Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU Shipping price (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-shipping-price-155549/)

anniesmom 06-18-2006 09:07 AM

SU Shipping price

What does SU charge for shipping and handling?

jpmayo 06-18-2006 09:10 AM

10%

anniesmom 06-18-2006 09:16 AM

Thanks. That is what I thought.

Amy05 06-18-2006 09:54 AM

Minimum of $4.

Mistoffoleese 06-18-2006 09:59 AM

I thought that the minimum was 3.50??

MSBetsyZ 06-18-2006 10:37 AM

Actually, it's $3.95, lol. Just to further confuse you...some states will require SU to charge sales tax on the S/H amount, too.

Mistoffoleese 06-18-2006 10:55 AM

Thanks for the mental refresher. I knew that there was a 3 & 5, I just threw them together. My bad.

11Valerie11 06-18-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
Actually, it's $3.95, lol. Just to further confuse you...some states will require SU to charge sales tax on the S/H amount, too.

CA is one of those states. :(

phunkymama 06-18-2006 01:25 PM

So is PA. I don't really mind it, though. There are NO stamp stores within an hour of me. There are a couple of ACMoores, Michaels within a half hour. But you drive there, they don't have what you want, you drive somewhere else. Much easier to buy what you want from SU and let the shipping cover the gas. Now if only orders got out here quicker than 10-12 days!

anniesmom 06-18-2006 02:46 PM

So if I order a BG stamp for 16.95 I have to pay 3.95 not the 10%. I am just trying to figure this all out. I want to place an order and once I find a consultant in this area I want to know exactly what I am ordering and what it will cost me. I was going to order 1 BG stamp a month for 3 months but if it is going to cost me so much for S&H I'll order then all at once.

MSBetsyZ 06-18-2006 03:13 PM

If you order on your own, with a separate customer order, you would pay the 3.95 minimum, yes. If you order at a workshop (home party), you would pay 10%, because the group order goes in as a whole, which meets the minimum requirement.

aniam215 06-18-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Kansas does ...

michlz319 06-18-2006 06:29 PM

And is it any difference, say, to have the order shipped directly to you versus to the hostess? I'm in a buyers club ($25 per month) and the order gets shipped to my demo, then she delivers. How much would I pay if I had it shipped directly to me?

lynnewithane 06-18-2006 06:35 PM

Maryland does too, and I think it stinks.
When I place a mailorder from elsewhere, like Lilian Vernon or Current catalog, I don't pay tax on S&H. It really makes me angry that it works like that. I guess I need to write my representative.

cuccicoo1002 06-18-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michlz319
And is it any difference, say, to have the order shipped directly to you versus to the hostess? I'm in a buyers club ($25 per month) and the order gets shipped to my demo, then she delivers. How much would I pay if I had it shipped directly to me?

In the instance you stated (a $25 order) to have it shipped directly to you as a customer order would be 3.95...however, I have a feeling that if you are part of a club, the orders are put in as a workshop, so it all has to ship to one place, and then it's the 10% across the board, no minimums required... HTH!

kiraj 06-18-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michlz319

If you had it shipped seperately it would not count towards the hostess benefits, which defeats the purpose of the club. A workshop order has to be all shipped to the same place, as far as I know. If not I would love to know otherwise so I can combine more orders!

NecessarySary 06-22-2006 09:38 PM

Philly girl too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkymama
So is PA. I don't really mind it, though. There are NO stamp stores within an hour of me. There are a couple of ACMoores, Michaels within a half hour. But you drive there, they don't have what you want, you drive somewhere else. Much easier to buy what you want from SU and let the shipping cover the gas. Now if only orders got out here quicker than 10-12 days!

HI Jen,
Where in Philly do you live? I live in the northeast!
I just signed on as a demo and my open house is this Sat.
Just thought I would say HI!

pigfingers 06-23-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

If you order on your own, with a separate customer order, you would pay the 3.95 minimum, yes. If you order at a workshop (home party), you would pay 10%, because the group order goes in as a whole, which meets the minimum requirement.

That's funny to me as that was never explained to me by my upline or what I did when I was a demo -- before I signed with SU my demo had a stamp club I was part of and she always charged us the 3.95 for our minimum $25 orders. So I did the same thing when I did my workshops when I became a demo. I didn't know I was supposed to charge the 10% -- I feel really torn now, between feeling stupid and bad -- and a little bit upset that my upline didn't know enough to tell me and that I didn't know enough to do it.

lindylou1220 06-23-2006 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingers
That's funny to me as that was never explained to me by my upline or what I did when I was a demo -- before I signed with SU my demo had a stamp club I was part of and she always charged us the 3.95 for our minimum $25 orders. So I did the same thing when I did my workshops when I became a demo. I didn't know I was supposed to charge the 10% -- I feel really torn now, between feeling stupid and bad -- and a little bit upset that my upline didn't know enough to tell me and that I didn't know enough to do it.

When you place your orders, it should show that the shipping is 10%. That's very strange about your upline IMO.
Also to clarify for OP about ordering individual background stamps, if your demo places an order every month, she can add your item(s) to her order and if that takes it over $40, you will still qualify for the 10% shipping. (Or at least you would if you were my customer:) .)