needs!
That's why we have Varitey!!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=jeanstamping2]Buying in Bulk how is this done???

With TAC we can do a Demo Discount, and we recieve 30% off of Retail.
No commission is earned!
Supplies like Catalogs and business supplies we do not recieve any Discount on this items

We are able to buy in bulk some specially packaged products that are selected to use as our demonstrative items. For instance, we can buy bulk cardstock in white at any time, instead of buying indivudual packages. You do NOT have to use it in the manner they do, its simply a tool that is available. For instance, if they are featuring a card, and you want to use a 12x12 layout for your class, that is fine.
Each month the bulk supply changes by adding in new items to use. I assume they delete items too, but I havne't seen that yet. I have personally bought bulk ribbon, and cardstock.
We are also able to buy at 30% discount supplies that would go to a workshop or class. I think we are able to spend up to $100 a month this way...but I could be mistaken. These types of sales DO NOT count toward our commision, as they are already discounted. They are seperate orders.

I agree, each company does have something that just pulls you into choosing that particular company. Variety does make the world go around... and who would want to use just 1 product line and be exactly like each other?!?! No way! We enjoy our individual creativity.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:57 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

You may only be able to be the hostess once, but your husband can be hostess as many times as he likes...
Old 02-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the information that you have given me and other's.

It helps me understand alittle more about other companies.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #23  
Glitter Queen

We can make a PBO (personal business order) and receive 30% off...but like Amber said, it doesn't count towards our minimums and is non-commissionable and we're only allowed $100 per month. I never place PBOs because I'd much rather it go towards my sales. We can buy both commissionable and non-commissionable bulk items. It's great. All the commissionable bulk items go along with 3 different projects that the company makes up for every month and they are all while supplies last.

With CTMH the quarterly minimum is $300 retail, but if you can't sustain that you can drop down to a Jr. Consultant and only need $100 retail per year, and the instant that you make $300 in a quarter you are automatically bumped back up to consultant status.

Nancy, you're right...everyone has different taste, so there's something for everyone.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:04 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would agree that if anyone who is considering becoming a demo needs to understand the way the program works for both the demonstrator and the customers. That and knowing the product base is important to make the decision that is right for you. Another important thing is knowing what kind of support you receive from your upline as well as from the company.

Happy Decision Making,

rita