Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU! Ribbon Keepers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-ribbon-keepers-199810/)

jpmayo 11-16-2006 12:47 PM

SU! Ribbon Keepers

I just got the SU! ribbon keeper yesterday and I have to say that it is the 1st and only SU! item that I have been kin dof disappointed in.
Then I thought that maybe I am using it incorrectly or something. I snapped it together the way that I think it goes and then I put some of my rolls of ribbon in it and they just flop over, there is no bar or anything to put through the holes in the spools. I only have 7 rolls of ribbon in it, it is the large one, so I put the little plastic piece in it to make it tighter and it still seems like it isnt as good as it could be, anyone KWIM?
I have everything SU! and I always love it but maybe I should have bought the Medium size not the large one. Someone else was splitting them with me but now that she saw it put together she doesnt want it anymore, so I am stuck with 2 of them when my drawer with the ribbon thrwon in it worked just as well...
Sorry to complain but maybe someone else can feel my pain.

jacobsmeemaw 11-16-2006 12:52 PM

I thought about it but didn't. I think that if someone said they wanted to split it with you they would be bound to pay for it. Just because it isn't what they thought doesn't mean they should stick you with it.

Klarson 11-16-2006 12:52 PM

Sorry you don't like them, but I love mine.

I think if they had slits in them for the ribbon to run through wouldn't work by the way they are designed.

jacobsmeemaw 11-16-2006 12:53 PM

Or you could use this as an excuse to buy more ribbon!

ajcmeyer 11-16-2006 12:54 PM

I agree with you. I had the same thing happen. I was so excited about getting something to organize my mess of ribbons. The thing I didn't like about these is trying to find the end where my ribbon starts is such a pain! I almost have to unsnap the organizer and put it back together every time I get out my ribbon. I think I am going to put my up for trade in the BST forum.

Just so you know Memory Works has some I like a lot better. They will hold the end of your ribbon down so no more hunting for the end!

Klarson 11-16-2006 12:57 PM

I've cut slits in my spools, and when Im done, I just put the ribbon back into the slit. I always know where my end ribbon is. Kinda like thread :)

MoberKitty 11-16-2006 01:41 PM

There is a piece of plastic that you use as a divider or 'book end'. It's in the bag w/ the instructions and the little pieces of plastic to hook multiple keepers together. Does that make sense??

I have two of the large keepers and plan on getting some medium ones as well. I really like them.

Scrapjanny 11-16-2006 02:30 PM

I have the one from Craft Locker, and I really like it. DH mounted it on the wall for me, and it works great. I didn't get the ones from SU because they looked kind of flimsy.

jpmayo 11-16-2006 04:19 PM

I am trying to get used to this ribbon holder, i'll give it a chance:) I dont blame my friend for not wanting to split them with me. Maybe i'll learn to love it and need 2 of them. Thanks for all your tips!

jkstampin 11-16-2006 04:23 PM

Not having the bar is what I love about them, and why I never purchased any of those that have them. I like taking out the whole spool when I am working on a project since I don't have a work area next to where I store my stamping supplies. I hated having to take all the spools off the dowel to get to the one I wanted, then put them all back on. Of course, I have so much ribbon, I don't have a problem with them flopping over! A great design idea would be to have some kind of sliding book end type thing like on a bookshelf.

jkstampin 11-16-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoberKitty
There is a piece of plastic that you use as a divider or 'book end'. It's in the bag w/ the instructions and the little pieces of plastic to hook multiple keepers together. Does that make sense??

I have two of the large keepers and plan on getting some medium ones as well. I really like them.

I didn't realize what those were! Thanks - I should have known SU would have thought of that before me!

Scrapjanny 11-16-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampin
A great design idea would be to have some kind of sliding book end type thing like on a bookshelf.

That's what the Craft Locker has, and also no bar through the middle. Glad the SU holder is working for you.

blueyes63 11-16-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

I was wondering what that piece was for - - now to find it again. LOL!!

I wasn't thrilled with mine either but having the "book end" will definately make a difference.

Thanks for the tip. :p