Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU stamps... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-stamps-227017/)

SaabyeDK 02-23-2007 04:34 AM

SU stamps...

Well I live in Denmark and the only stamps I can buy here are Hero Arts. Now I've been browsing through the Gallery and seen all the beautyfull SU stamps. And I realize that the only way these can be bought is from a demonstrator.

this is from the Stampin Up homepage:
"With demonstrators in all 50 states and Canada, it's easy to locate one near you. " - NO it's not! :mad: I live very far away from the US and think that I also should get a chance to buy these great stamps?!!

Anyone who knows someone interested in coming to Denmark to demonstrate the products please let me know :cool: - I promise to gather a LOT of girls !

If not - anyone interested in getting a Danish customer???
:mrgreen: Linda

cannontc 02-23-2007 04:43 AM

This is a real bummer but unfortunatly SU Demonstrators are prohibited from selling outside the US...same with Canadian Demonstrators.....it has something to do with tax/export laws or something.

The good news is that SU is expanding into Europe.....not sure which countries yet though....they should be making announcements soon I expect.

Another option is that you should be able to buy retired SU sets on Ebay....the only problem would be the high shipping cost.

cannontc 02-23-2007 04:44 AM

oh yeah.....another thought would be to look at the Buy/Trade forums here and see if anyone has any they'd be willing to ship to you.

STAMPINGODDESS 02-23-2007 05:04 AM

Unfortunately as much I would LOVE to come to Denmark to share Stampin' Up! with you, as Tara said, we are not permitted to sell directly outside the US. Do not, however, have such prohibition in selling our retired sets beyond borders. Thus, the BST board may be your best best until Stampin' Up! expands in your direction!

ArtofLove 02-23-2007 05:08 AM

cannontc had some good ideas with ebay and the buy/trade forum on SCS. Hopefully you can get your hands on some SU sets there.

Sereikastamper 02-23-2007 06:41 AM

WOW what a bummer! I wonder how much it would cost to ship stuff to Denmark? There are listings of retired sets here on SCS as well as stuff on Ebay...maybe that would help?

geojlc 02-23-2007 08:13 AM

You might also want to write to Stampin' Up! and express a desire to have them come to your area... :-)

parrothead 02-23-2007 08:32 AM

Just wondering.....if she had a friend here...couldn't that friend buy stamps and send them to her?

jpmayo 02-23-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead
Just wondering.....if she had a friend here...couldn't that friend buy stamps and send them to her?

I doubt it because my sis recently moved to Italy and it took her a few weeks to get her address changed with SU, etc. so I called SU! to see if I can order and just mail her things to her and they told me that I could not do that.

parrothead 02-23-2007 08:48 AM

oh well...just a thought...thats a shame

row4d 02-23-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
I doubt it because my sis recently moved to Italy and it took her a few weeks to get her address changed with SU, etc. so I called SU! to see if I can order and just mail her things to her and they told me that I could not do that.

Jimmi, that's probably because you are now a demo. If you were still a customer, I doubt there would be a problem with you simply doing a favor for a friend.

Joan B 02-23-2007 09:01 AM

I remember that when I was a demo I got an email from a woman in China who wanted to place a big order. So I figured this is great, I'll just make sure to get payment first in american dollars or whatever is convertible. Whoa! No can do. SU doesn't ship to China (a big duh for me) and SU explained that there are all sorts of tarrifs, taxes and trade laws that EACH country has that makes international sales the kind of thing that you have to work out first.

See, that's why lawyers are so essential!! LOL

I'm sorry!!

LuckyGirl 02-23-2007 09:17 AM

Ok, not to sound like a total jerk, 'cause that's really not my intent, but if the OP had a "friend" in the states that bought some stamp sets from an SU demo and the friend in the states mailed them to her friend in Denmark, I haven't yet found a law on the internet that prohibits that. (maybe someone else will find it? any lawyers here?)

Maybe the SU! demo can't buy stamp sets and send them over, or direct ship an order to Denmark, but I would think third party friend certainly could. Now, dealing with payment, exchange rates, shipping rates and any import/export tax/fees might be a headache, or make it cost prohibitive, but I don't think it's impossible, unless Denmark has some law against mailing someone rubber and wood blocks.

Just b/c SU! says you can't, doesn't mean you "can't". I hate when corporations try to manipulate people- and that's really why I chose to post. It might not be easy, but I certainly think it's not impossible.

All I'm attempting to say is that I think there is "gray area" here for those who like to think creatively. :rolleyes: I'm not advocating breaking any real world laws or import/export laws, of course. But, if the OP can buy something off E-bay and have it sent to Denmark, it seems that she should also be able to buy thru a friend in the states and have it sent to Denmark.

Or, here is another thought- if people wanted to stamp images and send them to Denmark (not unlike the image request list here on SCS), she could have access to SU! stamp images that way. Just another idea.

Trying to help, not start a war. No flames, please.

mungojerry 02-23-2007 09:34 AM

A third party can do whatever she wants as long as the friend is willing to cover all the associated tariffs, double shipping, etc.

Joan B 02-23-2007 09:52 AM

Actually, I am a lawyer. And, of course, there is nothing wrong, illegal with buying something for someone in Denmark, paying the associated fees and shipping it to Denmark. I just meant that a demo isn't permitted by SU to do that.

LuckyGirl 02-23-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Actually, I am a lawyer. And, of course, there is nothing wrong, illegal with buying something for someone in Denmark, paying the associated fees and shipping it to Denmark. I just meant that a demo isn't permitted by SU to do that.

And, of course, I was typing *my* post as yours was posting! LOL! :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the rub. A demo can't send stamps, but it can, technically, be done. And that was all I was trying to say.

parrothead 02-23-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl
Ok, not to sound like a total jerk, 'cause that's really not my intent, but if the OP had a "friend" in the states that bought some stamp sets from an SU demo and the friend in the states mailed them to her friend in Denmark, I haven't yet found a law on the internet that prohibits that. (maybe someone else will find it? any lawyers here?)

Maybe the SU! demo can't buy stamp sets and send them over, or direct ship an order to Denmark, but I would think third party friend certainly could. Now, dealing with payment, exchange rates, shipping rates and any import/export tax/fees might be a headache, or make it cost prohibitive, but I don't think it's impossible, unless Denmark has some law against mailing someone rubber and wood blocks.

Just b/c SU! says you can't, doesn't mean you "can't". I hate when corporations try to manipulate people- and that's really why I chose to post. It might not be easy, but I certainly think it's not impossible.

All I'm attempting to say is that I think there is "gray area" here for those who like to think creatively. :rolleyes: I'm not advocating breaking any real world laws or import/export laws, of course. But, if the OP can buy something off E-bay and have it sent to Denmark, it seems that she should also be able to buy thru a friend in the states and have it sent to Denmark.

Or, here is another thought- if people wanted to stamp images and send them to Denmark (not unlike the image request list here on SCS), she could have access to SU! stamp images that way. Just another idea.

Trying to help, not start a war. No flames, please.

This is what I was trying to say...but didn't wanna start a war either. Surely there must be a nice "friend" out there somewhere to help this girl out!!

row4d 02-23-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead
This is what I was trying to say...but didn't wanna start a war either. Surely there must be a nice "friend" out there somewhere to help this girl out!!

It's also what I thought I was saying -- guess not, LOL! ;)

K. Benko 02-23-2007 03:27 PM

I thought there were other girls from Europe on here all the time. Are they using other stamps? I thought they were using Stampin up. They must have ideas??? Or at least PM this gal from Denmark

Judyw 02-23-2007 04:55 PM

If it were me, I would post in the ISO section and ask for help. It never hurts to ask and see who is willing to help.

SaabyeDK 02-23-2007 09:17 PM

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!!! Lucky me it seems that I have a lot of 'friends' in the US wanting to help me out so THANK YOU so much!!! :mrgreen:

What is the ISO ??? I am just getting to know all the funny words here...

~Linda~

GarnetJ 02-23-2007 10:18 PM

ISO means In Search Of. It is one section of the Buy Sell Trade forums.... click here

I used to buy LOTS of stuff from ebay, but have no idea how much shipping would be.

There is a place (I believe it is in the Netherlands) where you can buy stamps from several different companies (not sU). The prices are in Euros, so I have no idea what that means. Look for stempelimpression.com and click on their "Shop" link.

dolphinprncss03 02-23-2007 11:30 PM

i sold something on the BST and i had to ship it to the UK a 20.00 set i sold cost 14.00 to ship it...and took about 2 weeks for her to get it..i think the package was just over 1lb..so it it pricey but it can be done..GL in your search...Stay away from the Bay i spent to much money there before i found this site...The person paid the shipping charges and it went smooth the only thing was going to the PO instead of printing label from home.....
Dawn

Bagpuss 02-23-2007 11:37 PM

www.ebay.co.uk isn't so bad price-wise because there isn't such a big market here (yet) for Stampin' Up! I bought a small set recently for �1 and, whenever I sell my old SU stuff it doesn't fetch major prices. So it's definitely worth looking there, although they don't crop up very often. Not as expensive to post to Denmark from the UK either.

Where there's a will, there's a way.